Rumor Who Should Miami's "3"-5-5 Be?

You mean pitt basically losing every time? They have won what twice in all these years
Twice in the last 9. I'm just being subjective as it's usually a pretty decent game.

Would you prefer UNC? That's either a tight game or a blowout. The other option is GT, which usually isn't all that interesting.

Advertisement
FSU and VT have to be locks. We've played VT every year since 1992. (If you wanna vomit, we're only 15-15 in those 30 games).

The other one will likely be Pitt or Duke. The ACC has tried to make those our "rivalry" teams the last game of the season several times.

I would expect that, if they really do go with this model where you have 3 teams locked in every year, they'd almost certainly keep them where the Coastal teams 3 opponents are current Coastal teams, Atlantic the same, etc. Over the past 15 years, some natural rivalries have developed. For example, I don't think it makes sense for Miami's 3 opponents to be FSU and then 2 other Atlantic teams. I'm sure it'll be FSU and then 2 current Coastal teams since we already play them every year. Has to be VT and one of Pitt, Duke, or maybe UNC?

FSU has been crying to have GT on their yearly schedule for some time now. It makes sense too, as it's the closest team in the ACC to them and they almost never play them.

FSU has been crying to have GT on their yearly schedule for some time now. It makes sense too, as it's the closest team in the ACC to them and they almost never play them.

Hey man, it's the ACC, so I'd be shocked if they did anything that actually made sense. Would it surprise me if they made FSU's 3 annual opponents us, GT, and Clemson? Of course not. I'm just saying, if you did this logically, you'd keep the Atlantic teams together and the Coastal teams together, for the most part. Except for the crossover games that are already in place, like us vs FSU, Clemson vs GT, etc.

Twice in the last 9. I'm just being subjective as it's usually a pretty decent game.

Would you prefer UNC? That's either a tight game or a blowout. The other option is GT, which usually isn't all that interesting.
Idk who to go with. Pitt would probably be the pick and if it was so be it but just from potential competitive view I would prefer unc

Advertisement
No Tobacco Road opponents please. The officiating is extra bad when Miami plays any of those clown schools.
Naw we gotta turn this around and payback UNC. Putting the U down during the 2010s when we was down needs a response.

1652275013047.png

Advertisement
I like that rotation I would **** FSU, VT and GT. GT draws more Miami fans at GT then probably any other road game. And it is easy to get tix
It's **** sure an easier trip for me. I'm usually one of those Miami fans.

UNC's three would logically be their in-state rivals -- Duke, NCSU and Wake. Wake could be substituted out for UVA if that's too NC-centric.

Advertisement
UNC's three would logically be their in-state rivals -- Duke, NCSU and Wake. Wake could be substituted out for UVA if that's too NC-centric.

UNC's rivalry with UVA is bigger than with NCSU. Some people argue that its even bigger than vs Duke (for football purposes). 4th most played game in all of college football. 0 chance that they don't end up on each other's list.

I think it would look fairly close to this.. not sure about GT & Louisville. Might swap a few. Most are two inner division & one outer. It can be done though. 10 mins of effort.

BC - Syracuse, VT, Pitt
Clemson - GT, FSU, Louisville
FSU - Miami, NC State, Clemson
Louisville - UVA, Clemson, WF
NC State - FSU, UNC, Wake
Syracuse - BC, Pitt, GT
WF - NC State, Duke, Louisville
Duke - UNC, GT, Wake
GT - Clemson, Duke, Syracuse
Miami - FSU, VT, Pitt
UNC - Duke, NC State, Virginia
Pitt - Miami, BC, Syracuse
UVA - VT, UNC, Louisville
VT - Miami, Virginia, BC

Advertisement
I think it would look fairly close to this.. not sure about GT & Louisville. Might swap a few. Most are two inner division & one outer. It can be done though. 10 mins of effort.

BC - Syracuse, VT, Pitt
Syracuse - BC, Pitt, GT
Duke - UNC, GT, Wake
Miami - FSU, VT, Pitt
VT - Miami, Virginia, BC
Yup. And people are too focused on the permanent 3. We will probably see Clemson more often this way since 5 games will rotate every year. It's a solid setup in my opinion. Top 2 go to the ACCG. Tiebreaker based on H2H when possible. Would be interested on what the backup tiebreakers are

BC - Syracuse, VT, Pitt
Syracuse - BC, Pitt, GT
Duke - UNC, GT, Wake
Miami - FSU, VT, Pitt
VT - Miami, Virginia, BC
Based on the current state of teams, FSU would have the hardest schedule but I know their AD is on the record saying that he at least wants Miami and Clemson.

Based on the current state of teams, FSU would have the hardest schedule but I know their AD is on the record saying that he at least wants Miami and Clemson.
Agreed. Figured you could swap FSU's Clemson for Louisville if needed.

Yup. And people are too focused on the permanent 3. We will probably see Clemson more often this way since 5 games will rotate every year. It's a solid setup in my opinion. Top 2 go to the ACCG. Tiebreaker based on H2H when possible. Would be interested on what the backup tiebreakers are
Exactly and is the reason for moving to this method as it allows for everyone to play each other more frequently.

Advertisement
Back