Whiteout for the UF game.

****ing whiteout it is you bunch of ******s! It's one simple request from the AD against are most hated rival who refuse to ever play us again because they are a bunch of pussies. It gives me a reason to go by a white Duke Jersey for the whole family. It will also be 80 percent canes fans there. You posters saying it will be more gator fans than hurricane fans are idiots.

You don't need to call people idiots without looking in the mirror first. I will wear the same throwback 12 Jim Kelly orange jersey I always wear. It will be a majority of Canes fans but don't be surprised about how many gator fans are there because we have been legendary in selling are tickets to opposing fans taking the easy money and sitting our lazy asses in front of TV being armchair QBs. Case in point 2003 Fiesta Bowl when Miami had 15,000 tickets and only about 7,000 of us showed up selling out to OSU. It has always been that way in Miami and always will.

how lucky has ur jim kelly orange been the last 10 years?

THIS IS WHERE LOYAL FANS MEET THE SOUTH BEACH FASHION POLICE....QUESTION, WERE YOU BORN BEFORE OR AFTER THE OB WAS LEVELED?....

FEEL FREE TO STOP BY FOR A COLD ONE....I'LL BE THE DUDE IN THE ORANGE #98 J. BROWN JERSEY (RIP).....WE CAN CHAT ABOUT OUR 5 "LUCKY" NATIONAL TITLES.....

I would think the fashion police are the one who refuse to wear anything but their beloved orange jersey...not the ones who don't give a **** about switching to a white shirt/jersey for a single game of the season against a hated rival.

OL' SCHOOL ALL DAY, HUNNY

Advertisement
They're asking for fan support, we should give them that. Jesus I would give my left nut to go to the game in a white Canes Jersey, and you ****es are complaining and wearing your orange. Our fan base needs to take a look in the mirror.

It's incredible man. It's also why a lot of football schools with real fanbases think ours is a joke. Like I said earlier, only the morons in our fanbase would complain about our AD wanting our fanbase to come together collectively against our most hated rival.

those other football schools are right in thinking our fan base is a joke. this thread is why

Everyone should just wear a white button up shirt and funky Orange / Green tie.

And for those who say we never wear white at home... ...I know we were not the designated home team in those Orange Bowl classic games in the 80s/90s but the team wore white back then in the OB.
Some of the best memories of my life as a kid.

Last edited:
****ing whiteout it is you bunch of ******s! It's one simple request from the AD against are most hated rival who refuse to ever play us again because they are a bunch of pussies. It gives me a reason to go by a white Duke Jersey for the whole family. It will also be 80 percent canes fans there. You posters saying it will be more gator fans than hurricane fans are idiots.

You don't need to call people idiots without looking in the mirror first. I will wear the same throwback 12 Jim Kelly orange jersey I always wear. It will be a majority of Canes fans but don't be surprised about how many gator fans are there because we have been legendary in selling are tickets to opposing fans taking the easy money and sitting our lazy asses in front of TV being armchair QBs. Case in point 2003 Fiesta Bowl when Miami had 15,000 tickets and only about 7,000 of us showed up selling out to OSU. It has always been that way in Miami and always will.

THIS IS WHERE LOYAL FANS MEET THE SOUTH BEACH FASHION POLICE....QUESTION, WERE YOU BORN BEFORE OR AFTER THE OB WAS LEVELED?....

FEEL FREE TO STOP BY FOR A COLD ONE..I'LL BE THE DUDE IN THE ORANGE #98 J. BROWN JERSEY (RIP)..WE CAN CHAT ABOUT OUR 5 "LUCKY" NATIONAL TITLES.....

A true loyal fan wears white at the request of the school, AD and coaches. You are what's called an entitled fan.

FEEL FREE TO STOP BY FOR A COLD ONE..I'LL BE THE DUDE IN THE ORANGE #98 J. BROWN JERSEY (RIP)..WE CAN CHAT ABOUT OUR 5 "LUCKY" NATIONAL TITLES.....

ur the one who is refusing to wear something ur AD is asking you to do for the sake of fan unity. an all white crowd looks good on tv especially since most of america is used to seeing plastic orange seats during canes games. how is wearing a white jersey being south beach fashion police moron. the AD is the one asking for us to wear white, not me or any poster here. ur the one who is refusing bc u have to wear orange which u can wear in a couple weeks against savannah state.

Advertisement

You're such a badass!

You're such a badass!

**** be the one yelling at everyone in front of him to sit down and stop cursing. i bet hes texted that number about unruly fans as well

ur the one who is refusing to wear something ur AD is asking you to do for the sake of fan unity. an all white crowd looks good on tv especially since most of america is used to seeing plastic orange seats during canes games. how is wearing a white jersey being south beach fashion police moron. the AD is the one asking for us to wear white, not me or any poster here. ur the one who is refusing bc u have to wear orange which u can wear in a couple weeks against savannah state.

U AND UR BOYFRIENDS WILL LOOK CUTE TOGETHER IN WHITE.....NEWB

U AND UR BOYFRIENDS WILL LOOK CUTE TOGETHER IN WHITE.....NEWB

lol calling ppls fandom out just bc we actually listen to the AD and help bring a home field advantage. im not a newb. ive been to many games in the OB, attended the U, as well. ull look cute wearing ur orange jersey in a sea of white.

Advertisement

You can bet your *** JB would wear white if he was coming!!!

AND U CAN BET UR *** JB WOULD WEAR WHATEVER THE **** HE WANTED TO ANYWAY.....

