When Oregon loses to Stanford?

What NCAA violations? Chadwell?

Or do you mean Freeze?

Chadwell got violations at his previous gig

“In 2018, the NCAA released a detailed report concerning numerous NCAA violations that occurred during Chadwell's tenure as the CSU head football coach. The violations ranged from using multiple ineligible players to player's using scholarship funds to purchase electronics and jewelry from the campus book store.”

Advertisement
Miami fans: If Mario has a terrible loss would you still want him? Most fans: **** yea I want him here he can't win the games he is supposed to but Miami is home.. Ace recruiter lol... Me on the other hand would say **** no. That's exactly what the problem is at Miami right now and his record is not impressive and only signature win is against Ohio St.. Meanwhile Hugh Freeze had. 7-1 bowl record at Ole Miss. Recruited a top 5 class while there and also is one of the few coaches to beat Nick Saban twice

Most here would LOVE Freeze.

We just can’t see this administration going that direction after the scandals he has had.

It sucks because I think he would do big things here and wouldn’t have to get as grimey to win like being in the sec west.

Last edited:
Didn't know about this..

Chadwell did have 2 issues with the NCAA during his time at Charleston Southern. He was suspended for a game in 2016 for having what was deemed impermissible contact with recruits on social media, and the NCAA vacated 18 wins after it ruled that Charleston Southern played ineligible players and allowed athletes to use scholarship money for books on electronics and jewelry.

The first issue is nothing to me, especially in today's social media enviroment. Would need details. The second seems like a school problem, but the HC.

Compared to Hugh Freeze Chadwell got a few parking tickets.

The guy is also a massive douchabag along the lines of Jeremy Pruitt

We could do better

Chadwell got violations at his previous gig

“In 2018, the NCAA released a detailed report concerning numerous NCAA violations that occurred during Chadwell's tenure as the CSU head football coach. The violations ranged from using multiple ineligible players to player's using scholarship funds to purchase electronics and jewelry from the campus book store.”
Interesting. Didn't seem to bother Coastal Carolina.

The scholarship money issue seems like a school-compilance issue, rather than the HC's problem. Would need more information on the ineligible players.

Advertisement
Same list as most.

I like Mario, but also see his ability to corch a game. The 4th-goal call we just saw was Ashely-eque.

Luke Fickell is a good coach, not coming to Miami.
Matt Campbell is a good coach, not coming to Miami.
Hugh Freeze might come to Miami, but he wouldn't get consideration.
Lane Kiffin isn't leaving Ole Miss.

Mark Stoops, but I just don't see the reason. But that's me.
Dave Clawson from Wake Forest. Good coach, maxed out at WF.

Jamey Chadwell from Coastal Carolina. His teams are solid on offense, defense, and special teams. But what about the jump to P5?
Bill Clark from UAB. But what about the jump to P5?

Bill O'Brien would be interestring, doubtful would come up in the conversation unless their is a new AD.
I do not want to go the G5 route again.

Advertisement
Give me a name.

We would we lucky to have Mario come here.
Ed Reed. Has a higher upside. More money for assistants. This guy had trouble with State at Eugene last week and is showing Goldenesque First Half issues.

This is our Christ figure?

Advertisement
Don’t get me wrong, Mario would be a good hire. We would be a perennial NY6/Playoff team under his stewardship.

But he’s going to get exposed by Saban in the playoffs the way Diaz was the first game. Don’t kid yourselves.

You can drop points to Stanford and come back and win and back into the playoffs. You can’t do that against Bama.

Advertisement
Oregon apparently has turned it up a notch. This I like.

Stanford is playing with depth issues right now, according to the commentary. They’ll get gassed.

Advertisement
Back