Wherein I explain why I'm still a slurper

My solution is to let the season play out and not be the Seminoles and fire a ****** coach and hire another ****** coach creating an even big **** show.

Let Manny do his thing and if there isn't improvement then hopefully Blake and Manny are ****canned.
What if you fire a ****** coach but hire a good coach? You can’t make managerial decisions in fear of ******* up again. Every hire in every industry at every level has a risk of not working out, but you can’t waste time praying for a miracle that an under-performer turns it around years in.

Advertisement
What if you fire a ****** coach but hire a good coach? You can’t make managerial decisions in fear of ******* up again. Every hire in every industry at every level has a risk of not working out, but you can’t waste time praying for a miracle that an under-performer turns it around years in.
Do you honestly think that there is any chance Manny is being fired this year? If not, why not spend the season hoping for improvements and rooting for the team to win and build momentum. If you think Manny should be fired now I really don't think you have any grasp on reality.

Wait to see what happens and if by seasons end we have nothing to build off of then a change can be made at the AD and HC positions.

Do you honestly think that there is any chance Manny is being fired this year? If not, why not spend the season hoping for improvements and rooting for the team to win and build momentum. If you think Manny should be fired now I really don't think you have any grasp on reality.

Wait to see what happens and if by seasons end we have nothing to build off of then a change can be made at the AD and HC positions.
I’ve said from the get go I would take a wait and see approach with Manny. So far, the results are mixed at best

Fact of the matter is , unless we back up a Brinks truck to a potential HC’s house, who would take this job that can actually transform the program?

Unless there’s an absolute blow out loss, firing the HC during the season is asinine.

A few things. One, I have said repeatedly that the best thing for everyone is Manny figuring it out. That is what I want more than anything for a whole host of reasons… recruiting, it means we are winning, financially, not spending time tearing it down again. I am never going to cheer for us to lose. I want us to win out and Manny to develop and very much am waiting to see what happens through the year. Even moreso, if a change is needed then I do not want Blake James and his stupid mug anywhere near the interviews or decision making process.

Having said that, I will comment and raise concerns throughout the season when we play like we did yesterday. I’ll also be happy to say we are clearly improving in XYZ as that happens. But the reality is, despite his best efforts to make changes and build a team in his vision, he is falling short in most ways. I don’t know whether BJ will incriminate himself and fire Diaz, but I know a poorly coached team when I see it.

My solution is to let the season play out and not be the Seminoles and fire a ****** coach and hire another ****** coach creating an even big **** show.

Let Manny do his thing and if there isn't improvement then hopefully Blake and Manny are ****canned.
So you advise for them to be fired in year 3 if they don’t perform even though you said earlier it never works out to fire coaches and replace them every 3 years....got it I guess. I agree firing him before the end of the year is premature....unless a hot coaching candidate is available. But baring some miracle, this Miami team that struggles against G-5 teams and gets annihilated against good teams is what we are gonna get this year, just like his first two.

Advertisement
The biggest thing for me is just the overall lack of focus and execution this team shows every single week under Manny.

I understand offenses will sometimes have off games. I understand defenses will sometimes have off games. Same with special teams. I understand sometimes you need ugly wins against inferior teams. Totally agreed this happens to everyone. Yes even Bama.

But we continue to have issues with penalties. We continue to look ill prepared game after game. We continue to have lapses in focus. We continue to see players making the same mistakes (WRs dropping balls, LBs not being able to tackle).

This is all coaching. And makes me believe Manny will never figure it out regardless of the transfers he gets and/or coaching talent he convinces to join him.
He was given a chance by most of us. Deal is he's running out of rope.....

Yeah real UM fans like you know we should all root for Pitt!
touche GIF

He was given a chance by most of us. Deal is he's running out of rope.....
This is exactly it. Everyone was willing to give him the chance. Picked a ****** OC, fixed it. Defense went sour under Baker, replace him and a few key people. Recruited better, great job with portal. It's year 3. It's time to stop having these types of games. No more excuses

Advertisement
We're 0-4 in that department......

