Where does Al Golden land?

Regional Analyst somewhere next year. Prob in the northeast. Not enough on his resume to be national.

He will get another shot in a few years. But like the poster said, gonna take him some time to repair his image. Buddy got fired midseason. Gonna be tough to overcome that one for awhile.

Advertisement
After Saturday's performance, he has no shot at a power 5 school. He needs to do TV or be a coordinator somewhere for several years and then maybe he can get another shot at a MAC-like gig.

Advertisement
Here's where I hope he lands:
yyT3vRt.gif

I'm thinking he ends up a high school coach at a school that traditionally hasn't won much and has a principal from Honduras.

It depends how serious he is about his coaching career. TV will come calling. However, he needs to try and stay relevant. I think a coordinator position at a major school is probable however his strength is recruiting and these guys don't get a chance that recruit much. He definitely has options. Not major ones but he will have options.

Advertisement
I'm guessing Rutgers. They are having disciplinary and NCAA issues. He's recruited Jersey and Rutgers is a B1G school. Other then that. Nothing and I don't really care.

After Saturday's performance, he has no shot at a power 5 school. He needs to do TV or be a coordinator somewhere for several years and then maybe he can get another shot at a MAC-like gig.

why would anyone want him as a coordinator? his defense is putrid and archaic

Advertisement
Honestly, I think he will end up at a MAC school after doing TV for a couple of years. He might do okay at a crap school, and then maybe just maybe, get a shot at a bottom dwelling team in the Big Ten...like a Purdue or Illinois. But the chances of that happening are at like 5%.

I can see him doing TV for a year and I can also see him get back into coaching on the defensive side of the ball. Not sure he'll go into head coaching for a while. I think he'll take the Randy Shannon route - DC for a bit, perhaps - but then again, who would hire him as a coordinator much less a positional coach?

Advertisement
Honestly, I think he will end up at a MAC school after doing TV for a couple of years. He might do okay at a crap school, and then maybe just maybe, get a shot at a bottom dwelling team in the Big Ten...like a Purdue or Illinois. But the chances of that happening are at like 5%.

I can see him doing TV for a year and I can also see him get back into coaching on the defensive side of the ball. Not sure he'll go into head coaching for a while. I think he'll take the Randy Shannon route - DC for a bit, perhaps - but then again, who would hire him as a coordinator much less a positional coach?

good point, I think you're right.

USCw, could totally see him fitting into a non college town, private high academic school in a metropolis, with great weather, fertile recruiting grounds and high expectations.

One of the most respected men in the industry wouldnt suprise if he is hired this year he got dealt a hand of **** and was on the way to turning it into gold just couldnt relate down ere

Advertisement
Back