Where is Ed Reed at?

This whole "no playbook" thing....is this actually possible? I mean I've heard it said before, but for example, just yesterday LT56 was doing his interview and was talking about the reason he hadn't been playing more is he didnt know the playbook. Either there is a playbook or there isn't. So which is it? lol and what the **** is going on at this program?
So much more to the Lt situation , the playbook was bs.

Advertisement
This whole "no playbook" thing....is this actually possible? I mean I've heard it said before, but for example, just yesterday LT56 was doing his interview and was talking about the reason he hadn't been playing more is he didnt know the playbook. Either there is a playbook or there isn't. So which is it? lol and what the **** is going on at this program?

Cmon man, you didn't actually believe that there was no playbook, did you? Of course there's a playbook. How it's used is the issue.

Cmon man, you didn't actually believe that there was no playbook, did you? Of course there's a playbook. How it's used is the issue.
haha. I feel like there is more to this 'no playbook' thing. Like what do they mean by it? Is it just a jab at Manny because he can't/doesn't make in game adjustments? I'm pulling up that Coach Hayes vid now to see what the context was. But no, I didn't think it was possible to not have a playbook, but with this team you really wouldn't be able to tell.

Melvin Bratton said on last weeks coach Hayes interview, that he was told Ed Reed is keeping low profile because he doesn’t want to be associated with a coach/DC that doesn’t have a playbook, and thus can’t make adjustments. He said this a few minutes after highsmith left the show. Go check it for yourselves. Mel said it would probably be all over ESPN. But nobody said a thing.
We have playbooks

Advertisement
No it’s not. Most teams use iPads including UM

Last edited:
We have playbooks
Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

Start listening to the coach Hayes show w High, Lamar T, and Mel B. At the 56 min 45 second mark. That’s where he says it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm still trying to figure out what he meant by "no playbook" he even said the quote unquote part while speaking. (Melvin)

I'm still trying to figure out what he meant by "no playbook" he even said the quote unquote part while speaking. (Melvin)
He's talking about a physical version of it. Reality is some people learn different from others. Us old heads like something tangible we can hold onto and map out. Now everything is digital here and not everyone can learn that way.

He's talking about a physical version of it. Reality is some people learn different from others. Us old heads like something tangible we can hold onto and map out. Now everything is digital here and not everyone can learn that way.
Respectfully, it isn't old heads learning on those iPad playbooks at UM, my friend. It's mostly 18-23 year-olds who grew up with the technology.
And it's not like UM is the only school doing this. Wisconsin and Stanford have been using digital playbooks for several years. Pro teams, too.

Advertisement
Respectfully, it isn't old heads learning on those iPad playbooks at UM, my friend. It's mostly 18-23 year-olds who grew up with the technology.
And it's not like UM is the only school doing this. Wisconsin and Stanford have been using digital playbooks for several years. Pro teams, too.
Maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. I was agreeing with that. ALL of the teams especially in the league are using digital formats for playbooks and have been for almost ten years. That was going on when I was still playing. But most schools still have the option of paper because they're aware not everyone responds well to seeing x & o from a digital perspective. That's what I meant to some people don't respond well to digital options. I've been taking one of my doctorate courses during the pandemic with all the time away from the office and even I struggled with it. But no big deal. It's y'all's Convo I'll stay out of it.

Maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. I was agreeing with that. ALL of the teams especially in the league are using digital formats for playbooks and have been for almost ten years. That was going on when I was still playing. But most schools still have the option of paper because they're aware not everyone responds well to seeing x & o from a digital perspective. That's what I meant to some people don't respond well to digital options. I've been taking one of my doctorate courses during the pandemic with all the time away from the office and even I struggled with it. But no big deal. It's y'all's Convo I'll stay out of it.
No need for that last bit, man. I legitimately appreciate your perspective.

I understand your point that different people learn differently. In another life I was a teacher, but thankfully I got out before this shift into e-learning. I just think these young kids have been raised to learn on these digital formats. But I'm sure there's still a handful that don't like it.

No need for that last bit, man. I legitimately appreciate your perspective.

I understand your point that different people learn differently. In another life I was a teacher, but thankfully I got out before this shift into e-learning. I just think these young kids have been raised to learn on these digital formats. But I'm sure there's still a handful that don't like it.
Me being an individual who understands my accomplishments weren't possible without a particular teacher who took interest in me far before sports I'd simply like to say I appreciate the contribution. I personally think the direction of our world has taken a drastic shift in the last two generations based in large part because of social media,the lack of parenting and teachers feeling neglected to the extent disassociate from the youth...

Advertisement
Back