Who is here from old Grassy/Scout?

What diehard said. Joined grassy around ‘96. Was never better than from about ‘99 thru 2003. Canesforever was there. The meet ups, tailgates on the road, the lounge. We went to away games and walked in like we owned the place b/c we knew we were gonna win.
It was a great time.

Yes indeed. I thought the mid 00s were also a good era when randy split off and did his CF.com board but alas, that also marked the beginning of the end of the lounge. That was also the time you saw the great divide on grassy start - you had the ardent Coker fluffers getting banned by over eager mods, people starting to get personal, etc. Some great characters and moments on those boards back then.

Advertisement
Yes indeed. I thought the mid 00s were also a good era when randy split off and did his CF.com board but alas, that also marked the beginning of the end of the lounge. That was also the time you saw the great divide on grassy start - you had the ardent Coker fluffers getting banned by over eager mods, people starting to get personal, etc. Some great characters and moments on those boards back then.

The board began to die when good posters like PennMedCane and Numbers were being drowned out by idiots like Randy and others. The CanesOverHere crew are so self-important it's hilarious.

Constantly negative whiners whose only contribution to society seems to be organizing road tailgates.

Advertisement
Lurked during Eye of the Hurricane era, posted on Grassy. When Scout started going downhill, [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] and I came up with the idea for this place. Then [MENTION=1]Andrew[/MENTION] made it all happen. Without him, this place never becomes a reality.

Advertisement
Best board on the net by far, before or since. Even when people disagreed they could still meet up and enjoy a tailgate together. The level of douchebag posters since that time have increased exponentially.

I think at one point, the lounge was in the top 5 of most heavily trafficked boards on scout.

Started on Grassy/scout in 2003-2004 under the same screen name.

You've gotta admire the consistency of Sniff. Talked to himself over in the Lounge for the past 6 years lol

Advertisement
Was on scout with same name, was also on Shadow's board as well. I do miss the scout board, after a awhile you got to know the regular posters.
Joined on here about a month ago.

Joined Grassy after I moved to LA after graduation in 1996. Was my lifeline for Cane football... used 3 different handles ... retiring each after 3000 posts.

Remember the early Butch days and the "fire Coker rally" call to be held at the baseball field

... didn't think I would survive the eras of Coker, Randy and Folden... what a nightmarish decade and a half,
... my incessant rantings ... the Grassy board was the only outlet for my pent up anger at our inept administration

Makes me grateful for what we have today ... though I still yearn for the JJ days which was the real "golden" era of U football

Last edited:
I was on scout back in maybe 04? Not completely sure. I do remember sniff, and oh who can forget Danny, it was a pathetic time for him. I actually got to the point where I felt bad for him. He just couldn’t help it. I actually transitioned to both cane insider and here. But the insider site ended up bombing. Always like [MENTION=581]561Cane[/MENTION] he was a good dude. Been just here for a while now. I do recall some of your names. Indy I remember you. Nice seeing you dudes here!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back