Rumor Who Should Miami's "3"-5-5 Be?

UNC will not be one of our permanant rivals. You also have to consider the other team and who would make sense for THEM to have. UNC needs to have UVA, NCState, Duke, and/or Wake Forrest after that. So anyone thinking we'd have UNC is just plain wrong. UNC vs UVA is like the longest played rivalry in CFB or some ****, so anybody thinking that's not going to continue is, again, wrong.

So for us, FSU is automatic. The other top teams that should be in consideration are VTech, Boston College, and Pitt. Those are by far the best options for us. Obviously if ND joined they'd be right there with FSU, but I don't expect that. Personally I'd go FSU and VTech for sure. BC or Pitt makes little difference to me honestly...

Games:
FSU - 64
UF - 56
Pitt - 41
VTech - 39
Boston College - 30
Notre Dame - 27
Georgia Tech - 26

So again expecting us to have UNC is kinda ridiculous when UNC has played UVA/NCState/Duke/Wake like **** near 100 times each...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Id like to see UNC annually. UNC imho with the right staff has the potential to be dangerous and really good. Looking ahead I think the Heels take their next step forward in a positive way for them. Id like to be playing a very good UNC team and beating them annually.

Fsu even though a part of me wants to say **** it. They aren't a very good program. If Prime Time returns to Fsu, they could get really good again. That Fsu team Id love to play and beat annually. This ****** Fsu team can keep kicking rocks.

Id like to see us play BC or Cuse annually. Not bc they suck. Not bc I think they get good. Id love to catch a Canes game in the Northeast. GT is in Atlanta, so thats a win in terms of getting to the game.

I was at on-campus Pitt Stadium in 1967 when we rolled them 58-0. My first year out of UM>

Had a nice lunch at ex-Pirates Infielder Frankie Gustine's restaurant (on Forbes Ave) and then walked up the VERY steep hill to the stadium. Perfect day!
I heard, back then, you had to walk up a VERY steep hill to leave the stadium too.

VT, UNC, Louisville. VT and UM have good history. VT fans really hate UM too. UNC is equivalent to a better FSU. If UNC is out because they have to match up with another 3, I could live with Pitt in that spot. Louisville is a selfish pick because I visit my parents in Kentucky a lot and I might want to catch a game.

Advertisement
VT, UNC, Louisville. VT and UM have good history. VT fans really hate UM too. UNC is equivalent to a better FSU. If UNC is out because they have to match up with another 3, I could live with Pitt in that spot. Louisville is a selfish pick because I visit my parents in Kentucky a lot and I might want to catch a game.

Not to be a contrarian, but our history w/ UNC didn’t begin til we joined the ACC. We have a much longer rivalry w/ VT & Pitt from the old Big East days, & we continually play them today. Initially I thought BC, VT, & FSU, but we don’t nearly play BC enough since joining the ACC, so that rivalry has become non existent.

So our 3, from a natural & current long standing rivalries, should be FSU, VT, & Pitt. Imo

Nah; I want ND to be a special occasion game. Strike up the old Big East w/ VT & BC being our 2 foes & of course FSU. Rotate the rest.
Give me ND every single year. Would be huge for College Football. No one cares about Big East foes outside of VT. But that’s not going to happen.

Last edited:
Having only 3 annually recurring games feels like the tobacco road schools trying to find a way to keep their incestuous relationship in the face of ever-expanding sports conferences.

Advertisement
Having only 3 annually recurring games feels like the tobacco road schools trying to find a way to keep their incestuous relationship in the face of ever-expanding sports conferences.
I get the hate for tobacco road but frankly they should play each other.. they are close and have some history. It makes sense for the conference.. Oh and UNC will have UVA as one of their three and NCSt will have Clemson (Textile Bowl)

Give me ND every single year. Would be huge for College Football. No one cares about Big East foes outside of VT. But that’s not going to happen.

I contemplated ND as well, but man, it’s something about playing ND on a special occasion that just seems to elevate that game a little different. I definitely wouldn’t be mad at that either, but believe it should be reserved for those rotational moments, a good home & home every couple of yrs.

Agree on FSU and VT

But I would definitely add Syracuse to Pitt and BC as a possibility for the 3rd. They would be in the mix as well

I contemplated ND as well, but man, it’s something about playing ND on a special occasion that just seems to elevate that game a little different. I definitely wouldn’t be mad at that either, but believe it should be reserved for those rotational moments, a good home & home every couple of yrs.
I also like ND as a de-facto OOC home-and-home every four or six years. Same with Florida, BTW.

I am not interested in playing BC, Syracuse, or any other old Big East teams annually. Not even VT, but there is enough of a rivalry to warrant the Chokies as a fixed opponent.

FSU, VT, and Clemson.

Advertisement
You guys know ND is not a part of this discussion (3-5-5)

Miami vs ND was arguably bigger than FSU and UF. I want that smoke every year.

Advertisement
My initial preference is for FSU, VT, and Pitt. FSU and VT are must-haves in my opinion, but I'd be fine with GT or BC if Pitt weren't available.

Advertisement
Back