What's up with Hyppolite? Rivals headline says we're not in contact??

I’ve come around to believing Gogeta has the right of it. Hyppolite ia a different type of kid, wants to know the coaches are truly committed to him. Manny needs to take a direct role in this one.

I hope tonight will strengthen our bond with him. He obviously likes the Canes. We need to give him a reason to stay home now.

Advertisement
Somebody just need to seriously talk some sense into this kid & get him to realize he's far too talented to waste his time up there in Maryland... There's not a **** thing up there for him & that program ain't gon do sh*t for him.

Their LB coach is Brian Williams who's from, played & coached at Carol City, that's why he's so locked in with MD because they got a South Fla coach on staff who has experience from being at UGA & FSU. Brian Williams was at FSU when Telvin Smith & Matt Thomas was there, he actually played a big part in landing Matt Thomas.

Ruben is probably being sold on the being the big fish in that little pond & they're definitely guaranteeing him a starter spot. Diaz & Baker should be laying out the clear gigantic difference between playing LB in our system & playing in that makeshift garbage up there with Jon Hoke. Maryland's Defense is a fckin JOKE... All he would be signing up for is being on Penn St, Purdue, Indiana, Minnesota, Michigan & Oh St's highlight reels of their offenses steamrolling all over MD's Defense.

Whatever they offering to go up there ain't worth it fam, stay home son, we can take care of you, financially & developmentally as a player.

Hyppolite is a good football player.

But man, if he wanted to be a 'Cane, he'd be a 'Cane.

Y'all really want to put the full court press on this guy? I mean, I've played NCAA14, too much. I know when you're down -7000 recruiting points, its time to let it go.
Yes.

Because for 1), we desperately need speed & depth to our LB Corps next year & for 2) he's better than 2 of the LB's we currently have committed (Flagg & Mathis) and could contribute early here.

His upside separates him as a player, he looks like Tavares Gooden 2.0, there's no reason to just let him go without a fight, it's not like we're Warring with Clemson or UGA for his services, why let a fast talented 4-star LB from our backyard just go up to Maryland without pressing the issue & attempting to get the flip?

This lining up to be a classic case where Miami puts all their eggs in one basket chasing after a pipe dream like Flowe & losing contact with a much more viable option in a kid like Hyppolite. It's a dumb strategy our staff makes every single recruiting cycle, even though it literally never works out in their favor, like ever lol.

Yes.

Because for 1), we desperately need speed & depth to our LB Corps next year & for 2) he's better than 2 of the LB's we currently have committed (Flagg & Mathis) and could contribute early here.

His upside separates him as a player, he looks like Tavares Gooden 2.0, there's no reason to just let him go without a fight, it's not like we're Warring with Clemson or UGA for his services, why let a fast talented 4-star LB from our backyard just go up to Maryland without pressing the issue & attempting to get the flip?

This lining up to be a classic case where Miami puts all their eggs in one basket chasing after a pipe dream like Flowe & losing contact with a much more viable option in a kid like Hyppolite. It's a dumb strategy our staff makes every single recruiting cycle, even though it literally never works out in their favor, like ever lol.

I'm just saying...if he wanted to be a 'Cane by now, he'd be a 'Cane.

We also do not a great recruiting staff, so idk. Maybe, hopefully we land him, but this just seems like the same story we've heard a lot with this team over the years.

Early misevaluation that when they try and double back on it, its too late.

Advertisement
Exactly. I leave for six months come back and you
Fake miami fans still talking like you know something. When I want to know something I just
Drive down to coral gables and talk to players
Or coaches. that's the good thing about miami
You can actually go on campus even if you just
Want to visit with know problem not like those
Other colleges. I told u want abe's before that
Tate was garbage took four months to shut y'all
Up, now I m telling you this when miami was losing
Guys like hypolite, Francois. Smith, start looking else where and you get caught holding there word.
Think if bbn or like this when you chasing that chick
And you know you like her and you know you can't wait to get her to signing day so you can make it
Official, but use she doesn't have the same interests you can hang on and be her friend while she go give
It up to someone else, get the picture.😁
**** That’s some type of avant-garde stuff right there.

Advertisement
Andrew, confirmed what @gogeta4 has been saying. He doesn’t think Miami has given Hyppolite the green light to commit even if he wanted to
Makes no sense if true even if Flowe eventually comes can you imagine those 2 coming? Stack at linebacker and then develop them because in the end I seriously doubt he looks at Maryland and decides to sign his young career away at that ****hole of a program

Advertisement
How do we not take this kid given our depth chart? He’s talented but also it’s not like we have a stacked chart coming back. We were playing a walk on linebacker this year!

Advertisement
Andrew, confirmed what @gogeta4 has been saying. He doesn’t think Miami has given Hyppolite the green light to commit even if he wanted to

There are very few recruits where I just shake my head and think the coaches are stupid. If they don't want a W Neal or a Pough, okay, they know better, right? Well, this is one that goes into the "stupid is as stupid does" category. Just plain foolish.

Dumb asf if true. Just don’t get it.

Yes you do. So does everyone else, they just don’t want to admit it. The staff is going all in on Flowe. It’s clear as day. Only way there is room for him is if we drop Mathis. (Flagg not going anywhere) There is no more room at LB. 4 spots. We not taking 5.

Yes you do. So does everyone else, they just don’t want to admit it. The staff is going all in on Flowe. It’s clear as day. Only way there is room for him is if we drop Mathis. (Flagg not going anywhere) There is no more room at LB. 4 spots. We not taking 5.
Going all in on Flowe is stupid if they don't land him, why is that so difficult to figure out.

You don't put all your eggs in one basket on a player that is highly likely to not commit, because you're left scrambling late trying to get prospects you already passed up on.

Going all in for one player this late in crootin season literally never works out for us smh.

Going all in on Flowe is stupid if they don't land him, why is that so difficult to figure out.

You don't put all your eggs in one basket on a player that is highly likely to not commit, because you're left scrambling late trying to get prospects you already passed up on.

Going all in for one player this late in crootin season literally never works out for us smh.

Maybe. But guess what..you take the next step and start competing with the big boys by getting a Justin Flowe every few years. I like Hypolite. I think we should drop Mathis to get him in the class. That said, there are a lot of different reports coming out on this kid. He says he’s firmly committed to MD in interviews but he wants us to show him love? Sounds fishy but okay whatever. Why doesn’t he decommit and show us he’s really interested? Maybe Manny thinks he’s FOS. I don’t know.

Advertisement
Back