Where does Al Golden land?

grogz26

Junior
Banned
Please keep this an actual discussion because I am curious to what people think

I think when UVA fires Mike London he could have a chance at that job.

My local school Boston College might be looking for a new coach also.

Advertisement
No way.

He will need at least 3-4 years away from coaching on TV to rehab his image.

Plus he will need to return some of buyout if he takes another job.

Advertisement
His system is archaic and a failure and he shows no aptitude toward change and flexibility, I think a career change is in his future.

Advertisement
I don't see him as a HC again at a major program anytime soon. He has plenty of money and can work on TV or do whatever he wants next year.

Advertisement
I think he might go to Rutgers to be a DC to help Flood recruit NJ. I doubt he gets another HC gig after that Clemson debacle.

He could also go be a DC under Rhule wherever he ends up. My guess would be Maryland.

Honestly, I think he will end up at a MAC school after doing TV for a couple of years. He might do okay at a crap school, and then maybe just maybe, get a shot at a bottom dwelling team in the Big Ten...like a Purdue or Illinois. But the chances of that happening are at like 5%.

Advertisement
I think his system could work up north and one of those teams could give him a chance...who knows

he is getting a good amount of cash so he could take some time off for sure

Honestly, I think he will end up at a MAC school after doing TV for a couple of years. He might do okay there for a couple of years, and then maybe just maybe, get a shot at a bottom dwelling team in the Big Ten...like a Purdue or Illinois. But the chances of that happening are at like 5%.

solid point

Advertisement
Back