When will we be ready to take down Clemson?

Lol at the lsu of the acc. We're closer to Mississippi state.
You are far too kind! Until we prove that we can beat the FIUs of the world, we will be more comparable to the school below :afro:
1581322433129.png

Advertisement
Miami fans continue to underestimate the talent on other teams in the coastal...we automatically believe Miami has way better talent than everybody else....only paying attention to recruiting rankings when it comes to evaluating a roster....UNC had the #19 class...last 2-3 have possibly out recruited Miami in the trenches....other coaches may have evaluated better to fit their schemes....let's wait to see the product on the field first....

IMO lets get to the Coastal 2 years in a row AND then lets worry about that. So by year 3 of a real offense .
Too early to be talking about beating Clemson when we were 6-7 losing to FIU, Louisiana Tech, GT, Duke, etc.

Completely agree with your assessment . We should only be talking about beating Clemson when we actually face them. That means winning the Coastal on regular basis where it becomes a forgone conclusion that Miami will be in the ACCCG.
The bar, for right now isn't beating Clemson. The bar is dominating teams in the Coastal that ALL SHOULD be inferior to Miami.

Advertisement
Cam Newton and Auburn with Chisik showed what can be done with some special players at key spots like the quarterbacks position. If King truly is as advertised and actually becomes a heisman type candidate then who knows what can happen THIS YEAR. But the key is what happens in subsequent years

We already reviewed what they did in college re: All Americans. Nick Saban gets exposed consistently on the big stage and his offenses bail him out? That's your legit stance? We just lost to FIU, Duke, La Tech and Ga Tech and you're telling me to stop believing that Alabama and Clemson are far better. I have no words.

The problem with you is you clearly dont understand football, best thing i can tell you is just pay attention and learn. The fact that you repeated what i said proved you didnt understand and dont understand football, and if you really think those last 3 schools we lost to are better than us, once again, its very clear that you dont understand football. Again, the main thing those 2 schools you keep worshipping have over us is coach stability. During the dominant UM years, that was another advantage we had on alot of teams, after the peach bowl, the culture we out right with it!

We talking about what they did in college, not where they got drafted, how many d-tackles had better statistics than gwIII, we talking about defenses, that slow methodical defensive approach that coach saban luv's to run, gets exposed consistently on the big stage, his offenses has to bail them out when they do win. Stop making yourself believe those teams are far superior to ours. They have just benefitted from having the proper structure in place longer!
No one has to "make" themselves believe. All the objective evidence is that those teams are far superior.

Advertisement
The problem with you is you clearly dont understand football, best thing i can tell you is just pay attention and learn. The fact that you repeated what i said proved you didnt understand and dont understand football, and if you really think those last 3 schools we lost to are better than us, once again, its very clear that you dont understand football. Again, the main thing those 2 schools you keep worshipping have over us is coach stability. During the dominant UM years, that was another advantage we had on alot of teams, after the peach bowl, the culture we out right with it!

You think that our 2018 defense was better than Alabama's and you think Nick Saban is constantly exposed on the big stage. Best thing I can tell you is to post less.

You think that our 2018 defense was better than Alabama's and you think Nick Saban is constantly exposed on the big stage. Best thing I can tell you is to post less.

Do you know the reasons why nicky runs the defense he runs and why he eventually modified it somewhat and do you know why oscar cryer runs the offense he runs. Question, why did alot of the old coaches have to leave the nfc east once jimmy got there, how was jimmy able to take over the nfc east! If you know football you'd know the answer to at least some of the questions , you definitely right about posting less, that definitely means in regards to replying to you, you just dont know football to even have a real conversation with you, so you speaking in hypotheticals!

Advertisement
Do you know the reasons why nicky runs the defense he runs and why he eventually modified it somewhat and do you know why oscar cryer runs the offense he runs. Question, why did alot of the old coaches have to leave the nfc east once jimmy got there, how was jimmy able to take over the nfc east! If you know football you'd know the answer to at least some of the questions , you definitely right about posting less, that definitely means in regards to replying to you, you just dont know football to even have a real conversation with you, so you speaking in hypotheticals!

giphy.gif

Besides a consistent QB, they need to develop the offensive line; I'll look at the recruiting stuff each year looking at the stars more so then the other values, as I'm never paying for anything mock draft related ever. NFL stuff, and especially high school to ncaa recruiting.

Wisconsin though as far as I know rarely have a top 25 ish recruiting class but, there o-line develop well enough to help the running backs to be in the Heisman conversation. I doubt any of there QBs on the roster would perform better then Jarren Williams did last season.

The offensive linemen and the defensive ends are still getting drafted. The offensive tackles & interior, more often then not play well enough. I would guess between both Randy Shannon & Al Golden that those o-linemen would be better then any of the units since Mark Richt was left without much talent left on the roster; They need the defensive tackles to develop better, which good coaching would help. Clemson lacking Christian Wilkins & Dexter Lawrence gave them less of a shot against LSU then most thought of.

Last year the week-one starters, Jon Ford and Nesta Silvera both sustained injuries that when first reported was supposed to keep them on the sidelines for at least a few weeks. They need better scouts for the o-line. If they don't get the more college ready athletes, they need to recruit more then they have been.

Advertisement

Exactly, so syracuse beat Clemson in the 2017 season 27 to 24 and than lost to Clemson in the 2018 season 23 to 27, so is syracuse as a program on par with Clemson as a program or do they just believe they can get the job done. If you understand football and have a defense that travels, no team that good from being beat.

Has boston college ever been on the same level as UM, but in 2001 they had us on the ropes until this happened and the Great news, they both are here now:

Advertisement
Back