Why accept the bid?

Mandi wants to prove to all the fans and alumni that he is the man for the job. And one more dance off on the sidelines before the offseason

Advertisement
Let’s see Extra Practices reps, younger players get experience, most importantly recruits see you made a bowl game.

IF we win..

manny will sell that this senior class was the first to win the coastal, play in the acc championship and be on 2 bowl game podiums, may sound like **** but its the best senior class in years

Because Miami is masochistic.

WANTS to be cucked on Local Cable Access Channel 247 during the replay telecast of ULM doing very bad prison love things to Manuela.

Very bad.

Advertisement
Because 5 years from now no one looks at what bowls you played in just what your bowl record is. We are currently 1-7 since 2010. Any win will help going foward.

Advertisement
Honestly why would you accept the bid for this game? Alot more to lose than there is to gain. If we win its expected, if we win big sh1tty coaches like Enos gain leverage, if lose we are still the laughing stock, if we lose big that might be the death nail.

I said this before we should be trend setters and self impose a policy that establishes that we have to win atleast 8 games to accept a bowl bid. That set a standard and adds an additional unique characteristic to our program.
It's all about the PRACTICES , dummy.

Payout is 1.2 million - that's why. Frankly, for a 6-6 team, that is highway robbery.

Might even be higher than that now as I think that figure was from a few years back and before Walk-On's sponsorship.

Not to mention that if you rolled a nickel down US-1 you'd start a stampede from the administration offices at UM. So we ain't nevah turning down a bowl bid out of principle.

Honestly why would you accept the bid for this game? Alot more to lose than there is to gain. If we win its expected, if we win big sh1tty coaches like Enos gain leverage, if lose we are still the laughing stock, if we lose big that might be the death nail.

I said this before we should be trend setters and self impose a policy that establishes that we have to win atleast 8 games to accept a bowl bid. That set a standard and adds an additional unique characteristic to our program.
Change name to
JOE KING

Advertisement
For some seniors this will be the last football game they will ever play. At least give the that opportunity.

You would be better off arguing to reduce the number of bowl games to boost the quality of the teams that get invites. But hey, participation trophies are apparently a thing now.

Advertisement
$500K. Thats why we won't decline the bowl bid.

The Independence Bowl pays out $1.1 million per team. Since its a December 26th bowl, our costs will be kept to around $600K. That means we earn an additional $500K that goes into the ACC pool of funds to be divided up at year end.

I don’t think a school can voluntarily reject a bowl without the conference fining or punishing them. I think that’s all probably apart of the revenue sharing agreement. THATS the real issue. The school gets paid either way. It isn’t motivated by winning more because the clowns in charge see the same check regardless. If they had any savy they’d place value on brand power and sponsorship deals that come with wining.

we need all the extra practices we can get and the players get a ton of free stuff by participating.

Let me keep this simple. Only eligible teams that are on probation and sanctioned don’t go to bowl games. Why would a school punish itself and the players?

Oh fvck it, watching another Enos jet sweep to the short field IS punishment. But still, I enjoy watching Lou Hedley kick the ball?

Advertisement
Back