Who comes back?

Angry Gary Oldman GIF
Epic!! Such an awesome movie!!

Advertisement
Is he even on their radar? He would have to close the year out strong and get many looks in big games, unless Emory plays in those games he doesnt get enough targets to really shot up the boards, TVD has his guy..
I think it would depend on his testing, which obviously isn’t going to come until he turns pro. But he ran sub 4.5 at his size someone will take him. To me he’s the one of the few players who could drastically boost their value coming back a year.

The OL guys I think are probably capped outside of maybe Rivers. Two healthy years could push him into the first round. Especially considering his ability to play multiple line positions.

I’m hoping Rivers and Lee come back, I think Cohen is 2-3 rounder and will leave.

I really hope that Citizen comes back looking fully healthy and ready to be lead back with Fletcher in 24’. I don’t think Chaney and Parrish both stay.

TVD I’m torn on - depends how he looks down the stretch. He was so good early this season then imploded vs GT and UNC.

I would love to have Mesidor, JHH and LT come back for one last year. Unless Taylor dominates the rest of the year, I can’t see him being 1st rounder.

Kiko is the #1 LB vs the run, hope he comes back to play 1 more year.

Kam and James could continue to improve and be lights out next year. If Kam is projected 1st rounder I’m sure he will leave though.

Advertisement
think we take everyone back, culture seems great and all withstood the first purge

I think Matt lee goes pro, we'll probably have a few more leave to portal and/or pro when they shouldn't unfortunately

wouldn't lose sleep if chantz Williams or Zion left
Matt Lee going pro 😱 Nooo!!!!! Don’t say that out loud😂🤣😂🤣😂

Attachments

• IMG_2362.gif
    IMG_2362.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I’m hoping Rivers and Lee come back, I think Cohen is 2-3 rounder and will leave.

I really hope that Citizen comes back looking fully healthy and ready to be lead back with Fletcher in 24’. I don’t think Chaney and Parrish both stay.

TVD I’m torn on - depends how he looks down the stretch. He was so good early this season then imploded vs GT and UNC.

I would love to have Mesidor, JHH and LT come back for one last year. Unless Taylor dominates the rest of the year, I can’t see him being 1st rounder.

Kiko is the #1 LB vs the run, hope he comes back to play 1 more year.

Kam and James could continue to improve and be lights out next year. If Kam is projected 1st rounder I’m sure he will leave though.
The only players on your list that could have a good enough grade to leave are Kiko and Taylor. I thought Cohen and Lee were out of eligibility after this year but was wrong they are both juniors. Add James Williams because he could shoot up draft boards. TVDs injury history will prevent him from getting drafted this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agreed but I don't think he gets close to a 1st round grade.
Me too. I don’t think the talking heads have done as much leg work as the pro scouts and he’s probably gonna fall into the late day 2/day 3 range as the draft nears. Barring his play improving dramatically between now and the end of the season.

Akeem Mesidor Jr
- 5th round
Jared Harrison-Hunte R-Jr
- undrafted
Leonard Taylor Jr
- 3rd round
Jahfari Harvey R-Jr
- undrafted
Chantz Williams R-Jr
- undrafted
KJ Cloyd Jr
- undrafted
Kiko Mauigoa Jr
- 6th rounder
Kam Kinchens Jr
- 3rd rounder
James Williams Jr
- 4th rounder

Tyler Van Dyke Jr
- 6th rounder
Javion Cohen Jr
- 2nd rounder
Matt Lee Jr
- no clue. I’d assume 4th?
Jalen Rivers R-So
- 7th rounder
Zion Nelson R-Jr
- transferring if I had to guess
Henry Parrish Jr
- undrafted
Don Chaney R-So
- undrafted
Colbie Young Jr
- 7th rounder
Xavier Restrepo Jr
- 6th rounder
Jacolby George Jr
- 6th rounder

I don’t know why more than a few of these guys would leave early - only a few have a chance at top 100 picks but the agents seem to infiltrate UM more than anywhere else with terrible draft advice.
You think Jalen Rivers would be a 7th round pick? I think you are off on him by a lot. And Nelson will medically retire and get his degree from UM IMO.

Akeem Mesidor Jr
Jahfari Harvey R-Jr
Chantz Williams R-Jr
KJ Cloyd Jr
Kiko Mauigoa Jr

Tyler Van Dyke Jr
Zion Nelson R-Jr
Henry Parrish Jr
Don Chaney R-So
Colbie Young Jr
Xavier Restrepo Jr
Jacolby George Jr

All the other ones are NFL bound. Depending on what draft grade he gets, Cohen might actually end up staying.

