What's the loudest you've ever heard the orange bowl?

Advertisement
01 Washingtin game for me. someone dropping the stuffed husky over the upper level with a noose around its neck everytime we scored.
then maybe 2000 VT. there were more people than seats at that game

Devin hester kick return against Louisville in 04. I was 11 and I remember having to park at someones house and smelling all the Latin food and the atmosphere was just electric.

West Virginia game Thursday night, where Winslow caught that 4th down pass on his fingertips. I'll never forget that moment.

I literally, with great sadness and reminiscence, JUST watched clips of both of those games on YouTube. Those definitely weren't the best teams we've ever had, but were arguably the most exciting.

Agreed. But in hindsight, I would kill right now to have those teams compared to the product we have laid out the last 10 seasons.

I started watching games there in 1992, so I can only comment on games after that.

Loudest moment - 1994 FSU game. Carlos Jones pick-6'd Danny Kanell (soon to be ESPiN commentator) and the place turned into pure bedlam. I was in the student section and we found ourselves a few rows forward of where we had been sitting/standing a moment before the play.

Loudest sustained noise - 2000 FSU game. I don't think I could hear the person next to me most of the time when Weinke was under center.

Loudest game for a non-sold out game - 1998 UCLA

2002 FSU game...it was a ******* noon game, everyone was wasted and on the verge of eat stroke, and then McGahee took a screen pass 80 yards

Yes, they had to move up the date of the game because of one of the 4 hurricanes that came that year and had to bring in extra bleachers, we were 80,000 strong and behind the whole game. That come back at the end had the whole place rocking and I couldn't even hear my cousin sitting next to me. **** I miss those days!!

Advertisement
[video=youtube;4D9WVH-KU14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D9WVH-KU14[/video]

I was 12 years old and I remember it like it was yesterday. The INT for a TD was ridiculously loud. I was sitting in the West endzone and I could not hear myself think. Never seen anything like it. However, I hear 1989 vs. ND was the loudest game ever but I do not remember it.

This right here, God I miss that place

2002 FSU game...it was a ****ing noon game, everyone was wasted and on the verge of eat stroke, and then McGahee took a screen pass 80 yards

Yes, they had to move up the date of the game because of one of the 4 hurricanes that came that year and had to bring in extra bleachers, we were 80,000 strong and behind the whole game. That come back at the end had the whole place rocking and I couldn't even hear my cousin sitting next to me. **** I miss those days!!

The "four hurricanes" year was 2004.

Devin hester kick return against Louisville in 04. I was 11 and I remember having to park at someones house and smelling all the Latin food and the atmosphere was just electric.

West Virginia game Thursday night, where Winslow caught that 4th down pass on his fingertips. I'll never forget that moment.

I literally, with great sadness and reminiscence, JUST watched clips of both of those games on YouTube. Those definitely weren't the best teams we've ever had, but were arguably the most exciting.

Agreed. But in hindsight, I would kill right now to have those teams compared to the product we have laid out the last 10 seasons.

I would kill for you so you wouldn't have to deal with that mess if it meant we could go back to those Cardiac 'Canes days. Even if it were on Shabbos.

2002 FSU game...it was a ****ing noon game, everyone was wasted and on the verge of eat stroke, and then McGahee took a screen pass 80 yards

Yes, 2004. I got confused because I was also at the 2002 game and it went crazy when we won at the end, I think that was another "wide right or left" win.

Advertisement

Yes, 2004. I got confused because I was also at the 2002 game and it went crazy when we won at the end, I think that was another "wide right or left" win.

2002 was a day game and it was "Wide Left I" and 2004 was late afternoon or night game and we were losing 10-3 for most of the game until we tied it up with under a minute to go with a swing pass to Sinorice Moss for a TD. Then Rix pulled a Rix and fumbled in OT, and I think Gore ran it in for the win on the very next play.

I was at nearly every home game from 1989 until they tore it down.

This is an easy one for that time period....UM - Notre Dame 1989.

The only game that comes close was the Washington game in 2001.

Dammit mane, I think this was the first Canes game my pops took me to. I didn't even know who was even playing at the time. Pops loved the Canes

2002 was a day game and it was "Wide Left I" and 2004 was late afternoon or night game and we were losing 10-3 for most of the game until we tied it up with under a minute to go with a swing pass to Sinorice Moss for a TD. Then Rix pulled a Rix and fumbled in OT, and I think Gore ran it in for the win on the very next play.

That's right, we went to the strip club after the 04 game and it was dark. Hard to differentiate all the details with the mass quantities of alcohol consumed at both games....lol

Advertisement
The first quarter of the 2001 UW game was insane. That game was rescheduled to late in the year because of 9-11. Pretty sure it was the Saturday night following thanksgiving. As written above, the revenge factor was enormous. Even though 2 games remained, I think everyone felt the Canes won the MNC that night. I remember that husky doll being hung and swung during that game

The fourth quarter of the 03 UF game was pretty amazing, too.

The 2000 FSU wide right III was up there but I always have a bias toward the night games.

Advertisement
You kids just wait until that canopy is installed at SLS. I'm calling dibs on the thread where we compose this same list. Plus, it's not like they won't be making some futbol & beisbol memories on the land of our former home. That's a win-win-win in my book.

That Washington revenge game was freaking awesome and exceptionally loud but people are forgetting that we were also favored by like 50 too so it wasn't an all-timer for me. The sustained late noise is a factor. People are right about that UCLA game though. Per capita that may have been the loudest.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back