Wherein I explain why I'm still a slurper

Advertisement
4. If we get blown out by Michigan State, maybe I'll change my mind. If we beat Michigan State by one point, I'll be happy. Just win.

Just a loss is not enough for you to change your mind? Do we have to be blown out? You're diehard Manny's man I see.
Michigan State is ranked 26th I believe per ESPN. App State is around 29th. That's ahead of most of the teams in the coastal for sure. The first three games this season are actually very very tough.

No, I'm looking forward to a win next weekend. I'm looking for improvement. They should be able to win this game at home, but sometimes **** happens in sports. Blocked field goals, long returns, whatever.

I don't live and die for sporting results for teenagers, I don't believe in changes for change sake, I think coaching is incredibly overrated and it's almost always talent that wins out over a large sample size. So as long as he can recruit, which is obviously partially dependent on results on the field, I always vote in favor of stability.

I'm still expecting a 10 win season and a coastal champ. If I'm wrong, I'll be disappointed but I'll live.

Michigan State is ranked 26th I believe per ESPN. App State is around 29th. That's ahead of most of the teams in the coastal for sure. The first three games this season are actually very very tough.

No, I'm looking forward to a win next weekend. I'm looking for improvement. They should be able to win this game at home, but sometimes **** happens in sports. Blocked field goals, long returns, whatever.

I don't live and die for sporting results for teenagers, I don't believe in changes for change sake, I think coaching is incredibly overrated and it's almost always talent that wins out over a large sample size. So as long as he can recruit, which is obviously partially dependent on results on the field, I always vote in favor of stability.

I'm still expecting a 10 win season and a coastal champ. If I'm wrong, I'll be disappointed but I'll live.
I don't think any of us thinking Manny is not a good coach will die if he stays or if he loses the rest of the season. Most of us have good lives outside football and............sport, believe it or not is only entertainment. But that doesn't mean we should accept mediocrity from the coach of the team we support.

When he retired he was the winningest active coach and he had about six or seven conference championships. Not bad for a place where it is hard to recruit. You put him at Miami and those seven conference championships turn into national championships ... But no, let's fire coaches every two and three years and see if that's a way to build a program.

I'll keep posting. I'm a Miami fan. If he's loses games to teams he should not, maybe I'll change my mind. You are allowed to change your mind, you understand?
I'm going to keep an eye on recruiting as well.
Exactly.

Apparently its much better to incessantly ***** for weeks on end than to just let the season play out and see where things end up. Posters think they get extra credit points for being the first to jump off the bandwagon. There are numerous weak spots and faults within the program but other than Satan/Tressel/Stoops how many programs have gotten a lot better firing coach after coach after coach rather than trying for some stability and continuity.

1. We still had a better team than gt, duke, fiu and la tech in 2019 so giving him a pass for four losses against clearly inferior teams is hilarious
2. there is no Improvement from last year to this year. That’s the point of everyone who is sick of manny
1. **** qb play and no kicker will negate even the largest of talent advantages
2. Let's see how next week goes. I think we will be lucky to squeak a win with how we have played so far. Definitely think it is more likely this team has regressed vs improved but it is too early to say that definitively.

Advertisement
1. apply that thinking to anything else in life. School, work, etc. Turning something in and being happy its greater than terrible would get you fired. You wouldn't be ok with getting a half assed pizza. But a half *** win? Thats ok.

At some point YOU have to have standards or yesterday is what you'll always get.

2. App State is a Sunbelt team, thats only been in the FBS since 2014. They're "not that bad" for a sunbelt team with 6 seasons in the FBS. The flip side is Miami is not that good.

3. Everyone else sucks, so its ok if my team plays poorly every week.

We'll lose to one of the teams you JUST said were ***. What will the excuse be then? Smh.. Lashlee because its never Diaz.

4. If we lose to Michigan State, you won't change your mind. Nobody is starting a thread admitting to being a slurper and changing their mind over losing to Michigan St. You'll have another excuse next week about Mich St being 3-0 and "not that bad."

If losing to FIU didn't change your mind, Mich St won't either.

5. "I don't know why our fourth and fifth year players are not better."

