Whiner Nick Saban & SEC Media Days

I don’t understand how these bowls make a profit. I guess they are getting such large sums of cash by the advertiser and ESPN. The stadiums are pretty much empty for all games played the first couple of weeks. I would say 90% of the bowls gets less than 70% capacity on attendance.

Being in random locations doesn’t help either. And despite most of the being awful I love that there are 97 bowl games now. Bowl week is non stop betting on teams you’ve never seen before and wild endings. It’s incredible to watch. Plus these kids in the terrible bowls don’t sit out.

Advertisement
Right, but as you said previously, no player isn't going to report that contact. Further, there has to be an element of credibility to their offer. People won't drop bags on speculation.

I'm just saying the last thing on anyone's mind is punishment. There's too much risk in the process long before we get to consequences after the fact.

Kids are making first contact with these possible transfers. You are naive if you don’t think members of opposing teams don’t hit up their coach and say we’re gonna get whoever to transfer in and that coach is like go get them, before they officially hit the portal. It’s happening right before everybody’s eyes on social media. Gonna be almost impossible to prove any sort of collusion or tampering when it can be played off as just messing around with your boy

Kids are making first contact with these possible transfers. You are naive if you don’t think members of opposing teams don’t hit up their coach and say we’re gonna get whoever to transfer in and that coach is like go get them, before they officially hit the portal. It’s happening right before everybody’s eyes on social media. Gonna be almost impossible to prove any sort of collusion or tampering when it can be played off as just messing around with your boy
Yup, but coaches are smart enough to stay out of it.

Yeah, I'm sure that kind of thing is already happening at least a little, The thing is, the bag schools aren't taking transfers, they're losing them. The portal just makes it tougher to hoard talent.

OU just took a transfer and they are a bag school. It is not as common, but it happens. OSU too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back