Who will set the tone?

Last year, Miami had two guys that set the tone on defense with explosive and physical play. One of them is at Hinds CC. The other one may not play on Saturday.

When Eddie Johnson and Deon Bush were out last year, the defense had a completely different personality (see Virginia). Somebody needs to step up and match Florida's physicality. Who will it be?

Bush may not play?

Advertisement
Would be ******* amazing if we could knock out purifoy cold on the opening kick off

I don't mind the tone being set as long as it doesn't equal an ejection

dumbest **** ever added to cfb

Advertisement
Duke houses the opening kickoff......

They're going to angle kicks away from him. Would love to see us pull what Booby Bowel did to us back in the 80s on an early kickoff when they threw a lateral pass all the way across the field and Dexter Mr. D. Farter caught it and went up the sideline completely untouched for about 100 yards. I know we'll never do it because I've never seen anyone do it since then, but that **** would light the place up.

Muschump is a big enuf puzz to order that. Cot **** 'Chise, remember the days when we won the toss and kicked off to get our D on the field. We didn't give a ratz *** who was back there, kick it right to your best player. Let's go.

I think the biggest tone setter we could have is if we receive and Morris picks them apart the 1st drive.

They are expecting a grind it out low scoring game, if we prove we can move the ball on them efficiently it changes the whole ball game.

I think the biggest tone setter we could have is if we receive and Morris picks them apart the 1st drive.

They are expecting a grind it out low scoring game, if we prove we can move the ball on them efficiently it changes the whole ball game.

True story.

Advertisement
I think it's on the offense.

MORRIS! He shows up in his "Mummy" persona, and it's Katy bar the door from the get go.

The offense will set the tone by sustaining drives.

The defense will set the tone by forcing three and outs and/or turnovers.

Don't care if there are zero big hits and Miami ankle tackles everyone. Just win.

I want to have dp,kirb,figs in the game at the same time and i want them to knock the ****** gators out.

Last edited:
I got Jimmy Gaines, he was layin' lumber last year in the FSU game, I think he's gonna play some ball on Saturday.

Advertisement
The one guy whos gonna win this game if we do is Stacy Coley for some reason I think he balls. They cant cover him,also hoping the rest of the team shows up.also on D its gonna be Chickillo and OP.

I don't want to set the tone until we prove we can set the tone.

/sumbuddyhadto****ingsayit

Advertisement
Its a tossup between the D-Line and O-Line imo. I think the D-Line, the defense overall, is good enough to at least limit UF's offense but if the OL plays how it played against FAU, expect some sacks and possible turnovers. Then again, I could be overrating our DL. FAU had 133 yards against us rushing although we had 5 sacks and kept them below 150 yards passing , how much do you think UF will get with superior talent?

Figs plays with a ton of energy and aggression. Shame he's a freshmans because it's tough to rely on a freshmans to set the tone. But if he gets out there and makes a few big plays he could energize the team. A guy like Scaryman, as dangerous a hitter as he is, could also set the tone. He seems to be showing a little more emotion out there this year too, which is nice to see.

I agree with you and the positive here is that Bush was also a true Freshmen, and we were able to count on him when he was healthy. I think Figs will step up. Bush will be back and hungry, P-Man is ready and will want to avenge his missed pick-6. The D-line is totally revamped and I think Gilbert will provide the pass rush when necessary. We also have some good run plugs in the middle now which should allow our LB's to be more free and wreak havoc.

The O line has to play a game they are capable of on paper, for once. If they play like they did vs FAU, we are fin.

Advertisement
Back