Who is here from old Grassy/Scout?

Advertisement
CaneLust on grassy in 1997, on scout either LustNCanes1 or same handle. Cogs was a great dude, chefcane was good, too.

There were a bunch of characters I can’t recall, but some funny dudes! The good old days.

Same name..probably 15 years or so. Shadows board before that.

Ahhh...Shadow...memories

Who was that?

I think Shadow's board is still around. They lost their recruiting guru some time ago, died young maybe after surgery.

I think there might have been an old shadow board before the current shadow board.

I used to be Matador or The Matador and for a while I was BeachCane. I think I was on Grassy's board from at or near the beginning. I used to go to Mike Bakas' board, SunshineRecruiting, I think it was. He was the king of recruiting at one time. He identified all the top prospects from south Florida who never appeared on the national recruiting lists. Sean Taylor was an example.

Advertisement
I was there from the beginning in 1996, same name-Diehard Cane, Brian Knoll started it and later sold to scout. Was a Mod and Knew Bakas as HSCane back in the old Rivals site before Ferman bought them. Ferman refused to honor my yearly subscription with them, left them and never looked back. Was with Scout till we opened here in 2011. Never went back to Scout after that. Same name in all three sites. Use to meet at Gameworks back in the day (1999-2002). Canesfan, Cogley (RIP), 4XNC, later 5XNC, Canesjim and several others. Have not posted much here, just read a lot and stay informed. As Matador stated, I remember Shadow's site and the Sunshinerecruting. Those days we were craving for info.

Last edited:
GOGETA4

Got the email or message from DMONEY, and a few other originals that they were starting the board...Came over havent looked back since.

I was on Shadow's board heavy as well.

Would be on all the boards even as i played college football in my off time or study hall. Best canes board ever.

Advertisement
Was on shadows board and grassy. Can't even remember my handle, would have to look it up. Haven't even looked at it since the day I joined here.

Never got the traffic this board did to fulfill my fix of canes football

Last edited:
I was on scout for years as nonpc, but never posted as much as many others. Always heard references to "grassy" but apparently that was before I found the forum. There was a time when scout was very active but it just dwindled over the years. I still have a screen capture of the page 1 thread list from 9/4/06. At that moment there were 1582 members online and I have a screen cap of all those user names. Let's just say Coker was not popular on that day.

Same name.

Favorite part the way dynasty dissected what was being run
Ultimately became unreadable.

Advertisement
Found grassy back in 1999. Great memories. Back then I was Orlcane or OrlandoCane or both. Changed to my current screen name in 2003/2004. Found this place in 2011/12 and haven't looked back. Grassy really went downhill in 2003-2005 and never recoved.

Advertisement
Same name. It may be gone but not forgotten.

Go Canes

[video=youtube_share;0-cpL--0AQA]https://youtu.be/0-cpL--0AQA[/video]

Advertisement
Back