When Oregon loses to Stanford?

CAT5Coming

Redshirt Freshman
If Oregon loses to Stanford today as heavy favorites does the Mario goal become more achievable? Or do Miami fans lose interest?

Advertisement
Mario can lose every single game the rest of the year for all I care. I want Mario because:

He will rid the stench of manny’s weak culture the second he steps foot on campus. Example last week with the receiver getting chewed out

Td rings, chain, group photo shoots, throwing walk ons in the air down 6 to uva. All out the window the second he walks in.

Offensive line offensive line offensive line.

Ace recruiter

The only sure thing about Mario is that he is better than Manny. That is an incredibly low bar.

Everything else about Mario is speculation, and this is coming from someone that wants him here.

If/when he loses, it will all depend on “how” those losses look. I’m so sick of seeing lethargic and undisciplined play.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there are any sure thing hires that are realistic and would clearly be better than Mario.

Advertisement
I have been hearing the Mario rumor for years, but not sure if that ship has sailed already. We had our chance to get Mario, and we whiffed (like our 5th year seniors in the open field this season). Unless the BOT changes its ways and decides to back up a Brinks truck to Mario’s door (very unlikely), we need to look at other candidates

Advertisement
I have been hearing the Mario rumor for years, but not sure if that ship has sailed already. We had our chance to get Mario, and we whiffed (like our 5th year seniors in the open field this season). Unless the BOT changes its ways and decides to back up a Brinks truck to Mario’s door (very unlikely), we need to look at other candidates

When one door closes, another opens. ALL ABOARD THE LANE TRAIN

If Oregon loses to Stanford today as heavy favorites does the Mario goal become more achievable? Or do Miami fans lose interest?
both. The more he loses, the better chance He comes here, but less likely he’s our savior in CUban form. If we want him, we should be hoping he loses this year…

Unless they collapse, I can see UO throwing him stupid money in the form of an extension

Advertisement
I don't know whether Mario is the answer or not... but I'm fairly certain he'll nix the practice of having our DBs do coverage drills while on the Slip-n-Slide.

Mario would 100% come home but, the ball is in his court now and he'll have a few demands.

Our fans are so delusional. Nothing has changed over 25 years. This is not a destination job and hasn't been for a long time. Even after Butch left we had to take Coker (I know the players wanted him) as the other options were guys like Barry Alvarez. I remember when people were convinced Gruden was going to get hired before we settled on our 6th choice, Al Golden. Randy Shannon was also 5th or 6th on the list. Richt was the only hire since 1989 that was a big name "get". I remember when we thought we could steal Schiano from Rutgers. Freaking Rutgers and he laughed. Bo Pellini laughed when the rumors were out that he would leave Lincoln.

Quick summary-we don't draw fans. Oregon has a small stadium but fills it and makes a lot of noise. Oregon has Nike money behind it. We don't seem to have a lot of money to attract big name coaches. Oregon, other than the Taggert year is a consistent winner and made the playoffs a few times. That is a much better program, and seems to be on the rise.

USC fans are also certain b/c of their blue blood status (also delusional) that Mario is coming to LA. I highly doubt it. Oregon has no state income tax and cost of living is low. Probably the one thing we are on a level playing field with them, but Dade County is super expensive.

I can't see him coming here. He proved with the last fiasco where he quit a month after Golden hired him that he doesn't place any great value on being an alum and one thing consistent with the BOT is that they never forget. (see Butch Davis)

Find a different name than Mario. I'd bet quite a bit that he wouldn't take the job. Maybe they would try Leach, which seems to be a popular pipe dream even if his coaching isn't very good.

Advertisement
Our fans are so delusional. Nothing has changed over 25 years. This is not a destination job and hasn't been for a long time. Even after Butch left we had to take Coker (I know the players wanted him) as the other options were guys like Barry Alvarez. I remember when people were convinced Gruden was going to get hired before we settled on our 6th choice, Al Golden. Randy Shannon was also 5th or 6th on the list. Richt was the only hire since 1989 that was a big name "get". I remember when we thought we could steal Schiano from Rutgers. Freaking Rutgers and he laughed. Bo Pellini laughed when the rumors were out that he would leave Lincoln.

Quick summary-we don't draw fans. Oregon has a small stadium but fills it and makes a lot of noise. Oregon has Nike money behind it. We don't seem to have a lot of money to attract big name coaches. Oregon, other than the Taggert year is a consistent winner and made the playoffs a few times. That is a much better program, and seems to be on the rise.

USC fans are also certain b/c of their blue blood status (also delusional) that Mario is coming to LA. I highly doubt it. Oregon has no state income tax and cost of living is low. Probably the one thing we are on a level playing field with them, but Dade County is super expensive.

I can't see him coming here. He proved with the last fiasco where he quit a month after Golden hired him that he doesn't place any great value on being an alum and one thing consistent with the BOT is that they never forget. (see Butch Davis)

Find a different name than Mario. I'd bet quite a bit that he wouldn't take the job. Maybe they would try Leach, which seems to be a popular pipe dream even if his coaching isn't very good.

Alvarez wouldn’t have had us as a flaming dumpster fire at least

CHOO CHOO MUTHA F*CKAS
Disappointed British GIF by London North Eastern Railway

Advertisement
Back