Where are we really at today as a program?....

game has changed massively , no way in **** CMD is in same zip code as Schellenberger
I wasn't comparing head coaches. If you can honestly say that going into that 1983 season, that you as a fan were confident the University of Miami was going to win a national title that year. Imma call you a liar.

Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
we look so stupid with the chain routine!! how do you build team with that look at me BS?
Our failures got nothing to do with the chain. Dudes today are built for the hey look at me BS. First downs, sacks, td's, picks, tackles, great catches. Take your pick. Whenever a player makes a play today. It's hey look at me. That's just the way the game is today. There are no exceptions in today's game when it comes to showboating. Everyone is doing it. Frankly, I find it annoying but it is what it is. We stink because we're soft and continuously get punked by opponents that want it more than us.

Go Canes!!!!!!!!

Our failures got nothing to do with the chain. Dudes today are built for the hey look at me BS. First downs, sacks, td's, picks, tackles, great catches. Take your pick. Whenever a player makes a play today. It's hey look at me. That's just the way the game is today. There are no exceptions in today's game when it comes to showboating. Everyone is doing it. Frankly, I find it annoying but it is what it is. We stink because we're soft and continuously get punked by opponents that want it more than us.

Go Canes!!!!!!!

Go Canes!!!!!!!!
your right on todays antics with players but when we are so bad FIU, La Tech Ga.Tech etc. its time to give it a rest

Advertisement
Still an underachieving program. My ceiling for the program isn't quite as high as some of the dreamers' ceiling though. I believe that Miami can be a consistent 10 win program, competing for ACC titles and New Years day bowl games. The days of winning multiple national titles in a decade and being a premier, top 5 team are over though. Teams like Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU Ohio State are allowed to do things that Miami as a program would be punished for by the NCAA. As long as some teams get to play by a certain set of rules than others, College football will have 3 or 4 great teams and then there will be a steep drop-off to the second tier teams where I believe Miami would be.
At this point I’d be happy with that man

Our path to the playoff SHOULD be 1 game every year. The ACC title. So realistically we could be right there & fast. Just need to get the O humming.

Just read something:

*4 of our 7 losses this year was our defense giving up the lead in the 4th qtr.*

I remember back in 2013, Coach No'D kept harping that his def was a top 15 in Total Def. Anyone w/ eyes could see we weren't a top 15 def. The numbers were inflated by playing a soft schedule.

FFW to 2019, and I see this staph doing the same thing:
-We played a schedule that had a combined win/loss of 111-68 (.620 win pct and this includes one FCS school, and two G5 schools not including our bowl game).
-We played one team all year that ended up having 10+ wins
-We played one FCS and three G5 teams
-Out of the nine P5 teams we played, four had regular season records of .500 or below

So when I try to tell fans that numbers do lie, this is what I mean. So it's not just an offensive problem....we legit have a culture problem w/ lack of winning and underachieving
That's just it. You can easy look at our scores and say, "If our offense scored 30 PPG..." That doesn't mean our defense can't improve, just that they weren't the biggest problem.

With any luck, we'll find out exactly how good they are in the ACCCG.

Go Canes!!!!!!!!
It’s not just players today. The Miami Hurricanes built their program and reputation on making big plays and dancing and celebrating. It’s always been a “look at me” thing. Fans seem to not care when the team is winning. When the team loses, they’re desperate to find some hidden reason so they grab at straws. The turnover chain is NOT why they lost seven games last year.

Advertisement
It’s not just players today. The Miami Hurricanes built their program and reputation on making big plays and dancing and celebrating. It’s always been a “look at me” thing. Fans seem to not care when the team is winning. When the team loses, they’re desperate to find some hidden reason so they grab at straws. The turnover chain is NOT why they lost seven games last year.
Agreed. It just seems that showboating is out of control. I mean these kids today are showboating after they make a play. Regardless if they're team is winning or losing.
I'm all for celebrating but not everytime someone makes a play. Which seems to be the norm these days!! Wait. I gotts to go yell at a kid to get off my lawn.....

Go Canes!!!!!!!!

Started from the bottom now we here

1580304345002.jpeg

It's been said on here already: Leadership. We have not had great examples of this from our AD and head coach since the Butch / Paul Dee era.

The only way we have a shot in today's billion-dollar CFB landscape as a small, private institution trying to compete with large schools with a list of donors 10 times ours is with stellar leadership. The AD and head coach at UM have to navigate around so many major pitfalls that other schools don't have to deal with. We don't have the luxury of being a large state school in a small town surrounded by good, ol', loyal country kids and fans. Mark Richt said it best: Coaching at Miami is hard.

The talent is gradually coming back though the 2017 class' failures set us back a bit. But the AD/HC issues.... until we get that right we will be stuck in mediocrity.

Advertisement
Hardcore mediocrity. Not the type of mediocrity that gets you a 12 win season to offset a 3 win year, but rather the type that is perpetually hovering at .500. Incredibly boring.

We lost to FIU and La. Tech in the same season. With THREE 4 star QBs on our roster. We can lose to anybody. Anywhere. Anytime. Deacon Blues was written about Wake Forest losing to Alabama. We are worse than Wake Forest.

Nice Steely Dan reference( golf applause)...

Advertisement
PPG Allowed is always the best measure of a defense.

18 PPG or whatever we've had for the last few years doesn't cut it.

Hard for the other team to win if they can't score.

Miami has had a few teams give up less than 10 a game for the season.

At least 2 of the 3 won championships - maybe all 3, but I'm too lazy to check it.

'91 and '01 were 2 of the teams - and obviously those 2 won it all.

Not sure of the 3rd.

And obviously those 18 a game we've allowed has been against a Charmin Soft schedule for the most part.

Just read something:

*4 of our 7 losses this year was our defense giving up the lead in the 4th qtr.*

I remember back in 2013, Coach No'D kept harping that his def was a top 15 in Total Def. Anyone w/ eyes could see we weren't a top 15 def. The numbers were inflated by playing a soft schedule.

FFW to 2019, and I see this staph doing the same thing:
-We played a schedule that had a combined win/loss of 111-68 (.620 win pct and this includes one FCS school, and two G5 schools not including our bowl game).
-We played one team all year that ended up having 10+ wins
-We played one FCS and three G5 teams
-Out of the nine P5 teams we played, four had regular season records of .500 or below

So when I try to tell fans that numbers do lie, this is what I mean. So it's not just an offensive problem....we legit have a culture problem w/ lack of winning and underachieving

Have been thinking about it lately. What are your thoughts? Is it more of the same? Has MD turned the corner with Lashlee & the spread. Has our moment ended forever? I’m not looking to start a debate thread but would like some honest, NO emotion, opinions of what we are & what lies ahead.
We surely look better on paper with our new QB and OC.

Advertisement
Back