Before this thread gets locked due to mongoloidism, I'd like to point out the horrendous flaws in Paranos's "it's just math" argument.

He asserts that, since Son Life averages 56k fans per game and 1/3 of those are opposing fans, there will only be ~40k Canes fans at the UM-UF game. So even if you use his mathematically and logically insulting "argument," there will be more UM fans than UF fans.

My contention: There will be more than the season average of Hurricanes at the biggest home rivalry game in a decade. Canes fans can be fair weather. The upside of that is, when the going is good, we show. Granted, the upper decks will be packed with polos and Sperrys, but the overall tally will be in the good guys' favor. And that's it.

Before this thread gets locked due to mongoloidism, I'd like to point out the horrendous flaws in Paranos's "it's just math" argument.

He asserts that, since Son Life averages 56k fans per game and 1/3 of those are opposing fans, there will only be ~40k Canes fans at the UM-UF game. So even if you use his mathematically and logically insulting "argument," there will be more UM fans than UF fans.

My contention: There will be more than the season average of Hurricanes at the biggest home rivalry game in a decade. Canes fans can be fair weather. The upside of that is, when the going is good, we show. Granted, the upper decks will be packed with polos and Sperrys, but the overall tally will be in the good guys' favor. And that's it.

Tarps are off, and temporary Bowl game bleachers are being installed. I am guessing 77k fans of which 55k+ will be the good guys. UF will have about 20k-22k, which is a lot. I'm not sure their fans have bought into this team yet. **** they had over 10k empty seats at HOME this week vs. Toledo. Must have been a gun show in town or something.

Advertisement

Agreed. As a first-time young alumni season ticket holder that currently lives nowhere near south florida, I can tell you that a ton of people did what I did and bought season tickets this year just to see this game. My facebook newsfeed is full of friends (fellow alums) preparing to fly into Miami this week just to attend the game. They too bought season tickets, despite not living in the area. This is not going to be an 'average' game where UF will have the majority of fans. It will be more like Oklahoma or the Ohio State game - crazy tailgate and great atmosphere full of Canes fans. Obviously, UF will have more fans present than OU or OSU did, but they will certainly not be more than 20% of the crowd.

And as an aside, it blows my mind that fans refuse to wear white. Fortunately, the people on this message board that refuse to wear white are the minority - the majority of people who hear it is a white out will in fact where white.

I am going to look at this from a Public Relations perspective and I think more UF fans bought tickets then Miami fans and in order to not visually look bad they are probably doing this to have people blend in together. Very similar to the way the athletic department rearranged seating sections to give the appearance from the TV Camera perspective that there are more people at the game.

UM has never worn white at home and would not change this tradion especially against UF. Now the crowd thing is a different story. Also having to wear white UM gear means people we have to go out and purchase new apparel also a benefit to UM licensing revenue. But again this speculation about why the white out.

Go Canes

Lol so there is 45,000 Mia fans at a fau game, but uf bought more tixs?

So your saying FAU brought 6000 fans to play UM, your nuts there were alot of FAU fans at the GAME. An being realistic It will be 50 to 60% gator fans next Sat. Sunlife holds 76,100 seats and UM averages 56k total fans at a game.

http://www.stateoftheu.com/2012/9/17/3346228/miami-hurricanes-attendance-the-bottom-line

An I would say 1/3 are opponent fans so that leaves roughly 37k UM fans at our games where as UF averaged 90k fans mind you the swamps capacity is 88.6k
http://www.gatorzone.com/facilities/?venue=swamp

So yeah they will have more UF fans at the game then UM fans its math there are simply more of them and they travel well as a fan base especially instate.

Look at the end of the day the white out request makes little sense other then to sell more apparel. Otherwise do what other schools do put white oversized t-shirts under every seat for fans to wear or hand them out at the gate.

Have you ever been to a um game? There has never in my 10yrs of attending been more opponets fans. I don't expect it sat. Come down from jersey and join us. There are no bears in Mia.

Numbers don't lie and your delusional if you don't think UM has been out numbered at home for a game before. I proved hard numbers and sources, you provide what in response ?

Back to the OP , the AD's request for a whiteout seems to have ulterior motives.

That is all.

Go Canes

I've been going to Miami games since 1984. Last time Miami an opposing team had an equal (not outnumbering) number of fans was 1985 Florida. 1987 Florida was close, but there were more Miami fans. Stop talking out of your ***.

Seriously just kill yourself if you've already decided that you're not going to wear white on Saturday.

Advertisement
I am 100% all for us wearing storm troopers when it's going to be 1 million degrees inside son life. We wore white at home against Ark St. in the 90's.

To be fair, we wore white for that game because the equipment staff messed up and washed our white pants with our orange jerseys and stained them. True story.

The school/AD is asking you to wear white. Stop being a d-bag and just wear white. How hard is it? Wear your beloved orange jersey for the other 6 games. Every other fanbase can do, why can't we? What the **** are you trying to prove? Are you going to hurt your jersey's feelings? It's our biggest game in 10 years against a team that will play us in Miami once every 10-20 freakin years. JUST ******* DO IT.

Seriously, why can't Miami fans figure out that this is college football and not the NFL. ******* jerseys and piped in rap music for everyone!

The school/AD is asking you to wear white. Stop being a d-bag and just wear white. How hard is it? Wear your beloved orange jersey for the other 6 games. Every other fanbase can do, why can't we?

Seriously, why can't Miami fans figure out that this is college football and not the NFL. ****ing jerseys and piped in rap music for everyone!

just look at who is saying they won't wear white, does it really surprise you?

Advertisement
Back