Where does Al Golden land?

1) nobody will want him. 2) lot of severance deals reduce amounts paid if you take another coaching job - unless there was a settlement.

Advertisement
atomic_carlot.jpg

Advertisement
on an island somewhere, guy just milked university of miami out of $15 million plus in 5 years. hit the friggin lotto.

Advertisement
Please keep this an actual discussion because I am curious to what people think

I think when UVA fires Mike London he could have a chance at that job.

My local school Boston College might be looking for a new coach also.

they would want a coach that the coach theyre firing waxed ?

Advertisement
It depends how serious he is about his coaching career. TV will come calling. However, he needs to try and stay relevant. I think a coordinator position at a major school is probable however his strength is recruiting and these guys don't get a chance that recruit much. He definitely has options. Not major ones but he will have options.

why would somebody want him on TV? He would be a running joke and nobody gives two ***** on who he thinks will win. He has zero football knowledge and nobody would take him serious. I think he ends up as some special teams coordinator oh my bad he cant due that right either. He is done nobody wants that bum

It depends how serious he is about his coaching career. TV will come calling. However, he needs to try and stay relevant. I think a coordinator position at a major school is probable however his strength is recruiting and these guys don't get a chance that recruit much. He definitely has options. Not major ones but he will have options.

why would somebody want him on TV? He would be a running joke and nobody gives two ****s on who he thinks will win. He has zero football knowledge and nobody would take him serious. I think he ends up as some special teams coordinator oh my bad he cant due that right either. He is done nobody wants that bum

their are much worse people on TV

did you listen to the FAU game and Dave Wannstedt....awful

Advertisement
Jokes aside, he'll be a glorified positions corch on the next Penn State staff after they fire the black version of himself. My guess is it'll probably be under Mike Munchak. Our former corch will do some tv on ESPN 4 or FSN 23 in the interim. He'll breakdown the upcoming Iowa State vs Colorado latenight matchup like a champ.

Last edited:
Illinois would be a good fit. But I doubt he get a job like that immediately after getting fired. Prob a year or so from now he will prob be at Umass or some other northeastern low division school.

Advertisement
Back