Who actually graduated the U?

Advertisement
The Ancient One. Class of ‘65! Older than dirt and hoping to last for one more NC, because they stole one from us. (At least.)
(New Orleans knows the way I feel!)

Last edited:
Good times (mostly). Day after Marlon Barnes was eery on campus.
Indeed it was somber and quiet. Happened right behind Eaton. You are correct, good memories overall, but some sad moments as well. At least we keep those who have passed memories alive. I ran high school track and field with Al Blades and his older sister. I still think of them both. Al was in the same class as Steve Hutchinson. Good to see that there are some alumni here on CIS from my time at Miami in the mid to late nineties.

I graduated from Career Institutes of America with an Associate’s degree in Music Video Business Management. South Beach on Washington Ave. Does that count for anything?

Man.... 11 pages and this thread hasn't devolved into a ****ing contest about fandom (despite a couple of attempts).

Give yourselves a round of applause.

Anyway, I'll play... behind enemy lines:

GT
BSBA '13
MSCS '18

Advertisement
Advertisement
I did - but I've always hated this question.

Dudes from other schools are always asking "but did you actually go there?" as a ****ish way of dismissing our fans.

I'll ride with anyone who's a Miami fan - and I could care less if they went there or not.
This was not a question to disenfranchise all the great fans who weren’t fortunate enough to go to the U. They are truly some of the greatest fans.

Advertisement
Must be amusing and entertaining for so many highly intelligent individuals in here to see the peasant community college dropout folks arguing over petty and immaterial topics. Lol.

Advertisement
Class of 2010, BSIE and MSIE
I came from humble beginnings, as well.... I was also a young fool who dreamt way too big, and wasn’t financially conscious till my first student loan bill. Between Sallie Mae, Navient, the federal govt, and private lenders....... I’m pretty sure I’m involved in some form of legalized involuntary indentured servitude. That’s on me, no regrets.

I think you’ve made a sound decision. I learned fiscal responsibility the umm “how not to live your life” way... You’re a cane at the end of the day in my book regardless of where you went to school or what your socioeconomic status is.

If the Foote Fellows program didn't exist, there's no way I would have been able to afford UMiami. I still had to wait tables and whatnot to pay for living expenses, but having a full tuition ride made it possible. That said, I have no beef with people who could have attended, but finances got in the way. Unless you get a ton of financial aid, and scholarships it can be a big time financial burden to attend The U.

Advertisement
Back