Whiteout for the UF game.

I am going to look at this from a Public Relations perspective and I think more UF fans bought tickets then Miami fans and in order to not visually look bad they are probably doing this to have people blend in together. Very similar to the way the athletic department rearranged seating sections to give the appearance from the TV Camera perspective that there are more people at the game.

UM has never worn white at home and would not change this tradion especially against UF. Now the crowd thing is a different story. Also having to wear white UM gear means people we have to go out and purchase new apparel also a benefit to UM licensing revenue. But again this speculation about why the white out.

Go Canes

Lol so there is 45,000 Mia fans at a fau game, but uf bought more tixs?

Advertisement
I am going to look at this from a Public Relations perspective and I think more UF fans bought tickets then Miami fans and in order to not visually look bad they are probably doing this to have people blend in together. Very similar to the way the athletic department rearranged seating sections to give the appearance from the TV Camera perspective that there are more people at the game.

UM has never worn white at home and would not change this tradion especially against UF. Now the crowd thing is a different story. Also having to wear white UM gear means people we have to go out and purchase new apparel also a benefit to UM licensing revenue. But again this speculation about why the white out.

Go Canes

Stick to looking for obscure DTs.

what will you be wearing to the game

668.jpg

Every game fans are asked to wear Orange and is never executed correctly. Now the AD is asking us to wear white? Good luck with that. I always wear Orange at games since that is our home and main color.

At least you go to the games...but you still ****ing suck.

Right, been a season ticket holder my entire life, never miss a game, I actually show up on time, I practically lose my voice nearly every game, but I "suck." What's the point on wearing white when I KNOW no one else is going to do it? This isn't quite like the Miami Heat fan base where everyone (as I did) does it during the playoffs.

Every game fans are asked to wear Orange and is never executed correctly. Now the AD is asking us to wear white? Good luck with that. I always wear Orange at games since that is our home and main color.

At least you go to the games...but you still ****ing suck.

Right, been a season ticket holder my entire life, never miss a game, I actually show up on time, I practically lose my voice nearly every game, but I "suck." What's the point on wearing white when I KNOW no one else is going to do it? This isn't quite like the Miami Heat fan base where everyone (as I did) does it during the playoffs.

Thats all fine and ****** dandy, but you will still suck just as much as the oranged-out wiggers around you if you dont at least try. I will be there...best be **** sure in all white. I'll have the wife triple bleach my white Canes gear if I have to...

Advertisement
Man I'm ****ed I can't come down for the game. If you can't afford a white T PM me some info and I'll mail y'all some clean white T's in your size just to make the A.D.s request become reality. That would be dope just like the heat games. Imagine a white out Canes game! Let's go.

That white you wore for the heat game....you can wear it again......shhhhhh

Don't worry....we won't tell the fashion police

Advertisement

Go Canes

So your saying FAU brought 6000 fans to play UM, your nuts there were alot of FAU fans at the GAME. An being realistic It will be 50 to 60% gator fans next Sat. Sunlife holds 76,100 seats and UM averages 56k total fans at a game.

http://www.stateoftheu.com/2012/9/17/3346228/miami-hurricanes-attendance-the-bottom-line

An I would say 1/3 are opponent fans so that leaves roughly 37k UM fans at our games where as UF averaged 90k fans mind you the swamps capacity is 88.6k
http://www.gatorzone.com/facilities/?venue=swamp

So yeah they will have more UF fans at the game then UM fans its math there are simply more of them and they travel well as a fan base especially instate.

Look at the end of the day the white out request makes little sense other then to sell more apparel. Otherwise do what other schools do put white oversized t-shirts under every seat for fans to wear or hand them out at the gate.

Go Canes

So your saying FAU brought 6000 fans to play UM, your nuts there were alot of FAU fans at the GAME. An being realistic It will be 50 to 60% gator fans next Sat. Sunlife holds 76,100 seats and UM averages 56k total fans at a game.

http://www.stateoftheu.com/2012/9/17/3346228/miami-hurricanes-attendance-the-bottom-line

An I would say 1/3 are opponent fans so that leaves roughly 37k UM fans at our games where as UF averaged 90k fans mind you the swamps capacity is 88.6k

So yeah they will have more UF fans at the game then UM fans its math there are simply more of them and they travel well as a fan base especially instate.

Look at the end of the day the white out request makes little sense other then to sell more apparel. Otherwise do what other schools do put white oversized t-shirts under every seat for fans to wear or hand them out at the gate.

I'm being realistic when I say your posts in this thread are idiotic.

Go Canes

Have you ever been to a um game? There has never in my 10yrs of attending been more opponets fans. I don't expect it sat. Come down from jersey and join us. There are no bears in Mia.

Go Canes

Have you ever been to a um game? There has never in my 10yrs of attending been more opponets fans. I don't expect it sat. Come down from jersey and join us. There are no bears in Mia.

Numbers don't lie and your delusional if you don't think UM has been out numbered at home for a game before. I proved hard numbers and sources, you provide what in response ?

Back to the OP , the AD's request for a whiteout seems to have ulterior motives.

That is all.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am 100% all for us wearing storm troopers when it's going to be 1 million degrees inside son life. We wore white at home against Ark St. in the 90's.

Go Canes

We had about 50,000 yesterday for FAU and you think UF fans got more tickets than we did? GTFO out of here with that bs.

Advertisement
This thread and the logic in it could melt brains I tell ya.
Why would you not just wear white?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not wearing white after Labor Day.

I'm a Canes fan, not a savage.

If I don't get to be at the game, can I complain about people complaining about either side of this argument? Because you are going to be at the game, and you're worrying about what to wear, and additionally what other Canes fans are going to wear. Just be loud, that's the home field effect. Bring a white vevuzela.

Advertisement
Back