Definitely unrealistic to pull the plug now but he's made it harder on himself for that end of season evaluation.....

This is exactly it. Everyone was willing to give him the chance. Picked a ****** OC, fixed it. Defense went sour under Baker, replace him and a few key people. Recruited better, great job with portal. It's year 3. It's time to stop having these types of games. No more excuses
As the febreeze wears off the new OC pick and Bakers replacement are gaining a slight stench...

We're 0-4 in that department......
Yes, yes we are. Hiring the right coach is hard but even that defies the law of averages. I can tell you that not interviewing anyone and making a decision in six hours doesn’t help your chances of being right.

Advertisement
Yes, yes we are. Hiring the right coach is hard but even that defies the law of averages. I can tell you that not interviewing anyone and making a decision in six hours doesn’t help your chances of being right.
With the Luigi love fest yesterday. This is apparently obvious. Both Richt and Cpt. Croqueta's hiring was not done buy a professional...

So you advise for them to be fired in year 3 if they don’t perform even though you said earlier it never works out to fire coaches and replace them every 3 years....got it I guess. I agree firing him before the end of the year is premature....unless a hot coaching candidate is available. But baring some miracle, this Miami team that struggles against G-5 teams and gets annihilated against good teams is what we are gonna get this year, just like his first two.
If we lose 5-6 games this season like half the knuckleheads in here think is going to happen then both should be ****canned after the season.

Realistically an improvement would be to finish with 3 or less losses in the regular season and maintain/improve upon what has been happening in recruiting. 4 regular season losses and showing signs of life probably gets him another year as well.

Manny has at least shown he will TRY to address changes in the offseason unlike most coaches.

You urged Paul Dee to fire Butch!? Welcome to ignore.
Yes. You may recall, the two years before he dumped us 10 days before National Signing Day, he flirted with the NFL and was rumored to have secretly interviewed with two teams. In his third year at Miami he LOST 6 games and was under .500. In the 4th year he lost 3 games and in the 5th year he lost 4 games. He lost to East Carolin, VT and FSU. Everyone points to his last year where he lost one game As why he was “great”. But, the truth is that he was looking to leave, was at best an average game day coach. To me DISLOYALTY is a serious matter. Butch was a good coach and a very good evaluator of talent. But, at that point Miami deserved better. So ignore away.

Oh and by the way, having the AD on speed dial is not something that every fan can say.

Advertisement
Yes. You may recall, the two years before he dumped us 10 days before National Signing Day, he flirted with the NFL and was rumored to have secretly interviewed with two teams. In his third year at Miami he LOST 6 games and was under .500. In the 4th year he lost 3 games and in the 5th year he lost 4 games. He lost to East Carolin, VT and FSU. Everyone points to his last year where he lost one game As why he was “great”. But, the truth is that he was looking to leave, was at best an average game day coach. To me DISLOYALTY is a serious matter. Butch was a good coach and a very good evaluator of talent. But, at that point Miami deserved better. So ignore away.

Oh and by the way, having the AD on speed dial is not something that every fan can say.
If you still have that luxury, tell Blake he needs to get his sht right and hire the best coaches, not the ones that fall in his lap.

Missed most of the game yesterday because my mom fell and I had to drive up from our place in the Keys.

What I did see late was pretty uninspired. We seem to have regressed offensively and defensively we again had issues getting off the field on 3rd down.

Overall I agree with your premise. Put a mix of teams 10-40 on the field and anyone can beat anyone. We’re one of those teams.

Relieved not happy with the win. We’ll see what Michigan State brings.
How’s your mom doing?

If you still have that luxury, tell Blake he needs to get his sht right and hire the best coaches, not the ones that fall in his lap.
Blake is a different cat. He doesn’t talk to me. He has peeps for that………..

Advertisement
Back