Where are we really at today as a program?....

Advertisement
Close to this point. Hoping for better times.

1580222891421.png

Culture is FUBAR

All flash and no substance, NFL U, no desire to win or be great.

The turnover chain and TD rings are the perfect example.

We'll be more exciting to watch in 2020 but Miami is a clown show.

Advertisement
I've mentioned this in a few other threads that unless you're over 50, you have no idea where this program came from. Before '83, Miami was a team other schools scheduled as a cupcake; much like scheduling an FBS school nowadays. How do I know? I went to every home game but 3 from '69 to '80.
Schnelly caught the CFB world by surprise when he came on board. The CFB world has changed dramatically since then. We can't catch anyone by surprise anymore. It'll take a visionary like Schnelly to get us back to "the good old days." Whether or not Manny can do it is yet to be determined.

Have been thinking about it lately. What are your thoughts? Is it more of the same? Has MD turned the corner with Lashlee & the spread. Has our moment ended forever? I’m not looking to start a debate thread but would like some honest, NO emotion, opinions of what we are & what lies ahead.
6-7

Advertisement
Wait and see!!! I like the moves that were made in the off-season. But I need to see wins first!!!

Still an underachieving program. My ceiling for the program isn't quite as high as some of the dreamers' ceiling though. I believe that Miami can be a consistent 10 win program, competing for ACC titles and New Years day bowl games. The days of winning multiple national titles in a decade and being a premier, top 5 team are over though. Teams like Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU Ohio State are allowed to do things that Miami as a program would be punished for by the NCAA. As long as some teams get to play by a certain set of rules than others, College football will have 3 or 4 great teams and then there will be a steep drop-off to the second tier teams where I believe Miami would be.

Still an underachieving program. My ceiling for the program isn't quite as high as some of the dreamers' ceiling though. I believe that Miami can be a consistent 10 win program, competing for ACC titles and New Years day bowl games. The days of winning multiple national titles in a decade and being a premier, top 5 team are over though. Teams like Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU Ohio State are allowed to do things that Miami as a program would be punished for by the NCAA. As long as some teams get to play by a certain set of rules than others, College football will have 3 or 4 great teams and then there will be a steep drop-off to the second tier teams where I believe Miami would be.
Sad but it might be the truth. Some teams may be able to sneak in and shock the world but it wont be a constant thing sadly

Advertisement
I've mentioned this in a few other threads that unless you're over 50, you have no idea where this program came from. Before '83, Miami was a team other schools scheduled as a cupcake; much like scheduling an ad started forcing reemphasisFBS school nowadays. How do I know? I went to every home game but 3 from '69 to '80.
Schnelly caught the CFB world by surprise when he came on board. The CFB world has changed dramatically since then. We can't catch anyone by surprise anymore. It'll take a visionary like Schnelly to get us back to "the good old days." Whether or not Manny can do it is yet to be determined.

The70,S was the worst decade in the history of cane sports period. The administration at that time wanted to demphasise sports and dropped basketball. This anti sport movement actually started in 1962 when Henry Stanford took over as president. The Board got fed up about 1978 and started forcing reemphasis. He finally resigned in 1981. Prior to when Stanford took over the Canes were never considered a cupcake and had some **** good teams. Have been a Cane fan since 1949 and mid-sixties through most of the seventies was sickening

Advertisement
Sadly you may be correct. What is it going to take to be a consistent 10 win Coastal winning team?

Until the whole staff is filled with top notch coaches and recruiters we will be a slightly above average team. Making the changes Manny has made this year will get us out of the cellar and take the heat off him and James but will only get us so far.

Advertisement
Back