Who comes back?

Advertisement
I’m telling you if everyone comes back plus with what the plan is with the portal we could be very good next year if guys return. Burroughs will be huge in itself.
How many Seniors who are out of eligibility do we have (side note: the way the Miami website shows what class someone is in by starting it with 'Fourth' or 'Fifth' year and then 'Junior' or 'Senior' makes it very difficult to quickly tell who is out of eligibility)?

We are going take a class of ~25 recruits and then portal players on top of that (I assume at least 5). I assume we have a decent amount less than 30 players who will be out of eligibility. I know that you are obviously referring to 'the right players' when you say 'everyone', but we are going to need some players w/ eligibility to declare/transfer in order to have room.

If we finish the season strong, good NIL packages for draft eligible players, this could result in many of our players coming back to make a run.

*Schedule not in calendar order

UF - Away
FAMU - Home
Ball State - Home
USF - Away (lol) still in state
BC - Home
FSU - Home
Duke - Home
Pitt - Home
Clemson - Away
Louisville - Away
Syracuse - Away
Wake Forest - Away

We’ll probably get Syracuse at the end of the year for our freeze game.

Random QB I’ll throw out. If Utah likes their pig farming QB and decide to stick with him next year, Cam Rising as 1 year player while Emory and Judd sit.

He’s getting a medical redshirt this year and I imagine he’s back at Utah next year. But would be interesting (albeit very risky considering his injury issues) if Utah sticks with their young QB.

Obviously assuming TVD decides to move on which also still totally up on the air.

Advertisement
If we finish the season strong, good NIL packages for draft eligible players, this could result in many of our players coming back to make a run.

UF - Away
FAMU - Home
Ball State - Home
BC - Home
FSU - Home
Duke - Home
Pitt - Home
Clemson - Away
Louisville - Away
Syracuse - Away
Wake Forest - Away

Last I checked Syracuse plays in a dome(used to be the carrier)

I’m telling you if everyone comes back plus with what the plan is with the portal we could be very good next year if guys return. Burroughs will be huge in itself.
Cribby when you say with what the plan is with the portal,it's very intriguing.Mario hit the portal hard last year,is the plan this year to sign less but more impact types.

UF - Away
FAMU - Home
Ball State - Home
BC - Home
FSU - Home
Duke - Home
Pitt - Home
Clemson - Away
Louisville - Away
Syracuse - Away
Wake Forest - Away

Does this change at all with SMU, Stanford and Cal coming over?

Advertisement
The only players on your list that could have a good enough grade to leave are Kiko and Taylor. I thought Cohen and Lee were out of eligibility after this year. Add James Williams because he could shoot up draft boards. TVDs injury history will prevent him from getting drafted this year.
Don’t forget 2020 doesn’t count as a season - everyone got a red shirt that year

Looking ahead to next year - we have a lot of draft eligible players who could be important pieces for an ACC Championship roster. I’m not sure we’re ready to call this team National Championship contenders yet, but definitely enough to win the ACC.

Who do you think should come back and who would you really want back?

Akeem Mesidor Jr
Jared Harrison-Hunte R-Jr
Leonard Taylor Jr
Jahfari Harvey R-Jr
Chantz Williams R-Jr
KJ Cloyd Jr
Kiko Mauigoa Jr
Kam Kinchens Jr
James Williams Jr

Tyler Van Dyke Jr
Javion Cohen Jr
Matt Lee Jr
Jalen Rivers R-So
Zion Nelson R-Jr
Henry Parrish Jr
Don Chaney R-So
Colbie Young Jr
Xavier Restrepo Jr
Jacolby George Jr

**** I had no clue we were that young. A few of these guys I thought were seniors. We have a good chance of being a 10 win team next year. In my opinion most of these guys are coming back. Guys to watch out for are Taylor, Williams and Kam on defense. Lee and maybe Cohen on offense.

think we take everyone back, culture seems great and all withstood the first purge

I think Matt lee goes pro, we'll probably have a few more leave to portal and/or pro when they shouldn't unfortunately

wouldn't lose sleep if chantz Williams or Zion left

I got my fingers cross that Lee returns. Finding a replacement in the portal going to be difficult but I think you're right

Kiper has these Canes listed on his latest big board :
Lee - 4th best center
Cohen - 2nd best guard
LT3 - 3rd best DT
Cam - best S

**** so we are losing Cohen. That hurts losing both Lee and Cohen. We have McCoy ready to jump in

Advertisement

UF - Away
FAMU - Home
Ball State - Home
BC - Home
FSU - Home
Duke - Home
Pitt - Home
Clemson - Away
Louisville - Away
Syracuse - Away
Wake Forest - Away

syracuse plays in a dome

Advertisement
Don’t forget 2020 doesn’t count as a season - everyone got a red shirt that year
I didn't forget about that but the rooster on the official team website had both Cohen and Lee incorrectly classified as Seniors up until just recently where they corrected the error. So all this time I had in my mind that both were out of eligibility. Then because of your post plus the fact that I kept hearing people discussing the possibility of either or both coming back I went and checked again and lo and behold, they are both now listed as Juniors which is a great thing because it opens the door for the possibility of the entire starting OL returning and that's really exciting.

Out of the draft eligible OL Rivers, Cohen and Lee, it's really tough to say who is most likely to leave or have a high enough draft grade to consider it. I don't have the PFF grades for any of them handy and I have no clue what scouts think of any of them. They have obviously all had great years to this point. I'll say that the job Rivers has done at LT has really impressed me and to be honest I have been somewhat surprised. I knew Rivers was talented with untapped potential and could play LT but the level he has played at has been borderline shocking. I heard a bunch of simps questioning Mirabal in the off season. Those individuals can now be seen enjoying a box of glazed dongs. Huge credit to coach Mirabal and how he has molded this group into one of the best in school history but I digress.

Will Rivers go pro? I don't know but if he stays he could position himself to to be one of the first LTs taken in the draft. Rivers can also play every position on the line so that type of versatility is always a plus. I'm saying he stays. Matt Lee could go. He consistently plays at a very high level, is very athletic and a team leader. However that doesn't guarantee a Center to go day 1. Javion Cohen is another excellent player at Left Guard. He has good size and like Lee is also athletic enough to pull and hit a moving target at the second level. I have no clue what these kids will decide. I just hope that everything works out for them thus allowing all three to return in 2024.

hopefully not too much change

think if 90% of those players come back + our new class of recruits and portal that Mario will inevitably land + retain Guidry, Dawson, and TVD and I think 10 wins should be the expectation next year
Only expectation I have for next year is the night of 8/31 being 1-0 and UFaG being 0-1

UF - Away
FAMU - Home
Ball State - Home
BC - Home
FSU - Home
Duke - Home
Pitt - Home
Clemson - Away
Louisville - Away
Syracuse - Away
Wake Forest - Away

Miami travels to UsF Tampa next year? **** yeah got a home game I don’t have to travel to.

Advertisement
Back