What's up with Hyppolite? Rivals headline says we're not in contact??

flowe doesn,t want any part of this **** show! i can,t think of 20 reasons why flowe would come here! kid hyppolite probably has a better future at maryland, with this staff we have here.

Especially after that Game yesterday. What kid would want to come play in this attacking D with guys Like Rosseau and Hall and Garvin etc....

GTFOH

Advertisement
Especially after that Game yesterday. What kid would want to come play in this attacking D with guys Like Rosseau and Hall and Garvin etc....

GTFOH

If yesterday becomes the norm, not a fluke, then I do think recruiting heats up quickly. We've beaten Clemson for recruits in the past, so it's not unheard of, even if it's a lonngggg shot. But I think you do whatever you can to land Hyppolite as a local So Fl top talent, then find a way to make room if some national elite kid like Flowe wants in.

Or Maybe they arent playing with kids who visit week after week and havent committed or even decommitted from Maryland
After now year after yesr after year of very good defenses and linebacker development and seeing that piece of **** school Maryland this whole decade and he still won't flip I would start cooling on him too

Advertisement
flowe comes to town this weekend. If after this weekend u don’t feel traction then you go all in on hypollite. Maybe the staff likes the 3 they have committed more than hypolite so they are entirely waiting on flowe

After now year after yesr after year of very good defenses and linebacker development and seeing that piece of **** school Maryland this whole decade and he still won't flip I would start cooling on him too
Linebacker development? Maybe I miss understood your post?

flowe comes to town this weekend. If after this weekend u don’t feel traction then you go all in on hypollite. Maybe the staff likes the 3 they have committed more than hypolite so they are entirely waiting on flowe

Yes, but the issue is that even if the coaching staff does not feel Hyppolite is priority number one at the present time, they should still be maiking every effort to make him feel as if he is their top priority. That way if he becomes their top priority in the next couple weeks, he is still receptive. How hard is it to send a kid a few texts and a phone call every day for a linebacker coach who is only recruiting two undecided guys?..

And it's not even close. These guys are technically sound. They're just not fast enough for a top Power 5 program, especially one that runs downhill and expects so much out of our LBs as we do. We think Shaq and Pinckney are slow, and they're much, much faster than Mathis and Flagg, IMO.

I know Hyppolite's still raw, whereas Flagg is mostly a finished product. I just feel Hyppolite's tape oozes athleticism, and I don't see anything that excites me about Flagg's upside in his highlights.

RH would be a great partner in crime to Cave in this class. Plus he's local. Why the heck aren't we going after the local talent? MD is 3-5, so it's not like he's running off to a BCS championship team.
I agree 100%. This staff truly mystifies me. So we're going to thumb our noses at a local kid with speed and athleticism so we can grab 2 kids who are high floor no ceiling types in Flagg and Mathis because they each had 150 tackles their senior year in HS? You guys think Pink and Shaq are slow? Wait till you see these two. SMFH

Advertisement
I agree 100%. This staff truly mystifies me. So we're going to thumb our noses at a local kid with speed and athleticism so we can grab 2 kids who are high floor no ceiling types in Flagg and Mathis because they each had 150 tackles their senior year in HS? You guys think Pink and Shaq are slow? Wait till you see these two. SMFH
I agree with you on Flagg, but I don't think Mathis is as slow as you think, but his tape to me shows a lack of instincts. There are a couple of guys committed who I don't think are UM caliber. For example, Keshawn Washington, Flagg, Riggins, and I'm on the fence with Mathis, that being said they seem to be dropping some recruits to really get some of their remaining top targets. Being realistic I don't expect every recruit to be a hit so having 1 or 2 guys who one think is not UM caliber is fine.

The depth isn't anywhere near perfect but the ones who play consistently ball way better then Maryland develops at any position
I would say that our LB development has been non existent, the 4 year starters look as good now as they did their freshman year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes, but the issue is that even if the coaching staff does not feel Hyppolite is priority number one at the present time, they should still be maiking every effort to make him feel as if he is their top priority. That way if he becomes their top priority in the next couple weeks, he is still receptive. How hard is it to send a kid a few texts and a phone call every day for a linebacker coach who is only recruiting two undecided guys?..
And what makes you say we not doing that. I doubt there is 0 communication when Manny was facetiming a bunch of FSU commits right a6ter a win saturday.

My dream linebacker class is Flowe, Hyppolite and TAC. I understand why we like Flagg and Mathis though. Production sometimes is all you need to know if a dude can play and I dont believe they are as slow as most think. However, I wouldnt mind telling one or both to look around if Hyppolite and Flowe wanna come in because you have to try to get the best 25 guys possible without overkill at posititons. We only play 2 linebackers we dont need to be taking 4-5 in any class ever anymore.

Advertisement
Back