Whiner Nick Saban & SEC Media Days

the storm

Banned Under CIS Martial Law until 11/5/20
Harping on NCAA addressing transfers.....Has no problem with the transfer portal BUT does have a problem with any player being immediately eligible thinks ALL players should sit out a year when transferring. What a pompous *** as he continues to sign all 4 & 5* players but doesn't want to see anyone else have any extra eligibility benefits. (Hurtts & Martell seem to be sticking in some coaches' craw)....

:neonu::11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Advertisement
Harping on NCAA addressing transfers.....Has no problem with the transfer portal BUT does have a problem with any player being immediately eligible thinks ALL players should sit out a year when transferring. What a pompous *** as he continues to sign all 4 & 5* players but doesn't want to see anyone else have any extra eligibility benefits. (Hurtts & Martell seem to be sticking in some coaches' craw)....

:neonu::11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Of course he wants players to sit a year. That’s always going to help the team that’s overloaded with four and five stars, which is much more likely to have a player leave than to bring one in. He also doesn’t want it to be made easier for players to leave his team.

I mean I get it, he’s going to advocate for the things that help his team more than help other teams. But that’s how you have to take his statements.

It’s not something he is saying out of the goodness of his heart for the good of football in general, although that’s what he wants you to think.

Saban is a pure hypocrite. He wants you to think that he’s advocating for these things for the good of the game, he is not. And he insults our intelligence because he expects us to believe that.

I don’t care if he’s advocating for something that’s for the good of Alabama only which is exactly what he’s doing now.

But it’s insulting that he expects other people to believe that what he’s advocating for is good for everybody

Nick Saban only advocates for things that are good for Nick Saban.

Last edited:
Context....

I hate Nick like the next man, but he was really griping on the state of the young player in general. He said the CFP has unknowingly watered down the importance of bowl games. Felt kids in yesteryear were juiced to play in bowl games, but now, if they are not competing in the CFP, they look at all bowl games like it's not important. He doesn't like the current state or mind frame of these kids, in so many words; from sitting out bowl games, transferring and expecting to play immediately, etc. I actually agreed w/ him and maybe that's b/c I'm more of a sports traditionalist.

Context....

I hate Nick like the next man, but he was really griping on the state of the young player in general. He said the CFP has unknowingly watered down the importance of bowl games. Felt kids in yesteryear were juiced to play in bowl games, but now, if they are not competing in the CFP, they look at all bowl games like it's not important. He doesn't like the current state or mind frame of these kids, in so many words; from sitting out bowl games, transferring and expecting to play immediately, etc. I actually agreed w/ him and maybe that's b/c I'm more of a sports traditionalist.
Maybe kids would be more excited if they felt they actually had a shot at the playoffs, instead of those spots going to the same few teams every year. The same few teams that are allowed to buy the best players possible. Teams like Alabama.

Advertisement
The portal helps negate the Foundation. Alabama pays $3M to $5M for its recruiting class. They do not want the second or third string to depart after one year in the program. Alabama treats all of its recruits like 5-stars, but these recruits arrive on campus and realize that there are 85 players total and only 22 positions..... The recruits already have the money and they are no longer special with 1-3 players ahead of them on the depth chart.............

Also, Tuscaloosa is a junkyard compared to Miami. Players "want out" as soon as possible.

Saban and the SEC will kill the portal because it helps Miami immensely. Miami can determine its needs after the season and poach the disgruntled 5-stars that desperately want to depart KKK land!

The portal helps negate the Foundation. Alabama pays $3M to $5M for its recruiting class. They do not want the second or third string to depart after one year in the program. Alabama treats all of its recruits like 5-stars, but these recruits arrive on campus and realize that there are 85 players total and only 22 positions..... The recruits already have the money and they are no longer special with 1-3 players ahead of them on the depth chart.............

Also, Tuscaloosa is a junkyard compared to Miami. Players "want out" as soon as possible.

Saban and the SEC will kill the portal because it helps Miami immensely. Miami can determine its needs after the season and poach the disgruntled 5-stars that desperately want to depart KKK land!
Yep, they hate the portal. Just like they hated Miami having easy access to local recruits. I'll go to my grave believing the NCAA did their extended witch hunt to hurt us and help others. Alabama, specifically.

