Where does DVD stand?

If JT gets the on field job it wouldn't be DVD getting passed over since he is replacing a DL coach. I think the problem DVD is going to have getting on field this year is Addae is still here and the DC is a Safeties coach by trade so we already have 2 guys coaching the DBs. Therefore, the current opening really shouldn't go to another DB coach.
get rid of the dude everyone doesnt like

Advertisement
Possibly. Maybe he gave cormani and his mom that same pinky promise.
The Cormani kid is dumber than I thought if he was that set on being coached by DVD.

Maybe they were tied together.. Cormani had to sign if he wanted DVD to get a job and DVD had to land Cormani to get that job he wanted. Doubt anything was promised.. most likely it was understood.

I'd like to keep DVD in his current role, don't get me wrong. But if it comes down to on-field coach or not on staff at all.. please leave.

My guess is that promise also came with a qualifier like we will try to get you on field this year and wasn't a straight you will be on field for the 2023 season
idk go back to that thread. seemed pretty flat out and clear in what was being told to recruits parents to their faces. either way, if hes not ready, hes not ready. i think getting him on field with guidry being a DBC by trade works out well and move addae to the sun

The Cormani kid is dumber than I thought if he was that set on being coached by DVD.

Maybe they were tied together.. Cormani had to sign if he wanted DVD to get a job and DVD had to land Cormani to get that job he wanted. Doubt anything was promised.. most likely it was understood.

I'd like to keep DVD in his current role, don't get me wrong. But if it comes down to on-field coach or not on staff at all.. please leave.

cormani and DVD were close. mario promised the McClains that dvd would be on field to their face. it didnt happen obviously or happen yet at least. it wasnt a wink wink either. cribby literally said he flat out said it to their faces. mario is allowed to change his mind and dvd is allowed to bounce.

Advertisement

Only way I'd take him on field is if we had an elite DB coach like Corey Raymond to ensure all the coaching is done right and we had a DC that doubled up as a LB coach or something. We could easily have him as an on field coach primarily as a recruiter while also learning to be a better CB coach if we had the right mix of coaches but no way should he be given responsibility of CBs without direct oversight.

cirbby mentioned in the CM threads that DVD was promised an on field role here by mario himself.
I'd probably rescind my promise too if I flew up to Lakeland to see this kid that he told me would be there only to find out that he was on a plane headed to Colorado.

Just like someone had to take the fall for the UNC disaster in 2020 and then MTSU last year... someone's head should have rolled for the way that situation played out. Not saying these are tied together or that I have any idea what's going on but anything is on the table for me wherever they would like to point the blame.

I’m a bit baffled here. How does he go from maybe the second best recruiter to out when he wasn’t even on the field as coach but Addae is still here. I realize at the moment there is no on field role so maybe dvd feels passed over if JT is getting they but they do need a dl coach
Maybe Guidry interviewed and evaluated both of them and liked Addae better for the on field role. If so, maybe Mario is doing what CIS demanded and letting the coordinator pick their own coaches

Advertisement
If JT gets the on field job it wouldn't be DVD getting passed over since he is replacing a DL coach. I think the problem DVD is going to have getting on field this year is Addae is still here and the DC is a Safeties coach by trade so we already have 2 guys coaching the DBs. Therefore, the current opening really shouldn't go to another DB coach.
That's the exact definition of being passed over, of course it probably wasn't a battle 1 vs 1 straight up (JT or DVD) more like forced circumstances as you said in your reconstruction of the facts (which is, IMHO, likely correct).

cormani and DVD were close. mario promised the McClains that dvd would be on field to their face. it didnt happen obviously or happen yet at least. it wasnt a wink wink either. cribby literally said he flat out said it to their faces. mario is allowed to change his mind and dvd is allowed to bounce.

Cormani didn't sign so what if there was a contingency on his signing that would land DVD the on field role? Do you think Mario would make DVD an on field coach only to watch Cormani flip?

Advertisement
My guess is that promise also came with a qualifier like we will try to get you on field this year and wasn't a straight you will be on field for the 2023 season
I believe there was also talk this offseason by the NCAA of expanding slots for on field roles. Maybe that qualifier was part of the promise

If JT gets the on field job it wouldn't be DVD getting passed over since he is replacing a DL coach. I think the problem DVD is going to have getting on field this year is Addae is still here and the DC is a Safeties coach by trade so we already have 2 guys coaching the DBs. Therefore, the current opening really shouldn't go to another DB coach with no provable experience yet to show that he can coach on the field.

agree 100% added some commentary in bold and underline.

Advertisement
I’m a bit baffled here. How does he go from maybe the second best recruiter to out when he wasn’t even on the field as coach but Addae is still here. I realize at the moment there is no on field role so maybe dvd feels passed over if JT is getting they but they do need a dl coach
great recruiter does not necessarily equal good on the field coach

I think it’s clear that DVD is a recruiter with value but I don’t think he is ready for having his own room. Now if he would have landed Cormani, them we would have been in a spot where we would have almost had to have given him the room. He didn’t though.

they could have done both this time around since Guidry is a DB by trade no?

either way, mario had promised DVD an on field role and it didnt happen. i wouldnt be mad if he left nor would i if he stayed. hes gotta do whats best for him
do we know for sure that Mario promised DVD an on-the-field position or did that tidbit come out of the Cormani rumor camp?

Advertisement
Back