Where do you guys think the 2019 recruiting class will rank?

10-12 range. Land the following guys (Stevenson Bogle Neal Weaver Richards McIntosh Ingraham Zipperer) and that would give us 14 blue chip players for 2019. We signed 15 blue chip players last year.

14 blue chips a year = 56 blue chips over a 4 year period. That is elite recruiting, I don't care what our class rank says.

Advertisement
Need another top 10. Three top 10's in a row and we should finally have the talent to be a consistent contender even if we don't have an elite qb.

Y'all gotta stop with this Top 5 stuff.

I plugged in the most ridiculous and unattainable finish I could find.....added Neal, Bogle, Richards, McIntosh, Ingraham, Tyler Davis, Stevenson, and Zipperer to our class as far as uncommitted kids, then added Haselwood flipping from UGA and Dent flipping from FSU......adds up to 290 composite points. 290 was good for 5th in 2018 and 7th in 2017. So if we have literally the most ridiculous fairy tale dream close to the class that anyone can possibly imagine, we might sniff the top 7. Stop with the nonsense. It'll be 10ish, maybe 1-2 spots ahead or below that. AND THAT'S FINE. You can win with a Top 10 class if you have good coaching and develop the kids. You don't need Top 3 classes to do what we want to do here. But we gotta chill with the Top 5 talk it's not gonna happen.

Crazy that doesn't amount to what UGA, OSU, and Bama are most likely going to do.

While I do agree that we don't need a crazy high class, the staff does need to expand their recruiting efforts. Its kids of the same caliber of top targets throughout the South. If you miss on plan A down here, go and get the best in Texas, Georgia, Louisiana, etc.

Advertisement
5-7 is dreaming lol. We finished #8 last year, a year in which we had a ton of hype and momentum with the turnover chain as well as not having FSU recruit for half of the year while they and UF were both going through coaching changes. We finished top 10 and were as high as #2 at some point. If we didn't do it then, we definitely aren't doing it this year. I think 8-12 is very reasonable and acceptable while I would say 13-15 is a bit of downer but still not bad if we get the right players (which I trust more than rankings anyway)

11 plus wins is an equal dream. You win like that kids will flip. Gotta win. Plain and simple. It’s not crazy at all to finish 5-7 if we finish ACC champs.

Last edited:
11 plus wins is an equal dream. You win like that kids will flip. Gotta win. Plain and simple. It’s not crazy at all to finish 5-7 if we finish ACC champs.
Yea it is crazy. Go on 247 and play around with it a little. We would have to get guys like wright, haselwood, sanders, dent, thomas to finish there. Its unrealistic.

Advertisement
Posted this in another thread. Our best bet is to hope we can finish with an average score of 90.

A realistic gauge would be likely finishing 14ish to 20ish.

We have 16 commits.
There are 7 teams already ranked ahead of us with less commits.

There are 5 teams that can recruit as well if not better then us that are behind us (Stanford, Washington, Southern Cal, Tennessee, and Penn State)

There is only 1 team that has a full class already who won't realistic stay in the top 10-15 (Ole Miss) and South Carolina is probably the only other team we can realistically jump.

So if you add the teams that are already ranked higher with less commits and the schools who typically recruit better then us that are behind us who also has less commits there is 12 teams that has a likely chance of staying/jumping ahead of us.

I'm sure someone will say if we get [insert names here] we will jump them. To that I say learn from last year.. we thought we'd be a top 5 class UNTIL everyone else started getting their commits, as 4-5 star player usually announce later, and we ended up with a class 3-4 spots lower then we originally predicted.

I think this ends up being similar to the 2015 classes initial unheralded nature.

2015 was 27th, yes, 27th, in the rankings, which at first glance is deplorable, and was surely the first nail in the coffin for Al Golden. I think this will be Mark Richt's version of that, but obviously to a much higher level due to our recruiting and coaching upgrades.

For what the 2015class produced compared to that ranking, 27th, after looking at the names, one might assume it was a top 15, top 10 class.

Top Offensive recruit - Mark Walton - We know what he did, how much he meant and where he got drafted, even after missing most of his junior season.

Top Defensive recruit - JaQuan Johnson - Undoubtedly our biggest leader on the team - Super productive, hyper competitive, great leader, possible First Rounder

Most underrated recruit - Tyler Gauthier - 2 year starter that is currently on multiple preseason award watch lists.

