Where are the LBs?

And they could play. You think they turn our current guys (not including the currently injured) into a$$-busters?
They could play?
They were 3-star kids who had offers from Delaware State A&M Tech.

So either Clemson evaluated better than us, or they coached those kids up to be a$s kickers.

I think you underestimate the impact coaching and scheme has on the outcome of a kid's performance. I have no doubt our LB's would look better under Venables.
First of all, they probably wouldn't have to fight Offensive Guards every play.
That's one way to make your LB's look inferior - have your DL play with no gap integrity so that your LB's have to shed Linemen all the time.

Advertisement
They could play?
They were 3-star kids who had offers from Delaware State A&M Tech.

So either Clemson evaluated better than us, or they coached those kids up to be a$s kickers.

I think you underestimate the impact coaching and scheme has on the outcome of a kid's performance. I have no doubt our LB's would look better under Venables.
First of all, they probably wouldn't have to fight Offensive Guards every play.
That's one way to make your LB's look inferior - have your DL play with no gap integrity so that your LB's have to shed Linemen all the time.
I will never understand people that argue this sort of stuff. It is one of his evaluations, his scheme, or his coaching and development. Which one is almost irrelevant, at least if he lets it get to this point. In some way it flows back to Manny.

For nearly 20 years, Miami football has been a comedy of errors.

Recruiting whiffs, bad evals, 5-star busts, passing on local studs.

It’s shocking how inept we’ve been.
But what we really need is a detailed analysis on why we've been so bad at boundary corner. 😆

Advertisement
It's a fair point, but even if they are pass rushers they are better than the pass rushers we have. Plus they are more versatile.
UM ****ed me off not offering my son, they didn't understand he is an athlete that also can drop in coverage and stop the run. If they really watched Yasir film in high school he was a run stopper, most teams ran away from him. I'm a Gator, but I love my hometown team. Great defenses put athletes on the field that's old school UM. UM had pure athletes on the team, not the typical position player; UM had great defensive speed.

It's a fair point, but even if they are pass rushers they are better than the pass rushers we have. Plus they are more versatile.
UM ****ed me off not offering my son, they don't understand he is an athlete that also can drop in coverage a
The difference for those guys is coaching. Those guys were rush ends in high school also. I didn’t see Bonitto being a take for us. But Abdullah should’ve been a take. Nik projected as a 3/4 backer. But the big thing is coaching. Hyppolite should’ve been a take.

The difference for those guys is coaching. Those guys were rush ends in high school also. I didn’t see Bonitto being a take for us. But Abdullah should’ve been a take. Nik projected as a 3/4 backer. But the big thing is coaching. Hyppolite should’ve been a take.
Calling Yasir Abdullah just an edge rusher means folk never saw him play for Carol City; edge rushers don't get interceptions and take them back for a touchdown. Again, UM has to get freakish playmakers when they can. I was on this site hoping you guys would influence Manny to offer him; Carol City coaches couldn't understand why Manny or Shannon at Florida at the time didn't offer him. Shannon them was fired the following year. LSU saw him as a player they could move all around the field; I didn't like my son at LSU. Louisville puts him in a position to disrupt runs and passes using all his abilities. Yasir does more than rush the edge watch him play.

Advertisement
Calling Yasir Abdullah just an edge rusher means folk never saw him play for Carol City; edge rushers don't get interceptions and take them back for a touchdown. Again, UM has to get freakish playmakers when they can. I was on this site hoping you guys would influence Manny to offer him; Carol City coaches couldn't understand why Manny or Shannon at Florida at the time didn't offer him. Shannon them was fired the following year. LSU saw him as a player they could move all around the field; I didn't like my son at LSU. Louisville puts him in a position to disrupt runs and passes using all his abilities. Yasir does more than rush the edge watch him play.

Attachments

• 45866812-D524-490F-9423-99AA90B51285.jpeg
    45866812-D524-490F-9423-99AA90B51285.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 54
Those aren't great numbers, dude.

Not bad, though. Meanwhile, last year Jennings had 39, Brooks 37, McCloud 27, Steed and Flagg 15 (and Flagg had only 1 solo).

No argument with you that scheme is unfriendly for LB (and not good against decent offenses in general). But I also think Manny's (and Baker's and Patke's) recruiting and development of LBs has been atrocious, and the Shaq stats show how that position has degraded even within the same system due to lack of talent.

Even in today's game, I saw multiple plays where Flagg and Jennings just ran right into the pack with no gap integrity, or let themselves get blocked out of plays that past Miami LBs would have avoided.

Advertisement
UM ****ed me off not offering my son, they didn't understand he is an athlete that also can drop in coverage and stop the run. If they really watched Yasir film in high school he was a run stopper, most teams ran away from him. I'm a Gator, but I love my hometown team. Great defenses put athletes on the field that's old school UM. UM had pure athletes on the team, not the typical position player; UM had great defensive speed.

Your son dodged a bullet. I think Manny can still be successful if he fixes basic things about his defense, but when rumors came out that Mark Richt was considering Manny Diaz as DC, I came away very unimpressed with the amount of Linebackers Manny put in the league throughout his years of being a LB coach and/or DC.

Hope he transfers in as our starter next year when Mario or another bigtime HC takes over.

Advertisement
right now he is a freshman...and 4 tackles a game avg is probably 3 more than Flagg or Bradley Jennings
He’s a Sophomore isn’t he?

Shaq was averaging 6tackles a game as a frosh and about the same as a sophomore
Pink was averaging just under 5 tackles a game his true frosh and just above 5 as a sophomore.

Comparing stats of tackles him and Flagg are similar? 7 total reporting from my google search…

He’s a Sophomore isn’t he?

Shaq was averaging 6tackles a game as a frosh and about the same as a sophomore
Pink was averaging just under 5 tackles a game his true frosh and just above 5 as a sophomore.

Comparing stats of tackles him and Flagg are similar? 7 total reporting from my google search…
Flagg is a pile jumper

Again just a simple search is pulling up 7 solo tackles each as true sophomores…

I think they lump “pile jumper” tackles as an assisted tackle
That’s what Flagg is best at. Look at his hs film. They gave him credit for a lot of tackles that he was just jumping in on

Advertisement
Back