Where do you guys think the 2019 recruiting class will rank?

I'm hoping top between 6-10 but that's because I think we are gonna take a large and several of our 3 star recruits will end up as 4 stars. I am also hoping FSU finishes outside the top 10. I don't think UF finishes higher than 15. Whats your opinion?

I'm sure we'll end up between in the Top 10-16.

Why maybe lower like 16? .... Because we have a lot of under the radar sleepers like Brooks and Munoz who were hurt or that are not nationally known ( like Rousseau was last year) . I strongly agree that several of our 3 star recruits will end up as 4 stars.

The good thing about this class is that they're ALL solid players who will ALL contribute to our future success.

Advertisement
Just did a mock class with all of our realistic targets, adding Hasslewood and Hammond.
27 commits
283.50 Projected Team Score
Which would have been good enough for around where we finished last year--8th.

Just did a mock class with all of our realistic targets, adding Hasslewood and Hammond.
27 commits
283.50 Projected Team Score
Which would have been good enough for around where we finished last year--8th.

I think that isssssssssss SPOT ON .

GOCANES

I think what we are doing is mostly positive however FSU finishing higher than us is concerning. Taggart is a joke and Mullen is a JAG we should be dominating the state.
The top targets in the state aren’t even considering other Florida schools besides us I think we’re alright in shifting the paradigm back to south Florida .. MAR just clowned Florida

Advertisement
I think we finish between 8 and 10. I see us getting another 4-5 four star recruits and having 2-3 of our current three star commits getting a bump. That will give us total of 12-14 four star recruits and around 26 overall.

8-12 range

Disappointed in where we are ranked right now as we have too many commits to only be ranked 16 in the country but I also Know that majority of Miami’s top targets haven’t committed yet and we are sitting in pretty good position with pretty much all of them. Honestly don’t care where we rank as long as we land all 3 of Tyrique Stevenson, Evan neal and Khris Bogle
add MAR to that list of guys and I completely agree.

Advertisement
Very underwhelming class after the start they had with the '18 class. There is nobody anywhere close to approaching Nesta, Lingard, Hall, Pope level kids so far (outside maybe Payton). Sorry, but we aren't taking down Clemson in the ACC with a bunch of 3* kids as they stack blue chips every year.

Very underwhelming class after the start they had with the '18 class. There is nobody anywhere close to approaching Nesta, Lingard, Hall, Pope level kids so far (outside maybe Payton). Sorry, but we aren't taking down Clemson in the ACC with a bunch of 3* kids as they stack blue chips every year.
I agree with your last statement but I advise you to check Clemson’s commitment list this year. It’s filled with 3 stars

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree with your last statement but I advise you too check the commitment list this year. It’s filled with 3 stars

Yea, that's why i specifically called out a few of the blue chip guys without trying to be too exhaustive. Could have added in Jarren, Hightower etc. as well. I expected the 2019 class to at least be as top loaded as last class with elite kids and then fill in with quality 3* guys the staff identified as takes that they can develop.

Clemson currently has 11 three star commits.

Advertisement
Seems like Richt's approach is to focus on having a monster class every other year... 2018... 2020... at least that's what it looks like anyway

11 or more wins...5-7
10 wins with an FSU win again...8-11
Go 9-3 or 8-4 with an FSU loss 12-18

If the U starts dominating average teams, not needing miracles to win each week, the 5 stars will come.

5-7 is dreaming lol. We finished #8 last year, a year in which we had a ton of hype and momentum with the turnover chain as well as not having FSU recruit for half of the year while they and UF were both going through coaching changes. We finished top 10 and were as high as #2 at some point. If we didn't do it then, we definitely aren't doing it this year. I think 8-12 is very reasonable and acceptable while I would say 13-15 is a bit of downer but still not bad if we get the right players (which I trust more than rankings anyway)

Y'all gotta stop with this Top 5 stuff.

I plugged in the most ridiculous and unattainable finish I could find.....added Neal, Bogle, Richards, McIntosh, Ingraham, Tyler Davis, Stevenson, and Zipperer to our class as far as uncommitted kids, then added Haselwood flipping from UGA and Dent flipping from FSU......adds up to 290 composite points. 290 was good for 5th in 2018 and 7th in 2017. So if we have literally the most ridiculous fairy tale dream close to the class that anyone can possibly imagine, we might sniff the top 7. Stop with the nonsense. It'll be 10ish, maybe 1-2 spots ahead or below that. AND THAT'S FINE. You can win with a Top 10 class if you have good coaching and develop the kids. You don't need Top 3 classes to do what we want to do here. But we gotta chill with the Top 5 talk it's not gonna happen.

Advertisement
Back