When Oregon loses to Stanford?

“Mario Christensen” from Buffalo is not believable. Maybe if you said something like “Mario Cannelloni” from Buffalo then I could get my head around it.
Haha. Coach Luigi Cannelloni is under an ironclad lifetime contract at Moonachie High in New Joisy. He's unattainable but I can promise that he wouldn't corch away random games each year to the likes of Cal and Zona and ASU.

Advertisement
I am assuming you are talking about Kiffin? How did you like him this weekend?

Liked him just fine. I question the intelligence of anyone that thinks that how a coach with the 27th most talented team fares against Nick Saban and Saban should be a given weight in a hiring decision. This bears repeating: according to the 247 roster rankings, Bama is #1 in talent. Miami is #13. Ole Miss is #27. That means Miami is closer in talent to Bama than Ole Miss is to Miami.

As for his game day coaching in the Bama game, I think Kiffin used the correct strategy against a vastly superior opponent. Only way that Ole Miss had even a sliver of a chance was to go high risk high reward. It didn't work out but that doesn't mean it wasn't the right way to approach the game. If he'd played a "by the book" game and punted in 4th and short, played field position etc, Ole Miss would have lost by 40 points.

Last edited:
Liked him just fine. I question the intelligence of anyone that thinks that how a coach with the 27th most talented team fares against Nick Saban and Saban should be a given weight in a hiring decision. This bears repeating: according to the 247 roster rankings, Bama is #1 in talent. Miami is #13. Ole Miss is #27. That means Miami is closer in talent to Bama than Ole Miss is to Miami.
I am assuming you are talking about Kiffin? How did you like him this weekend?
I actually wasn’t trying to be a smart ***. I believe you can learn a lot about a coach when he’s losing as much as you can when he is winning. what did you like about his coaching/press conference yesterday?

Mario is a great recruiter AT OREGON. Who is he recruiting against? USC? Washington? I mean that area and that conference is terrible right now so he doesn't have that much competition up there... At Miami he will have to deal with UF, FSU, Bama, UGA, Ohio St and every major program in the country.. To say he'll have the same success as he does at Oregon is a dream
This is what ive been telling them but have at it

I actually wasn’t trying to be a smart ***. I believe you can learn a lot about a coach when he’s losing as much as you can when he is winning. what did you like about his coaching/press conference yesterday?

I apologize then, it was a general comment to those chuckle heads that were saying "hardy har har, Kiffin lost to Saban so he sucks as a coach."

I didnt see his presser. I Googled it just now and I love his comment about going for it on 4th down so many times.

One hundred percent you go for it,” he said. “That’s the other way. A lot of people don’t do it because it’s scared money. When you’re at the blackjack table and you have $5, it’s easy. Put a couple thousand out there and now you get scared. I said we weren’t going to do that.”

100000% correct- scared money don't make money. Would a guy who has that philosophy play for a FG with more than a minute on the clock, in the opponents red zone, with 3 time outs? Not a f#cking chance.

Advertisement
So you think he would be a worse recruiter than Mark Richt or Manny Diaz? I don't. No one is demanding that Cristobal recruit the #1 class every year. Diaz and Richt recruited in the 11-15 range (I think Diaz's average is in that range) . It's not a dream to think Cristobal could do a little better. After just 1 10 win season, Richt landed the #8 class. If Cristobal put together a couple 10 win seasons, he should be able to land classes ranked in the top 8 in his sleep. I think that a lot of top players in S Fl would want to stay close to home but they need a reason. Right now leaving for the SEC schools is a business decision. If Miami is back in the national conversation, I think a lot of players will see the business opportunities in Miami (helped a lot by NIL).
If...- He likely wont.
Diaz and Richt are in the 11-15 range ...Mario would get it up to top 10....But still lose the similar amount of games and business decisions will still remain with s.fla recruits. He also is a terrible qb evaluator so we would also have that

And they’ll clap back and say Mario recruited great at Alabama lol
Most on here dont understand recruiting...and legitimately think Mario Cristoball would LOCK DOWN s.fla recruiting. lol

Would be in for a rude awakening thinking that.

His only strength would be recruiting...That is negated coming here a bit...though would be better than Diaz...But who tf cares about comparisons with Diaz.

Im just ready to get away from this supposed Cane tree b.s.

If...- He likely wont.
Diaz and Richt are in the 11-15 range ...Mario would get it up to top 10....But still lose the similar amount of games and business decisions will still remain with s.fla recruits. He also is a terrible qb evaluator so we would also have that

He's a former offensive lineman. I don't expect him to be good at evaluating QBs. He should hire a QB coach that is good at that. In a down year, Mario signs a class that is no worse than 10th. In a good year, top 5. If you know of a HC who we have a chance of landing (so no Saban or Smart) who is a better recruiter, I'm all ears.

Ive said a few times that I agree with the school of thought that there are "culture" coaches and "scheme" coaches. Cristobal is definitely the former. Miami has done slightly better with the latter historically so my preference is to look for a scheme coach first but we also have culture of soft players so I can live with a culture coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If...- He likely wont.
Who is evaluating currently for Miami? Is it Lashlee or Manny?

I think Mario could get an OC/QB coach that could be better in those evaluations.

He's a former offensive lineman. I don't expect him to be good at evaluating QBs. He should hire a QB coach that is good at that. In a down year, Mario signs a class that is no worse than 10th. In a good year, top 5. If you know of a HC who we have a chance of landing (so no Saban or Smart) who is a better recruiter, I'm all ears.
Not looking for a recruiter.

Im looking for a guy that can COACH and get wins. You win and the s.fla elite guys that leave stay a bit.
Mario Cristobal would be the same big nationally aired game dud that we have been having yearly.

Im likely the biggest recruiting guy on this board...and Im DONE witht he whole get a recruiter thing. What the **** is Mario Cristobal gonna do if sh*t hits the fan....he cant even call **** plays.

He's at Oregon...the current kings on the West Coast and he is trotting out a bum from Boston College as his starting qb. lmao

Do you see who his current starting qb is?. Jarren Williams with more speed
Oh ****!!! Lol - so your evaluation of TVD is that he’s JW?!? 😂😂

So you like Garcia better or nahh?

Advertisement
Oh ****!!! Lol - so your evaluation of TVD is that he’s JW?!? 😂😂

So you like Garcia better or nahh?
Im talking about Oregons current qb. i read it wrong.

For us its obviously Lashlee...Manny is a defensive coach. Mario works on the offense and likely would have say so at qb somewhat. I think he would put together a good staff though...better than what we currently see

Not looking for a recruiter.

Im looking for a guy that can COACH and get wins. You win and the s.fla elite guys that leave stay a bit.
Mario Cristobal would be the same big nationally aired game dud that we have been having yearly.

Im likely the biggest recruiting guy on this board...and Im DONE witht he whole get a recruiter thing. What the **** is Mario Cristobal gonna do if sh*t hits the fan....he cant even call **** plays.

He's at Oregon...the current kings on the West Coast and he is trotting out a bum from Boston College as his starting qb. lmao

Fair enough. If you want to go the good coach (scheme) route, then I like Kiffin, Stoops, and Fickell. Stoops not only can coach but he also understands the program. He's got a sweet gig in Lexington though.

Advertisement
Fair enough. If you want to go the good coach (scheme) route, then I like Kiffin, Stoops, and Fickell. Stoops not only can coach but he also understands the program. He's got a sweet gig in Lexington though.
Stoops (Kentucky)
Allen(Indiana)
Obrien (Bama OC)
Matt Campbell
Hugh Freeze

Not saying we have a chance..just guys i wouldnt mind.

Advertisement
Back