What's your short list look like? Golden replacements

Butch Davis

Chudzinski
Mark Stoops
Narduzzi......he must be committed to having a strong offense...not just be a one dimensional coach...all defense
Chad Morris.....who would he bring in to be the d Coord...see above...don't be one dimensional

Advertisement
Butch Davis or Greg Schiano.

I don't want a coordinator taking over. Need a guy with head coaching experience. If Miami misses on the next hire that would equal 12 years of ****, and I really don't know if the program could bounce back from that.

At this point I just want someone capable of winning is the **** coastal. Schiano would do that and butch Davis would do more than that. Other than that there aren't a whole lot of names out there that have a proven track record. At least if we can win a coastal the trajectory is somewhat upwards.

Butch and Schiano are my top two in that order, I would be okay with stoops too.

Stoops is making $1.1 million less than Golden at a place he knows he'll always be fighting against bigger and better programs in his own conference.

Mark Stoops will not come to Miami. End of story. There will be better jobs out there that will pay him just as much, if not more, than we will.

Don't give a ****. Zero confidence that the athletic department won't **** it up.

Just looking forward to the brief blissful period that will follow Al Golden's firing.

Stoops is making $1.1 million less than Golden at a place he knows he'll always be fighting against bigger and better programs in his own conference.

Mark Stoops will not come to Miami. End of story. There will be better jobs out there that will pay him just as much, if not more, than we will.

Thanks for ending the story DannyBoy.

Advertisement
Butch Davis or Greg Schiano.

I don't want a coordinator taking over. Need a guy with head coaching experience. If Miami misses on the next hire that would equal 12 years of ****, and I really don't know if the program could bounce back from that.

At this point I just want someone capable of winning is the **** coastal. Schiano would do that and butch Davis would do more than that. Other than that there aren't a whole lot of names out there that have a proven track record. At least if we can win a coastal the trajectory is somewhat upwards.

Butch and Schiano are my top two in that order, I would be okay with stoops too.

This. But as already stated, I doubt Stoops would come unless he thought that he could springboard the Miami job into a NFL head coaching gig. That would be the only he could surpass Bob.

Advertisement
Schiano=The admin will never hire Schiano. He tried to cover up his players almost dying from MRSA and attempted to blame them in the process.

Narduzzi=Big Ten guy. I heard that he is the first phone call if/when Michigan fires Hoke. Miles and Harbaugh are unlikely.

Stoops=Possible and the admin would hire him, but I expect he'll have a higher paying job available. Does anybody here think Florida wouldn't steal him if/when Muschamp gets fired?

Chud=NFL guy. Would want a big salary, but probably no buyout. Not sure how interested he is but I'd guess not very.

McNeal and Patterson=Firmly comfortable where they are and satisfied with their likely ceilings. We probably couldn't pay enough to get them here.

Butch=According to the admin he is not off the table, but he has an uphill battle and he will not be the first call. A lot of the afore mentioned names will be and if they all fall through, Butch may get it by default and with fanfare. People seem to forget he had record high APR and graduation rates while here. The admin loves that.

The man who likely gets the first call is Jedd Fisch. I doubt he takes the job.

what's the consensus if Butch isn't a possibility?

But Butch IS a possibility, and the likely one, at that. The BOT only needs to make the call. Butch could be signed before the next practice. He'd take over the D, leave some of the staff for this season.

The BOT needs to suck up their decade of hiring mistakes and do the right thing, by hiring a proven winning coach. Butch is the BEST answer.

If the BOT comes up with another SlappieCorchGoldie, we should immediately call for their firing. This fan base will be destroyed by another 4-5 years of give-him-a-chance ineptitude. We might as well fold up the football program!

what's the consensus if Butch isn't a possibility?

But Butch IS a possibility, and the likely one, at that. The BOT only needs to make the call. Butch could be signed before the next practice. He'd take over the D, leave some of the staff for this season.

The BOT needs to suck up their decade of hiring mistakes and do the right thing, by hiring a proven winning coach. Butch is the BEST answer.

If the BOT comes up with another SlappieCorchGoldie, we should immediately call for their firing. This fan base will be destroyed by another 4-5 years of give-him-a-chance ineptitude. We might as well fold up the football program!

UM also wouldn't need to pay an arm and a leg for Butch. And Butch wants the job.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Al Golden at Temple= Greg Schiano at Rutgers

Schiano was 4-19 against rank teams while at RU. Their resumes are virtually the same.

Guys like Butch and Stoops would be great hires from the HCing ranks.

Right after them would be Schiano.

From the coordinator ranks, Pruitt and Narduzzi are about the same to me.

From the UM pipeline, it's Cristobal, Chud, and Fisch.

From what I suspect, Cristobal will get the call which doesn't thrill me at all.

Guys like Butch and Stoops would be great hires from the HCing ranks.

Right after them would be Schiano.

From the coordinator ranks, Pruitt and Narduzzi are about the same to me.

From the UM pipeline, it's Cristobal, Chud, and Fisch.

From what I suspect, Cristobal will get the call which doesn't thrill me at all.

Cristobal ****ed off some of the big donors. I'd be surprised if the admin went after him hard.

Advertisement
Back