When Oregon loses to Stanford?

Advertisement
Oregon beats Ohio St. Then Arizona who is the worst team in that conference gave them a game. And now they are being beat by Stanford. Pretty inconsistent if you ask me. I have no idea why our fans are so high on a coach with a career 500 record.
Well then by those standards everyone is inconsistent other than Alabama. We just need to get back to 10 wins and build from there. 10 wins in the ACC Coastal title plus a bowl game should be a shoe in for 10 wins with the talent we have and can absolutely get if we simply get back to not losing more than 2, even 3 total games.

If we get to that point, it’s only a matter of time before we make a playoff run.

Advertisement
I get that Oregon is a little handcuffed by QB, but their offense schematically is meh as ****. I’d hope that he’d play a more aggressive and open game offensively here. They were pretty conservative even with Herbert under center.

Lke Fickel lead Ohio State team if i remember correctly. People on this site claim Fickel would be a good choice as HC

I mean, that was 10 years ago and it was his first year as an interim HC I believe. Has what Fickel done since then not count for anything? Or coaches are only as good as their first year coaching? He wouldn't be a good choice at HC because of his results as an interim HC in 2011? Elaborate please.

Oregon beats Ohio St. Then Arizona who is the worst team in that conference gave them a game. And now they are being beat by Stanford. Pretty inconsistent if you ask me. I have no idea why our fans are so high on a coach with a career 500 record.

Im the Captain of team "I'd gladly take Mario but think we can do better." So filter my opinion as such. lol

I think the key to getting Mario is that right now he might have enough juice to require changes in the athletic department before coming here. If hiring Mario gets blake james and jen strawley fired then I'm all for giving Mario 4-5 years to see what he can do here.

Advertisement
I get that Oregon is a little handcuffed by QB, but their offense schematically is meh as ****. I’d hope that he’d play a more aggressive and open game offensively here. They were pretty conservative even with Herbert under center.
Two different OCs, brother.

Im the Captain of team "I'd gladly take Mario but think we can do better." So filter my opinion as such. lol

I think the key to getting Mario is that right now he might have enough juice to require changes in the athletic department before coming here. If hiring Mario gets blake james and jen strawley fired then I'm all for giving Mario 4-5 years to see what he can do here.

Agree with overall post, but disagree with first point. I don't think we will be able to do better than Mario, realistically. JMO

Is Mario the perfect choice? Absolutely not, but he is the best we will get. Good P5 coaches don't leave their jobs, especially to come to Miami lol. Jimbo and Mullen are the only 2 in a very long time and those were under circumstances. JMO

Advertisement
Agree with overall post, but disagree with first point. I don't think we will be able to do better than Mario, realistically. JMO

Is Mario the perfect choice? Absolutely not, but he is the best we will get. Good P5 coaches don't leave their jobs, especially to come to Miami lol. Jimbo and Mullen are the only 2 in a very long time and those were under circumstances. JMO

Is there a better coach out there than Mario? I’m sure there is. Do we have the capacity to have a thorough search for and select a coach better than him? Probably not. I don’t trust our school to find the next hotshot great coach. Mario, otoh, is the safe hire. Can get the ball rolling quickly down here with recruiting and putting together a good staff. It’s the easy, albeit more expensive, choice

Advertisement
The problem is that I don’t see any sign that Blake is going to be let go. If that’s a condition of Mario’s hire, he’s staying in Eugene.

Same list as most.

I like Mario, but also see his ability to corch a game. The 4th-goal call we just saw was Ashely-eque.

Luke Fickell is a good coach, not coming to Miami.
Matt Campbell is a good coach, not coming to Miami.
Hugh Freeze might come to Miami, but he wouldn't get consideration.
Lane Kiffin isn't leaving Ole Miss.

Mark Stoops, but I just don't see the reason. But that's me.
Dave Clawson from Wake Forest. Good coach, maxed out at WF.

Jamey Chadwell from Coastal Carolina. His teams are solid on offense, defense, and special teams. But what about the jump to P5?
Bill Clark from UAB. But what about the jump to P5?

Bill O'Brien would be interestring, doubtful would come up in the conversation unless their is a new AD.
I tend to agree with all of this. Plenty of capable coaches out there with little to no chance of coming here. When I look at the G5 guys I look for a guy who isn't gimmicky and is pushing the limits of his guys with scheme or gameplanning. And of course good fundamentals are a must, but we have some serious culture shock that is needed to make these teams not kick themselves in the balls at every opportunity.

For instance, I am not for only hard nosed guys with little actual coaching substance like a Norvell and I am not about a guy who runs what he runs and will simply out execute the competition. I could get on board with Stoops, Chadwell, and MAYBE clawson, but I don't think that I would be excited over them either. Could just be my idiot fanhood wanting the Urban Meyer type splash that obviously will never happen here.

One thing I hope we do with the next guy is seek out the up and coming coordinators. Someone with fresh new ideas who are at risk of bouncing to the NFL for good performance not archaic 5 play systems.

PS looks like Oregon may pull this one out which is just lessoning our chances

Advertisement
Back