Where do you stand on Tyrique Stevenson?

Why do we continue to lose out on the best CBs from South Florida? Last year it was PS2 and Campbell and now it's Dent and Stevenson? I just do not understand why they do not stay home? I can understand the Golden days because the program was a disaster but now we're a top 15 program with a great HC. Can someone please explain to me why this keep happening?

Advertisement
I actually thought Coley did a decent job trying to tailor UM offense to Jacory Harris and the QB before him (Morris I think?)
For what it’s worth Coley will be making 850 K this year at UGA and he apparently turned down the offensive coordinator position at Texas A&M.
So, in addition to just recruiting, Coley must be doing plenty of other things right for that salary.

He recruit’s and takes risks recruiting. He didn’t go to A&M because Jimbo would call the plays and Coley would just have a title.

Coley could script the first set or two of plays okay but after was garbage. You could tell he didn’t know jack during his fall interviews at Miami dude seemed lost

Why do we continue to lose out on the best CBs from South Florida? Last year it was PS2 and Campbell and now it's Dent and Stevenson? I just do not understand why they do not stay home? I can understand the Golden days because the program was a disaster but now we're a top 15 program with a great HC. Can someone please explain to me why this keep happening?

$EC

He recruit’s and takes risks recruiting. He didn’t go to A&M because Jimbo would call the plays and Coley would just have a title.

Coley could script the first set or two of plays okay but after was garbage. You could tell he didn’t know jack during his fall interviews at Miami dude seemed lost

I actually was thinking of Jedd Fisch, but incorrectly said Coley, when referring to Harris and in part, Morris-- Oops !! :confused:

When Coley left FSU to come here, I remember one of the reasons was so that he could actually call the plays versus Jimbo doing so - goes with what you're saying above.
I wouldn't think Coley would go back to Jimbo and not again call plays, but I don't have firsthand or any knowledge of this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Give me Tavaris Robinson, someone whos a complete monster on the trail. IMHO I would prefer a new db coach out of the whole staff if I had to replace someone it would be Rumph. I like him I love how he teaches but the one negative is recruiting, I dont know if its his fault or money (probably bags) but he will get the blame thats how it goes. Cant be losing elite dbs yearly....and not just elite dbs he loses the top of the board guys from your own turf.

We need to just put our best recruiters on our top targets regardless of what position they coach. Coley is uga's qb coach but hes there best recruiter so he's on TS and was on TC last year. Have Hartley or Dugans on Stevenson

Advertisement
Andrew Ivins is sure acting like he knows something. He’s one of the most conservative analysts out there and he’s literally arguing with people on 247 about how he believes Miami is in this even saying that he regrets changing his crystal ball to Georgia. Interesting. Never seen him like this.

He is the most conservative analyst. He was the first to switch it after that UGA reveal. Basically said it was a done deal. Whatever is being said must be good.

Something else I find interesting - Mansell has yet to cb Stevenson to UGA. He is virtually the only one who hasn't . I have been thinking it's because he was waiting until he knew when the public announcement was. But he has said a few times recently that he expects the "So Fla recruiting to go to the wire".

I wish all of this had remained quiet and under the radar. What happens now - more pre$$ure on the kid and his mom?

We need to just put our best recruiters on our top targets regardless of what position they coach. Coley is uga's qb coach but hes there best recruiter so he's on TS and was on TC last year. Have Hartley or Dugans on Stevenson

Dugans follows Stevenson's social media. I have seen him "like" some of the posts.

I actually was thinking of Jedd Fisch, but incorrectly said Coley, when referring to Harris and in part, Morris-- Oops !! :confused:

When Coley left FSU to come here, I remember one of the reasons was so that he could actually call the plays versus Jimbo doing so - goes with what you're saying above.
I wouldn't think Coley would go back to Jimbo and not again call plays, but I don't have firsthand or any knowledge of this.

Dude I loved Jedds play calling

Last edited:
I actually thought Coley did a decent job trying to tailor UM offense to Jacory Harris and the QB before him (Morris I think?)
For what it’s worth Coley will be making 850 K this year at UGA and he apparently turned down the offensive coordinator position at Texas A&M.
So, in addition to just recruiting, Coley must be doing plenty of other things right for that salary.

"Ask Madden" did a better job of diagramming and selecting pass concepts than Coley did. Dude was in way over his head as an OC.

Advertisement

coley wasn't the OC when Jacory was here, Fisch was.

Advertisement
Give me Tavaris Robinson, someone whos a complete monster on the trail. IMHO I would prefer a new db coach out of the whole staff if I had to replace someone it would be Rumph. I like him I love how he teaches but the one negative is recruiting, I dont know if its his fault or money (probably bags) but he will get the blame thats how it goes. Cant be losing elite dbs yearly....and not just elite dbs he loses the top of the board guys from your own turf.

Robinson makes 1.2 million a year at USCe, and is DC and DB coach. The thing about trying to hire these type of "hitman" recruiting coaches, is not only do they have bags at their disposal at these schools, but those schools can afford to pay them ridiculous sums of money to be assistant coaches. James Coley is making 500k to be the WR coach at Georgia. I don't think he made much more than that to be OC under Golden, and he had to recruit without the benefit of a Good Ole Boy network behind him.

Robinson makes 1.2 million a year at USCe, and is DC and DB coach. The thing about trying to hire these type of "hitman" recruiting coaches, is not only do they have bags at their disposal at these schools, but those schools can afford to pay them ridiculous sums of money to be assistant coaches. James Coley is making 500k to be the WR coach at Georgia. I don't think he made much more than that to be OC under Golden, and he had to recruit without the benefit of a Good Ole Boy network behind him.
We have to pony up and stop fuqin around we have the money

Advertisement
Back