Best development recruits (this is the biggest similarity IMO)

- Micheal Jackson - Best cover corner for Miami since Brandon Harris. Great development following traits to become a star with work ethic and coaching (Rumph made this) - Projected First rounder
- RJ McIntosh - Huge interior contributor and two year starter following a year of development - sure fire first day draftee had he stayed in school
- Kendrick Norton - See RJ

Best of the rest:

Tyree St. Louis - 3 year Starter
Lawrence Cager - Injury plagued yet very talent Sr starter
Scott Patchan - Injury plagued yet talent reserve on DLine
Sheldrick Redwine - Maligned but productive two year Srarter

The rest were horrendous with us missing on multiple olinemen and transfers. Also, this class had no QB, more on that in a bit.

So how can Richt's version relate? I think the recruiting board changes recently lend themselves to focusing on developmental players that fit their mold and can be further molded by great coaching and S&C. See Brownlee, Hodges, Smith, Good, Harvey and Williams.

Then you have the underrated players, similar to Quan (he was well ranked but stll underranked), and Guathier. Players like Weaver, Crowley, McIntosh, Ingraham, Huff and Solomon are massively talented, pass the eye test, but are just undervalued due to good recruiting years at their positions.

We can't forget the wounded warriors. I am going to stretch this to fit the narrative, lol, but similar to Cager and Patchan, though VERY well know recruits, have had to fight injuries to get to where they are. At the high school level, Munoz and Sam Brooks are two players that could be top 10 in their positions if not for injuries that cost them seasons, exposure and reps. Both are now healthy, ahead of schedule, and look to have big SR years.

Lastly and most observed are the big players. The Waltons. This will ultimately set this class apart IF we get one or more Walton type players. This includes MAR (Just give him the WR scholly already), Payton, Neal, Stevenson, Bogle and the like. As things look now, once again IMO, I don't see us landing more than four from this category if that (Neal, MAR, Payton, Wright my guess from this group).

This class has many under the radar and bypassed talents that when looked back upon may leave us with good depth and great stars.

Oh, and similarly, no QB.

Class Average in 2015: 86.4
Class Average in 2019: 89.0

That 2015 class was god awful. Fines, Knowles, Milo, Henley, King, Sherriefs, Mahoney, Loftus, Gordinier. Lots of wasted scholarships on JAGs. Don't see that in this class, maybe 3-5 "projects", but the rest will be ball players.

Advertisement
I think this ends up being similar to the 2015 classes initial unheralded nature.

2015 was 27th, yes, 27th, in the rankings, which at first glance is deplorable, and was surely the first nail in the coffin for Al Golden. I think this will be Mark Richt's version of that, but obviously to a much higher level due to our recruiting and coaching upgrades.

For what the 2015class produced compared to that ranking, 27th, after looking at the names, one might assume it was a top 15, top 10 class.

Top Offensive recruit - Mark Walton - We know what he did, how much he meant and where he got drafted, even after missing most of his junior season.

Top Defensive recruit - JaQuan Johnson - Undoubtedly our biggest leader on the team - Super productive, hyper competitive, great leader, possible First Rounder

Most underrated recruit - Tyler Gauthier - 2 year starter that is currently on multiple preseason award watch lists.

Best development recruits (this is the biggest similarity IMO)

- Micheal Jackson - Best cover corner for Miami since Brandon Harris. Great development following traits to become a star with work ethic and coaching (Rumph made this) - Projected First rounder
- RJ McIntosh - Huge interior contributor and two year starter following a year of development - sure fire first day draftee had he stayed in school
- Kendrick Norton - See RJ

Best of the rest:

Tyree St. Louis - 3 year Starter
Lawrence Cager - Injury plagued yet very talent Sr starter
Scott Patchan - Injury plagued yet talent reserve on DLine
Sheldrick Redwine - Maligned but productive two year Srarter

The rest were horrendous with us missing on multiple olinemen and transfers. Also, this class had no QB, more on that in a bit.

So how can Richt's version relate? I think the recruiting board changes recently lend themselves to focusing on developmental players that fit their mold and can be further molded by great coaching and S&C. See Brownlee, Hodges, Smith, Good, Harvey and Williams.

