Where are we really at today as a program?....

Advertisement
I’d estimate 75% of the fans are in wait and see mode.

First season was a colossal failure but he’s made a ton of great moves since.

We’ll see if it translates to wins.
Agree with this, I've been beat down by this program the last 15+ years and have no faith in Diaz' ability to turn it around. I like the moves he's made this offseason, although I'd like a change at DC, but I need to see some real improvement on the field before I believe we're close to being back.

We're a mediocre program, have been for a decade and some, who's looking to get up into conference contention and beyond. Just another average team.

We are a team with some promise, but will it come to fruition? We'll see I guess.

Culture is FUBAR

All flash and no substance, NFL U, no desire to win or be great.

The turnover chain and TD rings are the perfect example.

We'll be more exciting to watch in 2020 but Miami is a clown show.
WOW, my sentiments exactly .......crystal 7 wins as CMD will losses MSU,NC, FSU maybe UVA and team will come out flat and lose to someone we should beat by easily. Lose minor bowl game , but CMD will return as Fake Blake will point out significant progress rinse and recycle

Advertisement
6-7 is where we are at. nothing more nothing less

Thank you, with a flakey *** incompetent a.d. that hasnt done anything but be mostly below mediocre. With a new transfer in qb who's stats against real competition are not better than perry's, but somehow the odds maker's have him 3rd in the heisman talks already, and he hasnt even been officially named the starter here yet, although we know how coach diaz gets down, lol.

We are a program with a none certified headcoach, making moves in the off season that mainly gets non-football minds excited. Most of the so called UM fan base that post now have real low football i.q.'s nowadays, so its easy to get the excited. Im not excited about none of these players until they actually playing real football and making plays in real games!

TBH, I'd prefer going 7-6 over some 2017like "10 win season" that'll make everybody think Diaz turned the corner. Until his luck runs out the following season.

Agree with this, I've been beat down by this program the last 15+ years and have no faith in Diaz' ability to turn it around. I like the moves he's made this offseason, although I'd like a change at DC, but I need to see some real improvement on the field before I believe we're close to being back.
CMD owns the portal and creating off season buzz, regular season not so much.
truth be told he's worst coach in ACC hands down and to observe him on sidelines HE knows he's in over his head
6-7 and only 2 staff changes as CMD and his G.A. group enter season 2.
J.Johnson commenting on Canes in US Today "it's been pretty miserable for awhile .
truth stings

We lost to FIU and La. Tech in the same season. With THREE 4 star QBs on our roster. We can lose to anybody. Anywhere. Anytime. Deacon Blues was written about Wake Forest losing to Alabama. We are worse than Wake Forest.

Advertisement
Hard to say at this point, it all depends on the staff additions and development at the QB position. Football is driven by the QB and unless you have a good one you're susceptible every week and even then parity has settled in.
The SEC will continue to dominate due to the resources both above and under the table, most of those regions have nothing else going for them and as corny as it was the "it just means more" tag line was accurate as ****. The struggles of "metro" teams is real, most are in the same if not worse shape than Miami right now. UCLA, Houston, Pitt, SMU, San Diego St., Boston College are all in tough spots. Univ. of Washington has been the only program to be able to sustain any success as of late and I guess you could throw in Utah as well.

I think Miami will be back, I just don't know what back is anymore.

We're a mediocre program, have been for a decade and some, who's looking to get up into conference contention and beyond. Just another average team.

We are a team with some promise, but will it come to fruition? We'll see I guess.
top 50 at this point in time......AD/BOT seem incapable of getting it done.keep those ACC checks coming
do you really think Adidas will pony up 95 M$ next time "fat Chance"

The reason he's made great moves is because the administration pays for those moves. He's getting everything any decent head coach would need to win big handed to him on a silver platter. Shannon and Golden didn't get this treatment. I guarantee you their OCs, or DCs, never made half of what they are shilling out for Diaz's staff.

Manny is basically a spoiled rich kid with a credit card with no limit. Until he wins games, I am not impressed.

