Where does DVD stand?

And no DB coach slot opened up which is what DVD coaches. We’re not going to have 3 DB coaches or make the mistake we did last year and have the DC coach a position he’s never really coached before.

If a DB coaching slot opened up and Mario promoted Terry Jefferson to it instead of DVD THEN he would’ve been “passed over” but that role never materialized. He can be upset about that but he wasn’t passed over.

Or we’re both wrong and he just got cold feet 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think you need to run that by Mackmiller.

Advertisement
Speculation as usual. I don’t believe there was any firm confirmation that DVD was promised anything and I believe it would be totally out of character for Mario to make a promise like that to one coach and one recruit.
@Cribby

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

i think he had an offer from UT St. and FIU and he opted to stay wiht us. i think the plan for coming on field was clear. maybe its addae being unable to land another gig to open a role (i believe i saw some reports or thouught i did that addae was interviewing for other jobs). maybe he didnt get the role and w guidry here, mario may be leaving that to him to decide since he is a DBC by trade
Clear as mud. I never saw any confirmation DVD was promised anything.

Advertisement
Speculation as usual. I don’t believe there was any firm confirmation that DVD was promised anything and I believe it would be totally out of character for Mario to make a promise like that to one coach and one recruit.
lol you know mario personally or just speculating bc if you trust the insiders then the one that has provided truthful info has said mario said it himself that DVD would go on field. look guys, mario is a coach and most of these coaches would step on their own to win. hes also an elite recruiter which involves telling people what they wanna hear to sell them. im not saying mario did all those things, but lets not act like any coach is a saint.

here's the deal with DVD either way.. even if he does leave for an on field role elsewhere, it can be a win win for us.. if he ends up doing well, we can bring him back and he'll probably always be willing to for similar pay and role .. if he doesn't do well, then he'll be back in an off field role when he inevitably gets let go or demoted from his on field role....

Advertisement
And no DB coach slot opened up which is what DVD coaches. We’re not going to have 3 DB coaches or make the mistake we did last year and have the DC coach a position he’s never really coached before.

If a DB coaching slot opened up and Mario promoted Terry Jefferson to it instead of DVD THEN he would’ve been “passed over” but that role never materialized. He can be upset about that but he wasn’t passed over.

Or we’re both wrong and he just got cold feet 🤷🏻‍♂️
Steele didn’t coach a position he was just the DC

lol you know mario personally or just speculating bc if you trust the insiders then the one that has provided truthful info has said mario said it himself that DVD would go on field.
Unfortunately, I don’t know Mario personally but I don’t recall any of the insiders (there’s really only one that spoke about it) confirming a promise was made to DVD. What I do recall is there was a rumor that Cormani wouldn’t sign with us unless DVD was his coach. From there, all kinds of the typical speculation flew all over the board.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, I don’t know Mario personally but I don’t recall any of the insiders (there’s really only one that spoke about it) confirming a promise was made to DVD. What I do recall is there was a rumor that Cormani wouldn’t sign with us unless DVD was his coach. From there, all kinds of the typical speculation flew all over the board.

Yeah, I think we can let @Cribby speak for himself, but I specifically recall that the response to all the "DVD's going to leave UM for USF" dirty-recruiting that T-Rob did...was assurances from Mario that DVD would remain at UM and would be around to coach Cormani. Now, whether Mario felt that offer included an off-field role (which DVD currently has), I can't vouch for that specifically. But I'm also not sure it was ever said that Mario promised DVD himself an on-field coaching role.

And, having said that, maybe there has been a change-of-mind/heart anyhow. I do think Mario intended to consider Ponce for an OC role and Strong for a DC role AT ONE TIME.

Last edited:
Maudes won’t lock this thread up (they shouldn’t) but they’re gonna have to at some point

I know rabble when I see it

@cway313 youre gonna need to push that > 80% up a few notches as this thread keeps going
They were just getting ready to tear up his old jersey. Lmao this place is a cesspool of incompetence and failed attempts to be first.

(And we all love it.)

Advertisement
Absolutely. 100% agree. DVD interviewed for Utah State a few years ago, Georgia, FIU, and Miami last year. USF, UNC, and FSU this year... and didn't get any of them.

He didn't get the jobs or chose to stay. Weird timing now.
Don’t think he ever interviewed at uga. Chose to stay over utah st and fiu, if he’s leaving now it’s obviously he was promised something and nothing happened. ***ed up situation cause he has alot of value on the recruiting side

im not trying to do a whole wbesite search through that mess of a cormani thread, but it was absolutely confirmed by the main insider on here lol. like he didnt even parse his words. he flat out said mario told them to their face that DVD would go on field.

Yeah, I think we can let @Cribby speak for himself, but I specifically recall that the response to all the "DVD's going to leave UM for USF" dirty-recruiting that T-Rob di...was assurances from Mario that DVD would remain at UM and would be around to coach Cormani. Now, whether Mario felt that offer included an off-field role (which DVD currently has), I can't vouch for that specifically. But I'm also not sure it was ever said that Mario promised DVD himself an on-field coaching role.

And, having said that, maybe there has been a change-of-mind/heart anyhow. I do think Mario intended to consider Ponce for an OC role and Strong for a DC role AT ONE TIME.
The point about it being “confirmed” DVD was promised an on-field role was really the only issue I was addressing. I rarely speak for anyone without permission and if I quote someone, I have enough consideration to tag them.

Advertisement
Back