Then you have the underrated players, similar to Quan (he was well ranked but stll underranked), and Guathier. Players like Weaver, Crowley, McIntosh, Ingraham, Huff and Solomon are massively talented, pass the eye test, but are just undervalued due to good recruiting years at their positions.

We can't forget the wounded warriors. I am going to stretch this to fit the narrative, lol, but similar to Cager and Patchan, though VERY well know recruits, have had to fight injuries to get to where they are. At the high school level, Munoz and Sam Brooks are two players that could be top 10 in their positions if not for injuries that cost them seasons, exposure and reps. Both are now healthy, ahead of schedule, and look to have big SR years.

Lastly and most observed are the big players. The Waltons. This will ultimately set this class apart IF we get one or more Walton type players. This includes MAR (Just give him the WR scholly already), Payton, Neal, Stevenson, Bogle and the like. As things look now, once again IMO, I don't see us landing more than four from this category if that (Neal, MAR, Payton, Wright my guess from this group).

This class has many under the radar and bypassed talents that when looked back upon may leave us with good depth and great stars.

Oh, and similarly, no QB.
I see what you mean but I just don’t see a way we end up that bad. We would have to basically miss on everyone.

I understand what you're thinking but nah. If we finish anywhere outside of the top 15 after winning the Coastal, or another 10+ win season, there needs to be some transitioning going on. That's unacceptable.

I see what you mean but I just don’t see a way we end up that bad. We would have to basically miss on everyone.
Wya good bro. I’m not really thinking of it as being as bad as “26th” bad. I’m seeing it more as a class that will be less stars more potential. Coaches are tired of all these **** boys acting like primadonnas. They don’t want that, they want Bandys. They want Quans. They want Jarrens. They want Burns’ (and before y’all hate on my lil bro do some homework. Bro has been through a lot and is highly favored.) they want players with potential, with a chip, who don’t want to play games.

So I think we have a very underestimated though under ranked class. Not because we necessarily “miss” but because we aren’t waiting on the divas.

Advertisement
Wya good bro. I’m not really thinking of it as being as bad as “26th” bad. I’m seeing it more as a class that will be less stars more potential. Coaches are tired of all these **** boys acting like primadonnas. They don’t want that, they want Bandys. They want Quans. They want Jarrens. They want Burns’ (and before y’all hate on my lil bro do some homework. Bro has been through a lot and is highly favored.) they want players with potential, with a chip, who don’t want to play games.

So I think we have a very underestimated though under ranked class. Not because we necessarily “miss” but because we aren’t waiting on the divas.
Yea That’s where I get what you mean. Definitely looking for guys with tools that they can mold into elite instead of dealing with all the drama from guys that let rankings get into their heads. I also liked the examples you gave. Only thing I disagree with is 27th in the nation. I don’t see a way we fall farther than 20 unless we **** up and miss on everyone left. Just on the numbers we need alone we should be higher than that.

I understand what you're thinking but nah. If we finish anywhere outside of the top 15 after winning the Coastal, or another 10+ win season, there needs to be some transitioning going on. That's unacceptable.

This RIGHT HERE, tells me I want evaluations of players that want it rather than lazy ones and star chasing.

Ain’t gotta look any further than our own conference to realize that. Get the right players, not the right rankings.

FSU
Year Class Rank Finish
2010 8th 10-4
2011 2nd 9-4
2012 4th 12-2
2013 11th 14-0 NAT CHAMP G
2014 4th 13-1
2015 3rd 10-3
2016 3rd 10-3
2017 6th 7-6

Clemson
Year Class Rank Finish
2010 27th 6-7
2011 10th 10-4
2012 20th 11-2
2013 15th 11-2
2014 16th 10-3
2015 9th 14-1 NAT CHAMP G
2016 11th 14-1 NCG
2017 16th 12-2 NCG

Yea That’s where I get what you mean. Definitely looking for guys with tools that they can mold into elite instead of dealing with all the drama from guys that let rankings get into their heads. I also liked the examples you gave. Only thing I disagree with is 27th in the nation. I don’t see a way we fall farther than 20 unless we **** up and miss on everyone left. Just on the numbers we need alone we should be higher than that.
I don’t think we ever fall out of top 15, just don’t think we need top 5 to make noise you feel me?

Y’all got to relax, let some of you guys tell it we will miss on every target left. I can See Miami being in the 8-12 range this season. We will see

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back