Naw what’s funny is bama players trying to say uga was the hardest team they played all year despite getting whipped even worse by Clemson. Clemson players wasn’t having none of that at media day today either and called them out

Advertisement
Maybe kids would be more excited if they felt they actually had a shot at the playoffs, instead of those spots going to the same few teams every year. The same few teams that are allowed to buy the best players possible. Teams like Alabama.

Facts; which is why they need to expand the playoffs from 4 to 8. Still allow the NY6 bowls to rotate, reduce the reg season games to 10-11 games per year w/ one conference championship game (thus eliminating loading a schedule w/ 3 non-P5 schools).
Power 5 conference champions should get automatic bids, and the next 3 in should get in based upon that season's body of work and SOS.

All other bowl games that are used for P5 programs should be used as one of determining factor in AP/Coaches' team rankings. Just my opinion on this matter.

Context....

Of course he’s going to say a bunch of stuff that most people will agree with but the Tootsie Roll in the middle is transfers. That’s what affects him the most.

He’s cornered the market for five stars and four stars. Nothing is going to stop him continuing getting those.

So what is the major threat for him? Easy transfers.

Trust me the guy is not stupid - he couched his big concern among other more generally acceptable concerns.

If I read him right, Saban only cares about one thing. Nick Saban and what furthers his goals. He’s not some ambassador for the game of college football.

He’s a bald naked liar out for his own interests. Why isn’t he concerned about under the table six figure salaries being paid to his players?

Facts; which is why they need to expand the playoffs from 4 to 8. Still allow the NY6 bowls to rotate, reduce the reg season games to 10-11 games per year w/ one conference championship game (thus eliminating loading a schedule w/ 3 non-P5 schools).
Power 5 conference champions should get automatic bids, and the next 3 in should get in based upon that season's body of work and SOS.

All other bowl games that are used for P5 programs should be used as one of determining factor in AP/Coaches' team rankings. Just my opinion on this matter.
I had actually written more, but deleted it. I love the idea of more playoff teams. Heck, even 16 would be nice. Rotate the bowls and generate a TON of excitement. Imagine if nearly half the bowls were tied into the playoffs. We ALL would watch nearly every game.

Advertisement
Yep, they hate the portal. Just like they hated Miami having easy access to local recruits. I'll go to my grave believing the NCAA did their extended witch hunt to hurt us and help others. Alabama, specifically.

Remember, Saban worked down here for a couple of years and saw the Miami shlt show up close, and realized with his partner-in-crime going to be heading the NCAA that he could build a dynasty with great recruiting and that included cherry picking south Florida - all of his master plan.

In addition to a really good coach, the guy is a great planner and executor. He didn’t leave the dolphins without a plan in mind. A will developed plan.

Context....

I can respect the tradition of bowl games, but they have no one to blame but themselves. In their attempt to preserve the status quo for decades, they have ended only with making 3 bowls relevant...2 playoffs and Natty contest.

Every other bowl is an also ran and after thought.

Of course the best athletes are going to sit out or mail it in for nothing more than glorified scrimmages--CFB's version of the pro bowl.

Expand the playoffs, but not nearly all the bowls can be "saved".

Advertisement
Ahhh, I knew I screen shot this earlier for some reason

I forgot to screenshot the funny part so I looked for it again

Completely okay for coaches to bounce from one school to another without any consequence though!

And let's not talk about the fuqqing "free agency" bull$hit when the $EC has turned recruiting into JUST THAT

Of course he’s going to say a bunch of stuff that most people will agree with but the Tootsie Roll in the middle is transfers. That’s what affects him the most.

He’s cornered the market for five stars and four stars. Nothing is going to stop him continuing getting those.

So what is the major threat for him? Easy transfers.

Trust me the guy is not stupid - he couched his big concern among other more generally acceptable concerns.

If I read him right, Saban only cares about one thing. Nick Saban and what furthers his goals. He’s not some ambassador for the game of college football.

He’s a bald naked liar out for his own interests. Why isn’t he concerned about under the table six figure salaries being paid to his players?
THIS THIS and THIS.... you nailed it.

Context....

He's right.

This **** sucks now

Advertisement
Back