Where is Ed Reed at?

Advertisement
I think the main reason Reed isnt coaching right now is he doesnt want to dedicate the long hours it takes to be one. He has money he has freedom .I think he values that. He doesnt want to be in a mascot role either. The man is a fierce competitor and watching the stink job of a defense we fielded last year without any power to change it frustrated him and he said no mas. I believe that's where Ed is right now.
To me Reed ,The Mad Stork ,Jerome Brown and Sapp were the best defensive players in UM history in terms of game changing ability.

Advertisement
I heard he flashed onto the field during spring practice. Intercepted a ball thrown by Garcia and ran off into the sunset.

Advertisement
I mean I agree, but should he not be around for our first visit weekend in over 15 months? And before the “Man fvck you he is Ed ******* Reed he can do wtf he wants to do” crowd comes in, relax lol. I am just asking a question?
Yeah I agree it'd be nice but I guess with the role he has he comes & goes as he pleases.

He doesnt want to be in a mascot role either.
Disagree. I think that is exactly what he wants in this role. Collect a paycheck, show up here and there, still be involved in football just enough until the next, better offer comes. He has publically stated he wants to coach. Until that day comes, he "works" from GA and collects a check from UM.

Advertisement
I'm not gonna lie if Ed reed at the BBQ Stewart probably would be a cane right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
IMO its a non-starter. Everyone freaked out last year/summer when ER20 "couldn't be found" but yet we got James Williams, have to believe ER20 had at least a tiny bit to do with that.....he'll be here during Fall Camp. Man isn't being paid as a coach so he doesn't have the same hrs as a coach, when he's needed he hops on the calls/Zoom etc but otherwise he's basically on vacation, which would make sense.

Maybe he’s moving in the shadows, maybe he’s busy with his kids, maybe he’s refusing the covid vaccine, maybe it’s not a gig he’s in love with.

I don’t know, but it doesn’t matter. No Ed Reed slander will be tolerated here.

He just finished watching film and researching every recruit through 2026...he is now diligently putting it all together on a PowerPoint presentation for Manny

Advertisement
Back