Who am I?

He was a giant panicky ****** on the sidelines. Looked a mess, and his teams panicked and choked just like him on the regular. He was Steve Logan and Flubberneck's bytch. He was singlehandedly responsible for putting Vag Tech on the map.

These weirdo Boochists have morphed him into something completely different than he was. The dude needed Larry Coker to take his roster and win a NC with it because he couldn't do it himself.
Not only was he Logan's b*tch he was the ultimate lying, excuse making politician. These people obviously don't remember him pulling Portis when he was shredding ECU's defense and blaming him after the game saying he needed a breather cuz he was a freshmans or some sh*t. Portis denied the claim. Like Portis would EVER pull himself from a game unless his leg was cut off. Then I still doubt it. F butch. Funny thing is he WAS a great talent evaluator because he was recruiting the backyard. But let's remember those were the days before the internet had made all these high schoolers NFL hall of famers and all the SEC bags were running rampant through SFL. Different time and day.

Advertisement
Dennis' teams would have beaten Butch's teams every time.
Coach E doesn’t get enough credit here, the guy won 2 NC and may have been our best game day coach including Jimmy. People here like the bash Dennis but here’s the truth and it comes from multiple players and a pretty good AD. Thad was trying to make UM The Harvard of the south and that was one of the reasons that Jimmy got out of Dodge. With Prop 48 and Foote cracking down on other guys being admitted, the recruiting changed dramatically. Coach E had to say no to a lot of guys that would have got into school in the mid 80s. Totally different playing field And anybody debating this has no idea what was going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
So no one is picking on Butch, who is clearly running FIU into the ground and is more likely to get fired there than get a P5 gig, we are laughing at those who can't see clearly.
Just asking from a binary perspective... being 0-5 at FIU, losing to a first year coach we all think is garbage in Taggart, all while avoiding two of their toughest opponents via Covid cancellations, and being unable to recruit while being located in Dade... that's a 0 not a 1, right?

I didn't know FIU was a G5 powerhouse and could be ran into the ground. LMAO. But regardless running into the ground, is what Cristobal did there. Despite going 0-5 during a pandemic yr, BD's record at FIU is still better than his.

Also, I know you're smart enough to understand that the situation that Taggert inherited from Kiffin was one of the best in G5. At least I hope you are

I didn't know FIU was a G5 powerhouse and could be ran into the ground. LMAO. But regardless running into the ground, is what Cristobal did there. Despite going 0-5 during a pandemic yr, BD's record at FIU is still better than his.

Also, I know you're smart enough to understand that the situation that Taggert inherited from Kiffin was one of the best in G5. At least I hope you are

CANDIDATE #1 IS STILL AT IT

Advertisement
What is the problem with what I wrote? I listed facts. FACTS. He's a coach who gets paid millions and he, like everyone, has to own his results. Where did I say I don't like him? I do. And where was I "nasty" to him at all? I am laughing at the set who wanted/want him hired now. Please don't put words in my mouth. The only coach I actually insulted was Taggart.

This is only a discussion because the franks n beans crowd keep bringing him up as the answer. You don't see Schnelly threads like this, do you? So no one is picking on Butch, who is clearly running FIU into the ground and is more likely to get fired there than get a P5 gig, we are laughing at those who can't see clearly.
Even your response isn’t respectful. I hope no one is ever as “nice” to you. I think you’re a wonderful person and clearly the best person ever. See... not that hard

I posted the following comment regarding Butch more than once and it appears I will have to do it again.

I dont have respect for coaches that tell their players to fake injuries in such a blatant way, that the commentators laughed about it because it was so ridiculous.

And you know what? Karma keeps winning.
Don’t be upset. That season is over. Move on. UF lost to Georgia Southern and we lost to FIU. **** Happens 🤔

Was Booch a volunteer here? You dudes act like this fcking guy was Mother Theresa. He got paid millions and then parlayed that into more millions in the NFL. Meanwhile, he won NOTHING here.
He got paid and did a wonderful job with a terrible situation. Some of us like the person, not just the coach. There’s never an appropriate time to be disrespectful.

Advertisement
Even your response isn’t respectful. I hope no one is ever as “nice” to you. I think you’re a wonderful person and clearly the best person ever. See... not that hard

I am not trying to be nice. I am being accurate. And please tell me how I've been disrespectful to him? Butch doesn't need my sweet kisses. He's not a schoolteacher or a fire fighter, and he doesn't bag my groceries. Butch Davis, who I respect very much, is a public figure who is worth somewhere near nine figures because he chose a profession where your success is determined by how you perform, and you manage and the perception of the public and your industry.

Just like when you win you can't ever seem to pay for a drink anywhere and you get a parade where you get to hold a trophy up in the air and be adored, when you fail you get the other side of it. Davis chose this life and I doubt very much he would take much of an issue with my posts. He's a professional and I would hope he would own what is happening at FIU... while he is getting paid millions of dollars a year.

The concept of giving Davis, who is failing miserably at recruiting and coaching at FIU right now, and is a guy that not a single power-5 program has an interest in the keys to the Canes is beyond laughable, and my whole point is I am sick of seeing that sort of idiocy on here.

Last edited:
I am not trying to be nice. I am being accurate. And please tell me how I've been disrespectful to him? Butch doesn't need my sweet kisses. He's not a schoolteacher or a fire fighter, and he doesn't bag my groceries. Butch Davis, who I respect very much, is a public figure who is worth somewhere near nine figures because he chose a profession where your success is determined by how you perform, and you manage and the perception of the public and your industry.