Nebraska is asking this same question. How did we get here? Recruiting the wrong types of kids. 1000 to pick from and we consistently picked kids that did not want to develop. This last class will be an improvement. Will have to play a lot of games with thes young guys. will take more lumps. Then in a couple of years start winning and people will think Manny learned to coach. Same as Scott Frost.

Advertisement
top 50 at this point in time......AD/BOT seem incapable of getting it done.keep those ACC checks coming
do you really think Adidas will pony up 95 M$ next time "fat Chance"

Too 50? I guess I could go with that, but somewhere near or at the bottom.

Who knows what Adidas puts up or whomever else. I don't remember this deal as some groundbreaking amount, but I could be wrong.

Hard to say at this point, it all depends on the staff additions and development at the QB position. Football is driven by the QB and unless you have a good one you're susceptible every week and even then parity has settled in.
The SEC will continue to dominate due to the resources both above and under the table, most of those regions have nothing else going for them and as corny as it was the "it just means more" tag line was accurate as ****. The struggles of "metro" teams is real, most are in the same if not worse shape than Miami right now. UCLA, Houston, Pitt, SMU, San Diego St., Boston College are all in tough spots. Univ. of Washington has been the only program to be able to sustain any success as of late and I guess you could throw in Utah as well.

I think Miami will be back, I just don't know what back is anymore.
SEC has more cash, but cannot buy off fact we cannot field a second echelon type team. second echelon 9+ wins and rank somewhere between 6-12 comparisons nationally. Michigan, Auburn, etc. ACC $, BCS $, Adidas $$ make money issue some what moot.
Miami BOT/AD as well as football staff is massively underperforming and has not 15 years. it used to mean more at Miami
now not so much.....

Too 50? I guess I could go with that, but somewhere near or at the bottom.

Who knows what Adidas puts up or whomever else. I don't remember this deal as some groundbreaking amount, but I could be wrong.
95M$ i "think" Nike offered 50M$ how times have changed. pick up a copy of US Today and read article on Miami'ss other teams not winning. J.Johnson quote" it's been miserable for awhile"15 years points fires of non performance to BOT/AD group
Bass, Epstein etc. Highsmith was just to create illusion of were working on it !!!!
Parcells said it best you are what your record says you are.... past 15 years 6,7 win outfit

Advertisement
Have been thinking about it lately. What are your thoughts? Is it more of the same? Has MD turned the corner with Lashlee & the spread. Has our moment ended forever? I’m not looking to start a debate thread but would like some honest, NO emotion, opinions of what we are & what lies ahead.
Wait and see mode. Still think manny is in over his head and it's going to take a miracle for him to keep his job. With that said. I believe in miracles. If you were lucky enough to be around back in 1983. You will have a better understanding of where I'm coming from. You gotta believe!!!! Unlike the sky is falling herd.

Go Canes!!!!!!

The program is light years ahead of where it used to be. The campus and facilities are the best they have ever been. Resources are available now more than they have ever been.

The football team may not be where it once
was but the program itself is light years ahead. The reason the football team hadn’t been the same is bc of resources. If JJ or Butch would have had the resources and the program how it is now, they probably wouldn’t leave and continue to win. Bad hires, BS NCAA and Nevin, not being able to recruit bc of the NCAA, and having the SEC run rampant on our recruiting grounds were the reasons.

Going to a spread offense, is a sign of being back to a winning football program. The defense has made us ranked as high as number 2 in the last 3 years. The talent is born and raised in our neighborhood. We will get back to winning football and we’ll still have some of the best facilities in the country as well.

Wait and see mode. Still think manny is in over his head and it's going to take a miracle for him to keep his job. With that said. I believe in miracles. If you were lucky enough to be around back in 1983. You will have a better understanding of where I'm coming from. You gotta believe!!!! Unlike the sky is falling herd.

Go Canes!!!!!!
game has changed massively , no way in **** CMD is in same zip code as Schellenberger

Advertisement
Back