Who actually graduated the U?

Advertisement
I call bull**** on both of you claiming that 2000-2003 was the best era to be a student at UM (as far as football is concerned):

1986 - (my first undergrad year) - UM v. Penn State, Miami finishes #2
1987 - UM wins national championship
1988 - UM robbed in the Notre Dame game, finishes #2
1989 - UM wins national championship
1990 - UM loses TWO games, finishes #3
1991 - (MBA) - UM wins national championship
1992 - (MBA) - UM v. Alabama, Miami finishes #3
1993 - (Law) - UM finishes #15
1994 - (Law) - UM v. Nebraska, Miami finishes #6

Ohhhh, I never said best. I'd have LOVED to have been in and at Miami during your era (although I may not have survived). I think my era just has gravitas in the discussion because it was our last dose of glory and contained the best team in modern college football history.

Advertisement
I wish. I came from humble beginnings and had to pay my own way thru school which was a small Liberal Arts school in PA. I wish mom and daddy forked it over to allow me to do so, but the lessons I learned are irreplaceable and I have aspirations to be well off enough to send my kids there someday!

Advertisement
Yup! Got my DMA in Jazz Studies - one of the best programs in the nation.

I know nothing about music, but I have heard that the Jazz department is like one of the best in the country. Unfortunately I have zero musical talent but I do admire people that are good at it.

Enrolled at the U in 1966 and graduated 5 years later after taking a year off when I got married. Ted Hendricks (The Mad Stork) was in one of my early classes. So yeah, I’ve been a Cane longer than most of you have been alive. GO CANES!!!!!

Advertisement
Enrolled at the U in 1966 and graduated 5 years later after taking a year off when I got married. Ted Hendricks (The Mad Stork) was in one of my early classes. So yeah, I’ve been a Cane longer than most of you have been alive. GO CANES!!!!!
Old Fart...

Yup! Got my DMA in Jazz Studies - one of the best programs in the nation.
nice. i was a BS music engineering, jazz guitar principal- the BM jazz performance kids could play circles around me, lol. was always brutal in the guitar ensembles trading off with those guys but hey, i got a lot better for it.

nice. i was a BS music engineering, jazz guitar principal- the BM jazz performance kids could play circles around me, lol. was always brutal in the guitar ensembles trading off with those guys but hey, i got a lot better for it.

Man the music engineering program is top-notch too!

Advertisement
I call bull**** on both of you claiming that 2000-2003 was the best era to be a student at UM (as far as football is concerned):

1986 - (my first undergrad year) - UM v. Penn State, Miami finishes #2
1987 - UM wins national championship
1988 - UM robbed in the Notre Dame game, finishes #2
1989 - UM wins national championship
1990 - UM loses TWO games, finishes #3
1991 - (MBA) - UM wins national championship
1992 - (MBA) - UM v. Alabama, Miami finishes #3
1993 - (Law) - UM finishes #15
1994 - (Law) - UM v. Nebraska, Miami finishes #6

You deserve a medal. And I'm not even remotely kidding.

Advertisement
Back