Who will set the tone?

The O line has to play a game they are capable of on paper, for once. If they play like they did vs FAU, we are fin.

I would hate to get 303 rushing yards, 3TDs and 8 YPC without your stud RB for most of the second half.

Ding dong hello!

Advertisement
When Driskell isn't running from the pocket after surveying the field for almost one full second, he has a tendency to hold onto the ball too long in the pocket. I'll take AQM.

I dont know if you guys watch Fentress (sp?) on kickoffs, but that kid lays a hat on the ball carrier, the play is over, usually in a violent way. I want that kid to hit a gator like he stole his cookies on the kickoff.

In watching a bit of the UF-Florida game, the Gators LT had some problems in pass pro. I really think Gilbert can have some success this game

Advertisement
The O line has to play a game they are capable of on paper, for once. If they play like they did vs FAU, we are fin.

I would hate to get 303 rushing yards, 3TDs and 8 YPC without your stud RB for most of the second half.

Ding dong hello!

WE gained ZERO yards on 3rd and 4th and 1 a LOT, and without Duke and a reverse, had NOTHING. And Morris, I admit bad in the pocket anyway, was hurried a **** of a lot for such a ballyhoo'd O line.

Ding dong hello!

WE gained ZERO yards on 3rd and 4th and 1 a LOT, and without Duke and a reverse, had NOTHING. And Morris, I admit bad in the pocket anyway, was hurried a **** of a lot for such a ballyhoo'd O line.

Not how it works big man, they all are part of the game. Big gains, small gains.

Give me 8 YPC, 303 rushing yards and 3 TDs a game and we will have a ton of success.

Why not take our quickest D back and blitz him like Fl State did? Not sure why we never do that.

Ding dong hello!

Not how it works big man, they all are part of the game. Big gains, small gains.

Give me 8 YPC, 303 rushing yards and 3 TDs a game and we will have a ton of success.

Yep, I'll take those stats every time against U***. Problem is, those stats were compiled against a HS caliber team.

Advertisement
In watching a bit of the UF-Florida game, the Gators LT had some problems in pass pro. I really think Gilbert can have some success this game

I mentioned a few times in the off season that getting Gilbert in here could be HUGE for the UiF game if he is healthy. Seeing him out there, I stick by that. He's physically a good player but also an intelligent one.

Ding dong hello!

"Without Duke"

Lulz.

I think the biggest tone setter we could have is if we receive and Morris picks them apart the 1st drive.

They are expecting a grind it out low scoring game, if we prove we can move the ball on them efficiently it changes the whole ball game.
Bingo

Advertisement
Duke houses the opening kickoff......

145.jpg

Ding dong hello!

Yep, I'll take those stats every time against U***. Problem is, those stats were compiled against a HS caliber team.

Ding dong hello? Try again

Advertisement
Figs plays with a ton of energy and aggression. Shame he's a freshmans because it's tough to rely on a freshmans to set the tone. But if he gets out there and makes a few big plays he could energize the team. A guy like Scaryman, as dangerous a hitter as he is, could also set the tone. He seems to be showing a little more emotion out there this year too, which is nice to see.

There is no more "where's the beef at LB". Figatron Scaryman Gaines and Armbrister are big and strong men and they will hurt your body. Rafael Kirby is no sloch either. Kacy Rodgers finally looks the part and Deon may get in for some snaps but certainly wont start. Most importantly We now have viable backups at DE and DT who can hold the line of scrimmage. I saw Renfro and Kamulu getting good penetration. Both are big and agile.
Our defensive spacing was much more disciplined than last year. Lets hope our defenders can keep their heads while all others are losing theirs.

Advertisement
Back