Just like when you win you can't ever seem to pay for a drink anywhere and you get a parade where you get to hold a trophy up in the air and be adored, when you fail you get the other side of it. Davis chose this life and I doubt very much he would take much of an issue with my posts. He's a professional and I would hope he would own what is happening at FIU... while he is getting paid millions of dollars a year.

The concept of giving Davis, who is failing miserably at recruiting and coaching at FIU right now, and is a guy that not a single power-5 program has an interest in the keys to the Canes is beyond laughable, and my whole point is I am sick of seeing that sort of idiocy on here.
🤫 just like those of whom you speak, let it go. fwiw Butch doesn’t give a dam what you or anyone else on this board thinks of him. You might want to google his coaching tree. Those are the people’s opinions he listens to.

🤫 just like those of whom you speak, let it go. fwiw Butch doesn’t give a dam what you or anyone else on this board thinks of him. You might want to google his coaching tree. Those are the people’s opinions he listens to.

What are you talking about? Who said Butch would give a **** about me or a message board? Like I said, the guy is worth nine figures and has a fistful of rings. Winner. Doesn't mean he should be on the top 25 options to be UM head coach right now, and he's not. He's the losing coach at FIU, one of the worst programs in the country. That's not me being disrespectful. That's fact. The market has spoken about Butch Davis in 2020. It doesn't denigrate his past accomplishments. But it most certainly disqualifies him from being in the current conversation.

Also, what have I said that is "disrespectful" to Butch Davis? Quote me please.

And I don't need to google his coaching tree, I know it. You should know from the stock thread I'm no dummy, "Boarcane." As in RazorbackCane. I see you, buddy.:) I get that you're emotional about him. It's cool. Say hi for me. Tell him I wish he hadn't gone off to Cleveland. Two decades ago.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? Who said Butch would give a **** about me or a message board? Like I said, the guy is worth nine figures and has a fistful of rings. Winner. Doesn't mean he should be on the top 25 options to be UM head coach right now, and he's not. He's the losing coach at FIU, one of the worst programs in the country. That's not me being disrespectful. That's fact. The market has spoken about Butch Davis in 2020. It doesn't denigrate his past accomplishments. But it most certainly disqualifies him from being in the current conversation.

Also, what have I said that is "disrespectful" to Butch Davis? Quote me please.

And I don't need to google his coaching tree, I know it. You should know from the stock thread I'm no dummy, "Boarcane." As in RazorbackCane. I see you, buddy.:) I get that you're emotional about him. It's cool. Say hi for me. Tell him I wish he hadn't gone off to Cleveland. Two decades ago.
You just can’t stop 😂😂😂😂😂

Advertisement

Then why bring it up *******.

The Booch topic is brought up here on CIS far too often. His "legacy" (good, bad, or indifferent) is totally irrelevant to the current state of the program at the U. His tenure at the U ended unceremoniously over 20 years ago with not much impact until he was gone. His tenure is part of our history and better left in the past. His name is NEVER mentioned outside of this forum unless his current team is getting waxed by another G5 or FCS opponent.

Advertisement
The Booch topic is brought up here on CIS far too often. His "legacy" (good, bad, or indifferent) is totally irrelevant to the current state of the program at the U. His tenure at the U ended unceremoniously over 20 years ago with not much impact until he was gone. His tenure is part of our history and better left in the past. His name is NEVER mentioned outside of this forum unless his current team is getting waxed by another G5 or FCS opponent.
Again, if that's how you feel why bring it up. You're the one keeping his name fresh. What's your obsession with him?

His tenure didn't end unceremoniously without much impact. It resulted in championship #5 within 5 years of crippling sanctions. Or do you really feel Coker was responsible for it?

What seems to be forgotten is not so much him himself (people like yourself keep bringing him up), but his formula bringing us back, evaluations driven by specific traits he was looking for based on the system he wanted to run and development. This crucial element of talent acquisition has not changed and probably never change despite all this internet jazz. Or do prefer the alternative that Coker introduced, recruiting based on lists?

Last edited:
Again, if that's how you feel why bring it up. You're the one keeping his name fresh. What's your obsession with him?

His tenure didn't end unceremoniously without much impact. It resulted in championship #5 within 5 years of crippling sanctions. Or do you really felt Coker was responsible for it?

What seems to be forgotten is not so much him himself (people like yourself keep bringing him up), but his formula bringing us back, evaluations driven by specific traits he was looking for based on the system he wanted to run and development. This crucial element of talent acquisition has not changed and probably never change despite all this internet jazz. Or do prefer the alternative that Coker introduced, recruiting based on lists?
I beg to differ. I didn’t start this thread. I only made a contribution to an otherwise ridiculously redundant topic. As I mentioned, the Booch topic is old and tired. If you want to continue to live in the past, more power to ya.

I beg to differ. I didn’t start this thread. I only made a contribution to an otherwise ridiculously redundant topic. As I mentioned, the Booch topic is old and tired. If you want to continue to live in the past, more power to ya.
Sorry, I thought it was Cryptical I was replying to.

As an aside, just because I remember some of the positives as well as the negatives, it doesn't mean I live in the past. Even though it's become a digital world, there is no binary choice of forgetting the past or dwelling on it. You can also learn from the past and apply it to the future.

Last edited:
Sorry, I thought it was Cryptical I was replying to.

As an aside, just because I remember some of the positives as well as the negatives, it doesn't mean I live in the past. Even though it's become a digital world, there is no binary choice of forgetting the past or dwelling on it. You can also learn from the past and apply it to the future.
No problem. It’s great re-living the past at times - especially the positive aspects. No doubt we can learn from the past and hopefully not repeat any mistakes.

Advertisement
Back