When will we be ready to take down Clemson?

KOOLAID4L

Freshman
Sometimes I feel like we are the poor mans LSU in the ACC. LSU always falling short to Alabama but they still brought in a very good class every yr. Miami on the other hand good not great class year and year out, but cant beat Clemson and get over that hurdle. Clemson is our Alabama and we have to find a way like LSU did last year, so that we can be on top.
Its getting there but we have a long way to go before we can beat them. It might be a few years to be honest bc we just don't recruit like Clemson. Even when we won 10 games with rich **** recruiting still wasn't the best.

Advertisement
I'm not concerned with Clemson. I am more concerned with beating the teams in the Coastal we should never lose to.

I actually think this season could be the year we shock the college football world. IF King plays well, no one in the Coastal should have a prayer. Obviously, we are not on Clemson's level, but that doesn't mean we can't beat them. Just take care of the Coastal first.

Advertisement
Our defense would eat Trevor Lawrence. Draft stock would drop f*ckin around with us. UNC defense is aggressive but not nearly aggressive as ours and they ate his a** up.

I guarantee the last team Dabo wants to face in the ACC is a Miami team that can score points.

Sometimes I feel like we are the poor mans LSU in the ACC. LSU always falling short to Alabama but they still brought in a very good class every yr. Miami on the other hand good not great class year and year out, but cant beat Clemson and get over that hurdle. Clemson is our Alabama and we have to find a way like LSU did last year, so that we can be on top.
Its getting there but we have a long way to go before we can beat them. It might be a few years to be honest bc we just don't recruit like Clemson. Even when we won 10 games with rich **** recruiting still wasn't the best.

Kinda got to figure out how to beat FIU and La tech first. Then UVA and Duke.

I mean we have as about as good of a QB that we can get. Defense should remain about the same, maybe more speed at LB spot.

Question is will Lashlee system be able to hide our OL enough to be productive.

Yes I’m high, but it’s fine.

Advertisement
UNC has a stud QB now. They will be tough to beat.

They will be a thorn because Mack/Brewster can recruit. People are also forgetting about Ga Tech. Atlanta is a very popular city for young folk. Those two teams are already tearing up recruiting. They could be a problem.

Our defense would eat Trevor Lawrence. Draft stock would drop f*ckin around with us. UNC defense is aggressive but not nearly aggressive as ours and they ate his a** up.

I guarantee the last team Dabo wants to face in the ACC is a Miami team that can score points.

Dabo has outscored us 96-3 in our last 2 contests. I don't think he is scared of us in the slightest.

Here you go.

Screenshot_20200206-113258_Firefox Focus.jpg

Advertisement
To beat Clemson we need 3-4 good recruiting classes in a row. We need to stack chips. We are deficient at OL, CB, LB and QB. Our depth is not where it should be. We are thin at several crucial positions (CB and OL). We have bodies (dead-weight) at certain positions but not quality depth. Clemson is way ahead of us in terms of an 85 man roster with depth at every position.

We need to focus on recruiting and building our roster. That said, we need to start beating UNC, VaTech, Pitt and UVA on a consistent basis before worrying about Clemson.

I'm not concerned with Clemson. I am more concerned with beating the teams in the Coastal we should never lose to.

I actually think this season could be the year we shock the college football world. IF King plays well, no one in the Coastal should have a prayer. Obviously, we are not on Clemson's level, but that doesn't mean we can't beat them. Just take care of the Coastal first.
giphy (55).gif

Advertisement
I dont see us being favored against Clemson until atleast TVDs redshirt Senior year. However there is that old saying any given sat/sunday. If we click and make the ACCCG we can surprise Clemson. It is not a series, it is 1 game. Just get to the ship, catch a break here and there, and we'll see what happens.

UNC has a stud QB now. They will be tough to beat.
So do we, and we've out recruited them (significantly in some years) during the cycle time of both team's current rosters. No way would I trade their roster for ours. As we all know it's been a question of development, poor coaching and discipline that have held us back. If the recent additions to our staff can help us improve in those areas then it's them that should be worrying about us.

Advertisement
Back