Because by your own admission YOU ARE A SLUPER.

Who is responsible for the:
"Bad development"
"bad scouting"
"bad culture"

There's this one guy in charge of those things.. Whats his name again? Because you didn't say it once. Like it'll hurt your precious pride to just admit that the guy is in over his head. Thats how ridiculous this is. You can't find someone to be the scapegoat because these things are Manny's responsibility. So instead of just admitting that its Manny, you act like you can't figure it out.

Exactly.

Apparently its much better to incessantly ***** for weeks on end than to just let the season play out and see where things end up. Posters think they get extra credit points for being the first to jump off the bandwagon. There are numerous weak spots and faults within the program but other than Satan/Tressel/Stoops how many programs have gotten a lot better firing coach after coach after coach rather than trying for some stability and continuity.
Our coach is not coaching fundamentals. Because of this we are very fundamentally unsound. Anyone with an ounce of football experience knows that a fundamentally unsound football team will never win the majority of its games.
Coaching is the most important decision a football program can make. Head Coaches establish the culture and expectations of the program. Bama stunk until Saban arrived and changed the culture. App State was very inferiorly talented team yesterday. The talent gap is extremely wide between us and them. But it did not look it. Why? They have better coaches and are a fundamentally sound football team. They tackle well, block well, cover well etc. Now, all teams make mistakes. But considering the talent advantage we had, they over achieved. But when you look at their coaching vs ours, it is obvious why the game was 50/50 roll of the coin in who would win.

1. apply that thinking to anything else in life. School, work, etc. Turning something in and being happy its greater than terrible would get you fired. You wouldn't be ok with getting a half assed pizza. But a half *** win? Thats ok.

At some point YOU have to have standards or yesterday is what you'll always get.

2. App State is a Sunbelt team, thats only been in the FBS since 2014. They're "not that bad" for a sunbelt team with 6 seasons in the FBS. The flip side is Miami is not that good.

We'll lose to one of the teams you JUST said were ***. What will the excuse be then? Smh.. Lashlee because its never Diaz.

4. If we lose to Michigan State, you won't change your mind. Nobody is starting a thread admitting to being a slurper and changing their mind over losing to Michigan St. You'll have another excuse next week about Mich St being 3-0 and "not that bad."

"Bad development"
"bad scouting"
"bad culture"

There's this one guy in charge of those things.. Whats his name again? Because you didn't say it once. Like it'll hurt your precious pride to just admit that the guy is in over his head. Thats how ridiculous this is. You can't find someone to be the scapegoat because these things are Manny's responsibility. So instead of just admitting that its Manny, you act like you can't figure it out.
Never could imagine trying so hard to defend someone making millions of dollars a year to fail at their job.

Never could imagine trying so hard to defend someone making millions of dollars a year to fail at their job.
Right?! Its the playing dumb that gets me. I can't figure out why we don't do the basics like catch and tackle, or why we have a poor culture. Its ALMOST like there's someone in charge of all this, but I can't figure out who it is.

Lol.. the fck?

Advertisement
Our coach is not coaching fundamentals. Because of this we are very fundamentally unsound. Anyone with an ounce of football experience knows that a fundamentally unsound football team will never win the majority of its games.
Coaching is the most important decision a football program can make. Head Coaches establish the culture and expectations of the program. Bama stunk until Saban arrived and changed the culture. App State was very inferiorly talented team yesterday. The talent gap is extremely wide between us and them. But it did not look it. Why? They have better coaches and are a fundamentally sound football team. They tackle well, block well, cover well etc. Now, all teams make mistakes. But considering the talent advantage we had, they over achieved. But when you look at their coaching vs ours, it is obvious why the game was 50/50 roll of the coin in who would win.
Amazing insight. Now address what I said in my post instead of rambling on about nothing.

How has coaching turnover worked for virtually every other team that has changed coaches every 2-4 years not named Bama/OU/OSU?

1. I know we are college football fans, so by definition we are irrational and emotional, but I'm not going to ever be completely unhappy with a win. F style points, just give me the W. I'm not saying we are even a good team, but big programs lose games to s***** teams every year. This weekend Notre Dame almost lost, Texas lost to a horrible Arkansas team, Florida State lost, etc.

