When will we be ready to take down Clemson?

Advertisement
No ones more excited of this upcoming season then i am... but can we beat G5 teams and Vtech before we go Calling out the ACC's big bad wolf lol.

Advertisement
1983 - 2002 virtually every year except for a few in the mid-90s.

Sometimes I feel like we are the poor mans LSU in the ACC. LSU always falling short to Alabama but they still brought in a very good class every yr. Miami on the other hand good not great class year and year out, but cant beat Clemson and get over that hurdle. Clemson is our Alabama and we have to find a way like LSU did last year, so that we can be on top.
Its getting there but we have a long way to go before we can beat them. It might be a few years to be honest bc we just don't recruit like Clemson. Even when we won 10 games with rich **** recruiting still wasn't the best.

Advertisement
This staff needs to understand that the fan base will not ever ease up on them after losing to Butch and La Tech in a bowl game.

Before the FIU fiasco, there were actually people speculating about meeting Bama in the Orange Bowl. Now people are talking Clemson, which just reloaded with blue-chip prospects, many of whom WILL play on Sunday.

We lost to FIU? Really?
I haven't heard.

I remember the Bowden line....
On my tombstone it will say ..."but he had to play Miami"
Half you guys around here will have " but we lost to FIU" written on your tombstones.

Advertisement
We lost to FIU? Really?
I haven't heard.

I remember the Bowden line....
On my tombstone it will say ..."but he had to play Miami"
Half you guys around here will have " but we lost to FIU" written on your tombstones.

It was the lowest point in our program in over 35 years, of course we are still going to be talking about it 3 months after it happened. And we're going to reference it when people think that next year's team is somehow going to be competitive with a team that has made the playoffs 5 years running and skullfvcks us every time we play them.

It was the lowest point in our program in over 35 years, of course we are still going to be talking about it 3 months after it happened. And we're going to reference it when people think that next year's team is somehow going to be competitive with a team that has made the playoffs 5 years running and skullfvcks us every time we play them.
Getting blown out by virgina that one year with golden was bad

If Miami and Clemson happen to meet in the ACC championship game.. I hope the offensive tackles show more improvements then the interior, hopefully both show signs of improvement with another year of experience, the line as a whole was young. If the two teams do meet I hope there's not another pair like Christian Wilkins & Dexter Lawrence.

Zion Nelson played with about 40-50 pounds of extra weight, I doubt he played anywhere close to what was recorded the days leading up to the 2019 season. Delone Scaife Jr. showed he was more than equipped to play the tackle position as a true freshman, ended up at guard I believe by Butch Barry.

Butch Barry was only the assistant offensive line coach for the Bucs 4-years in a row, it showed too, Jarren Williams was hit altogether almost every pass attempt; Its well known the offensive linemen take a good year or two, even the highly rated ones; They're rated - 4 & 5 stars obviously for being able to develop quicker based on weight & conditioning, plus their readiness to contribute.

Advertisement
Sometimes I feel like we are the poor mans LSU in the ACC. LSU always falling short to Alabama but they still brought in a very good class every yr. Miami on the other hand good not great class year and year out, but cant beat Clemson and get over that hurdle. Clemson is our Alabama and we have to find a way like LSU did last year, so that we can be on top.
Its getting there but we have a long way to go before we can beat them. It might be a few years to be honest bc we just don't recruit like Clemson. Even when we won 10 games with rich **** recruiting still wasn't the best.
LSU has what, 2 titles since we've been last relevant? We've been a poor man's Kentucky, tbh.

We'll catch Clemson when we have a real staff, top level roster and admin that cares. Guessing that's somewhere between 2078 and 2124.

As the NY Giants once proved- if you have an elite front 7 on defense and a QB that takes care of the ball then you have a chance against teams with more overall talent. Miami wouldn't win a shootout, but it would be possible to keep the game under 30 points. UNC limited them to 21 and nearly pulled off an upset. Texas A&M limited them to 24. If Miami wants it much more- and yes it is entirely possible that Clemson players get complacent and think Miami will be a pushover- I think this Miami team has enough talent to upset them. As for coaching...well...

Advertisement
Back