Where are the LBs?

Advertisement
That’s one ***ot I’d be glad to have on our team
kim jong un GIF

Lol this cracks me the f- up. You think Dabo turns Jennings into a legit P5 LB? Or Flagg sees the field for him? Or Steed, as much as I admire the kid? How about Brooks? Does Venables's magic heal his busted *** toe? We. Don't. Have. Talent.
Have you seen the LB's that Venables trots out there?

Last time we played them, they had two 3-star white kids from the middle of nowhere bustin' our a$$.

I disagree @DMoney , the worst position on the team is offensive line. By far. With some of the steeds and brooks coming back eventually, our size matches what you would expect. Toughness ok well maybe not, but I think size wise we were down because of injuries.

Offensive line deserves its own thread, and we should set it on fire after.

Advertisement
Have you seen the LB's that Venables trots out there?

Last time we played them, they had two 3-star white kids from the middle of nowhere bustin' our a$$.
And they could play. You think they turn our current guys (not including the currently injured) into a$$-busters?

Manny's scheme didn't seem to bother Shaq Quarterman who had 356 tackles/46.5 TFL/12 sacks/5 FR/2 forced fumbles over his career, and was 3 time All ACC.

Shaq was playing behind RJ, Norton, Willis, Jackson, Garvin, Harris, Thomas, etc with Jaquan, J.Carter, Jenkins etc supporting from the secondary.

Plus, when those guys were freshmen, they cut them loose and let them play without too much thinking. They developed confidence earlier and even McCloud was way better. The guys we have now are stepping into the full defense without that acclimation period.

Confidence is everything. The college game moves faster than most people can imagine. Thinking vesrsus attacking makes a big difference in how guys develop and being split seconds behind looks really bad. I think Shaq and Pink were obviously better, but the lb play being THIS BAD speaks to more than just talent.

Advertisement
there are no analytics for being a great finder of talent therefore manny is phucked
All the guy has to do is recruit a bunch of 4 and 5 stars and he would be fine. The guy can't do it. There is analytics for offense and defense, yet he still sucks. People like to pretend Manny is this genius that uses analytics like he is Peter Brand from Moneyball. Realistically the guy is a dumbass who has a cult like following in Miami.

Advertisement
I coached him.

Ruben was better than any of our lbs as a high school junior
I remember u being adamant af....I was like gogeta is right as soon as I saw the highlights. Yet we took Flagg and whoever over him. I hate when forums members say the typical "the coaches must know something we don't" excuse bs. When u start seeing that response u know you are fuqed

Yes. He. Is.

He’s Maryland’s worst backer. BJ’s brother is already better than him.
You right you got it. He sucks man. I dont think he would help in what we have going on here at linebacker...Having 5'10 205 pd play lb for a few practices Keontra Smith being labeled as your best LB should have been the heads up in the spring for the position

Advertisement
The micro analysis of why we suck is hilarious. It's like examining a toilet bowl full of diarrhea with a microscope to determine that something is wrong with your gastrointestinal system.

"Look at that particle of diarrhea there."

😆

You right you got it. He sucks man. I dont think he would help in what we have going on here at linebacker...Having 5'10 205 pd play lb for a few practices Keontra Smith being labeled as your best LB should have been the heads up in the spring for the position
Hyppolite is averaging less than 4 tackles a game so as of right now isn't doing ****. Maybe that changes but right now he is a JAG.

Yeah this thread cuts deep. I’m convinced the kids listed in this thread would have failed had they come here. Manny’s failure is a big part lack of coaching and development and part poor evals.

There should be a restraining order put on him keeping him a thousand yards away from all football fields in America.

Advertisement
Back