Advertisement
Akeem Mesidor Jr
- 5th round
- undrafted
Leonard Taylor Jr
- 3rd round
Jahfari Harvey R-Jr
- undrafted
Chantz Williams R-Jr
- undrafted
KJ Cloyd Jr
- undrafted
Kiko Mauigoa Jr
- 6th rounder
Kam Kinchens Jr
- 3rd rounder
James Williams Jr
- 4th rounder

Tyler Van Dyke Jr
- 6th rounder
Javion Cohen Jr
- 2nd rounder
Matt Lee Jr
Jalen Rivers R-So
- 7th rounder
Zion Nelson R-Jr
Henry Parrish Jr
- undrafted
Don Chaney R-So
- undrafted
Colbie Young Jr
- 7th rounder
Xavier Restrepo Jr
- 6th rounder
Jacolby George Jr
- 6th rounder

I don’t know why more than a few of these guys would leave early - only a few have a chance at top 100 picks but the agents seem to infiltrate UM more than anywhere else with terrible draft advice.
Yeah, don't make draft boards any time soon, okay? Because this list reeks like the **** my neighbors dog just did.

@DMoney any truth to the rumor from Ferman that LT was ready to quit and shut it down for the season prior to the Clemson game? Apparently, Mario had to talk him out of it.
That's one **** of a pep talk from Cristobal considering that's the best game I've ever seen LT play...

Looking ahead to next year - we have a lot of draft eligible players who could be important pieces for an ACC Championship roster. I’m not sure we’re ready to call this team National Championship contenders yet, but definitely enough to win the ACC.

Who do you think should come back and who would you really want back?

Akeem Mesidor Jr
Leonard Taylor Jr
Jahfari Harvey R-Jr
Chantz Williams R-Jr
KJ Cloyd Jr
Kiko Mauigoa Jr
Kam Kinchens Jr
James Williams Jr

Tyler Van Dyke Jr
Javion Cohen Jr
Matt Lee Jr
Jalen Rivers R-So
Zion Nelson R-Jr
Henry Parrish Jr
Don Chaney R-So
Colbie Young Jr
Xavier Restrepo Jr
Jacolby George
Looking ahead to next year - we have a lot of draft eligible players who could be important pieces for an ACC Championship roster. I’m not sure we’re ready to call this team National Championship contenders yet, but definitely enough to win the ACC.

Who do you think should come back and who would you really want back?

Akeem Mesidor Jr
Leonard Taylor Jr
Jahfari Harvey R-Jr
Chantz Williams R-Jr
KJ Cloyd Jr
Kiko Mauigoa Jr
Kam Kinchens Jr
James Williams Jr

Tyler Van Dyke Jr
Javion Cohen Jr
Matt Lee Jr
Jalen Rivers R-So
Zion Nelson R-Jr
Henry Parrish Jr
Don Chaney R-So
Colbie Young Jr
Xavier Restrepo Jr
Jacolby George Jr
Kam, James willams , Leornard Taylor , Cohen, Restrepo - Leaves for draft and will be drafted

Jahfari Harvey , Chantz Willams-Transfers

kiko Mauigoa, Tvd , Matt Lee, Jalen Rivers, Henry Parish, Don Chaney and Colbie young - shouldn’t leave for the draft but might Leave.

Advertisement
I agree, but if he gets a round 1 grade he’d be doing himself a disservice coming back.
As soon as the film comes on he'll be borderline undraftable. GT and UNC probably ended the idea that he leaves early.

I think James, LT, Lee, Cohen, and Rivers are gone.

I think Kam, JHH, Harvey, and Mesidor come back.

I think TVD is up in the air. I lean gone but depends how he finishes his season.

Akeem Mesidor Jr
- 5th round
- undrafted
Leonard Taylor Jr
- 3rd round
Jahfari Harvey R-Jr
- undrafted
Chantz Williams R-Jr
- undrafted
KJ Cloyd Jr
- undrafted
Kiko Mauigoa Jr
- 6th rounder
Kam Kinchens Jr
- 3rd rounder
James Williams Jr
- 4th rounder

Tyler Van Dyke Jr
- 6th rounder
Javion Cohen Jr
- 2nd rounder
Matt Lee Jr
Jalen Rivers R-So
- 7th rounder
Zion Nelson R-Jr
Henry Parrish Jr
- undrafted
Don Chaney R-So
- undrafted
Colbie Young Jr
- 7th rounder
Xavier Restrepo Jr
- 6th rounder
Jacolby George Jr
- 6th rounder

Isn't there a go/no-go chart for potential draft round selection vs staying?

@AtlAtty

As soon as the film comes on he'll be borderline undraftable. GT and UNC probably ended the idea that he leaves early.

I think James, LT, Lee, Cohen, and Rivers are gone.

I think Kam, JHH, Harvey, and Mesidor come back.

I think TVD is up in the air. I lean gone but depends how he finishes his season.
James Williams? With his size and how he’s played this season, he could really improve his stock coming back another year.

Lee & Cohen make sense. Not sure how much more they can improve. I do think Rivers could move up some more with another healthy season, but I’d get leaving early if the got a 3/4 grade.

Advertisement
Back