What's your short list look like? Golden replacements

Schiano...it's been too long without a nasty defense. The offense always has and always will take care of itself

Advertisement
Jedd Fisch would be a disaster. I'd rather have Coley as my head coach (note: I want neither). Fisch cannot evaluate and recruit anywhere near the level required for this job.

Jedd Fisch would be a disaster. I'd rather have Coley as my head coach (note: I want neither). Fisch cannot evaluate and recruit anywhere near the level required for this job.

I doubt he'd come if even offered and I think the major decision makers would shoot down the idea.

Advertisement
Butch or Mark Stoops. Stoops defense is aggressive. this guy too over a nonexistent program that lost 17 straight conference games and in his 2nd year they are a play away from being 3-0 in SEC while we are 1-2 in ACC.

Butch is obviously a good choice because it will be long term for him and his coaching pipeline is impressive. let him groom Ken Dorsey to be a HC one day. lol

Who's your top three, D$? Top three you want and also top 3 most likely?

Stoops would be 1 for me. Would love to see us go all out.
2-butch

Don't even need a 3rd guy because Butch would take it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Strong if Texas say adios after one season.....Stoops is a possibility depending on the other jobs available at the time. Jedd

In terms of the most realistic options, probably Stoops and Butch as my top two.

I like Pruitt as the best long-term option and am intrigued by Narduzzi but I don't know if they'd have interest. We know Butch's interest level, and Stoops has seen the best of Miami first-hand. I could see him being more intrigued than the typical SEC coach.

Advertisement
Stoops and Patterson are pipe dreams.

It's Butch or bust for me but I think Schiano will get it. Not a huge fan at all of his, but he'll be an upgrade over Al. He'll have us winning 9 or 10 consistently.

LULZ at Stoops being a pipe dream. That Kentucky gig is a stepping stone job for him.

In terms of the most realistic options, probably Stoops and Butch as my top two.

I like Pruitt as the best long-term option and am intrigued by Narduzzi but I don't know if they'd have interest. We know Butch's interest level, and Stoops has seen the best of Miami first-hand. I could see him being more intrigued than the typical SEC coach.

My biggest question is what is/would be the university's interest level with Butch? Is he realistic from that stand point? I think it is safe to say that he is most of the fan-base's #1 choice.

Advertisement
Back