What's up with Hyppolite? Rivals headline says we're not in contact??

Maybe. But guess what..you take the next step and start competing with the big boys by getting a Justin Flowe every few years. I like Hypolite. I think we should drop Mathis to get him in the class. That said, there are a lot of different reports coming out on this kid. He says he’s firmly committed to MD in interviews but he wants us to show him love? Sounds fishy but okay whatever. Why doesn’t he decommit and show us he’s really interested? Maybe Manny thinks he’s FOS. I don’t know.

Again...look at Francois....decommitting and currently NOT having a spot at the school where he wanted to go.

He likes Maryland. Why decommit when the school isnt full in on you yet. I would sit pat with the school i really like until something shakes.

Advertisement
Again...look at Francois....decommitting and currently NOT having a spot at the school where he wanted to go.

He likes Maryland. Why decommit when the school isnt full in on you yet. I would sit pat with the school i really like until something shakes.

I agree. Again, I like Hypolite. The coaches must not be convinced he’s serious. At least right now. He’s better then Flagg and Mathis. That’s clear as day. Staff must have heard it through the grapevine that he’s FOS and is all MD. Just guessing here.

Manny and the staff can’t win here. They chase big names like Flowe and get mocked. Lose out on Tennison and Williams - get mocked. Slow play a guy who watches Miami games but is “100%” committed to a dumpster fire in Maryland? Get mocked.

Personally I’d like to see them chase everyone with a pulse, perpetually have a full class “committed” and figure it out as they go but there are drawbacks to that plan too. If they chase Hyppolite and Flowe hard the current recruits see and hear that. It’s no different than with Knighton, Parish, and the other running backs. Miami appears solid with roughly 20 recruits today and wants to add to the class, not recruit over them is what I am getting from this. There will be some players processed out of the big name programs late in the cycle too. The strategy of having a handful of open spots to chase big time players and pickup 4 stars being dropped by big time programs is not a bad strategy.

If the team keeps winning they will do just fine and fill out the remaining spots in the class with good players. The absolute worst case is the 20 or so players this team has today are it and Manny goes to the portal for another 5-8 guys.

I agree. Again, I like Hypolite. The coaches must not be convinced he’s serious. At least right now. He’s better then Flagg and Mathis. That’s clear as day. Staff must have heard it through the grapevine that he’s FOS and is all MD. Just guessing here.

Could be too..but CROOTING about to turn up. We'll see what shakes in the next 2-3 weeks.

Advertisement
Lol at Hyp not being able to commit

Chase the pipe dream in Flowe till the end and if does sign drop Flagg or Mathis.... Hypp should be here if he wants in.... hes easily the 2nd best backer we have been recruiting from the jump to only Flowe.... if you can land both **** you hit a homerun this cycle...

Hypp, mathis, and Flagg is still good and will fit in with Huff, Brooks, and McCloud on campus next year

Advertisement
Hyppolite is a good football player.

But man, if he wanted to be a 'Cane, he'd be a 'Cane.

Y'all really want to put the full court press on this guy? I mean, I've played NCAA14, too much. I know when you're down -7000 recruiting points, its time to let it go.
Next week could be that X2 though!

Lol at Hyp not being able to commit

Chase the pipe dream in Flowe till the end and if does sign drop Flagg or Mathis.... Hypp should be here if he wants in.... hes easily the 2nd best backer we have been recruiting from the jump to only Flowe.... if you can land both **** you hit a homerun this cycle...

Hypp, mathis, and Flagg is still good and will fit in with Huff, Brooks, and McCloud on campus next year
We still have Tirek Austin-Cave, right?

Advertisement
Somebody just need to seriously talk some sense into this kid & get him to realize he's far too talented to waste his time up there in Maryland... There's not a **** thing up there for him & that program ain't gon do sh*t for him.

Their LB coach is Brian Williams who's from, played & coached at Carol City, that's why he's so locked in with MD because they got a South Fla coach on staff who has experience from being at UGA & FSU. Brian Williams was at FSU when Telvin Smith & Matt Thomas was there, he actually played a big part in landing Matt Thomas.

Ruben is probably being sold on the being the big fish in that little pond & they're definitely guaranteeing him a starter spot. Diaz & Baker should be laying out the clear gigantic difference between playing LB in our system & playing in that makeshift garbage up there with Jon Hoke. Maryland's Defense is a fckin JOKE... All he would be signing up for is being on Penn St, Purdue, Indiana, Minnesota, Michigan & Oh St's highlight reels of their offenses steamrolling all over MD's Defense.

Whatever they offering to go up there ain't worth it fam, stay home son, we can take care of you, financially & developmentally as a player.
Ah el,does he have a committable offer from us?

Advertisement
Back