2. App State is not that bad. They played ECU much better than South Carolina played them for what's that's worth, and their transfers were legit athletes. The return man was super fast and their linebackers were legit. There's a reason it was a seven point spread. But for the ridiculous 100 yard return, people would be complaining but not to this level.

3. The ACC is ***. Nothing has happened in these first two games that leads me to think we still aren't the favorite for the coastal. Certainly not worse than a co-favorite.

4. If we get blown out by Michigan State, maybe I'll change my mind. If we beat Michigan State by one point, I'll be happy. Just win.

5. I don't know why our fourth and fifth year players are not better. Bad development, bad scouting, bad culture. But luckily our transfers are legit. King had a bad game. But he's had enough good games over many years to make me believe he's better than he played today. The rest of the season will tell the tale.
You gotta know when to fold them. Manure isn't it... stop making excuses.

"Bad development"
"bad scouting"
"bad culture"

You need some new hobbies. Maybe try that Japanese thing with the little trees.

Advertisement
Amazing insight. Now address what I said in my post instead of rambling on about nothing.

How has coaching turnover worked for virtually every other team that has changed coaches every 2-4 years not named Bama/OU/OSU?
North Carolina became instantly a better team as soon as Mack Brown took over for Fedora. Are they world beaters? Of course not. They make mistakes and have off games. They don’t have the talent in all areas. But fundamentally they are a much more sound football team than we are. It shows when they can come into our house and play us for the Coastal...and beat the brakes off of us in year two of Mack Brown vs year 2 of Manny Diaz.

North Carolina became instantly a better team as soon as Mack Brown took over for Fedora. Are they world beaters? Of course not. They make mistakes and have off games. They don’t have the talent in all areas. But fundamentally they are a much more sound football team than we are. It shows when they can come into our house and play us for the Coastal...and beat the brakes off of us in year two of Mack Brown vs year 2 of Manny Diaz.
Again you can't answer the question w/o going off on tangents.

That isn't a good example for your cause but even if you get credit for that tell me about how those constant coaching changes have worked so well for everyone else. For everyone one you come up with I can name three. Its a losing proposition for you.

Advertisement
Again you can't answer the question w/o going off on tangents.

That isn't a good example for your cause but even if you get credit for that tell me about how those constant coaching changes have worked so well for everyone else. For everyone one you come up with I can name three. Its a losing proposition for you.
So tell me what your solution is? Because once the two year luster wears off acquiring better talent requires winning games and paying players. It requires both. So what do we do? Keep a poor coach and his assistants and hope they learn how to properly coach? How many times does that workout? What is your solution?

Exactly.

Making a change for the sake of making a change is not good, but not making a change for the sake of not making a change is not any better. What helps that cycle from breaking is a qualified AD choosing the next coach and actually doing a modicum of due diligence and interviewing some people.

Forget the Bama game. I agree every team has bad weeks, but under Manny it has happened way too much and against way too many teams with less talent. It’s a recurring theme at this point and it doesn’t seem to be reversing. I asked your friend in this thread the same question and he couldn’t answer, so maybe you can… what exactly have you seen that makes you think Manny is the guy?

So tell me what your solution is? Because once the two year luster wears off acquiring better talent requires winning games and paying players. It requires both. So what do we do? Keep a poor coach and his assistants and hope they learn how to properly coach? How many times does that workout? What is your solution?
My solution is to let the season play out and not be the Seminoles and fire a ****** coach and hire another ****** coach creating an even big **** show.

Let Manny do his thing and if there isn't improvement then hopefully Blake and Manny are ****canned.

Missed most of the game yesterday because my mom fell and I had to drive up from our place in the Keys.

What I did see late was pretty uninspired. We seem to have regressed offensively and defensively we again had issues getting off the field on 3rd down.

Overall I agree with your premise. Put a mix of teams 10-40 on the field and anyone can beat anyone. We’re one of those teams.

Relieved not happy with the win. We’ll see what Michigan State brings.
Hope you Mom is ok.

Advertisement
Back