What's the loudest you've ever heard the orange bowl?

Devin hester kick return against Louisville in 04. I was 11 and I remember having to park at someones house and smelling all the Latin food and the atmosphere was just electric.

You nailed it!! Devin Hester kick return against hators, by far the biggest eruption at the OB...

This and its not close.... been to all home games from 81-2012 ( sunlife I gave up) gator games were always loud but hester KO was deafening

That was a great moment, but doesn't compare to Carlos Jones pick

Advertisement
I've been to many and the ND game was the loudest in my opinion....

[video=youtube;4D9WVH-KU14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D9WVH-KU14[/video]

I was 12 years old and I remember it like it was yesterday. The INT for a TD was ridiculously loud. I was sitting in the West endzone and I could not hear myself think. Never seen anything like it. However, I hear 1989 vs. ND was the loudest game ever but I do not remember it.

One of my biggest regrets was not making it down for a game in the Orange Bowl. I made the 2010 OU game, and it was great but nothing would compare to the Orange Bowl.

the Houston game in 91 is up there too. not the loudest. but that atmosphere was awesome. the full game is on youtube.

The Carlos Jones pick 6 and it's not even close. The ND game was most electric from start to finish but that Carlos Jones pick 6 is probably the loudest single moment. It had all the ingredients. Night game. Against FSU. FSU is pinned into the west endzone. On the previous play fsu was sacked back to the 2 yard line which whipped the crowd into a frenzy leading into the pick 6.

Advertisement
The Carlos Jones pick 6 and it's not even close. The ND game was most electric from start to finish but that Carlos Jones pick 6 is probably the loudest single moment. It had all the ingredients. Night game. Against FSU. FSU is pinned into the west endzone. On the previous play fsu was sacked back to the 2 yard line which whipped the crowd into a frenzy leading into the pick 6.

This guy knows his stuff. Yeah, on the previous play Kenard Lang violently sacked Kanell, so the place was already rocking.

Once Carlos Jones got the pick-6 and scored, the place was total bedlam.

They had beat us badly the year before, they were favored and they were pretty much supposed to win that game.

I showed up at UM in 2002, that's as far back as I go. I'll say wide left.

The missed FG against FSU as time expired elicited quite an eruption

Advertisement
Not to mention our home winning streak had just been snapped. We needed that game desperately.

This guy knows his stuff. Yeah, on the previous play Kenard Lang violently sacked Kanell, so the place was already rocking.

Once Carlos Jones got the pick-6 and scored, the place was total bedlam.

They had beat us badly the year before, they were favored and they were pretty much supposed to win that game.

Advertisement
Miami VS ND - 89. For those that remember in the OB the Endzone was an open seating area, it was not assign seating, I got there before the gates opened and the only seats I found were in the upper deck of the end zone of the OB. That game was so loud and folks were jumping so hard that at times most of us thought the upper decks were going to collapse it was actually moving. Bathrooms were impossible, even the sinks were being used. Incredible atmosphere. It was a hot and very humid.

#1 Loudest: Miami vs Washignton - 2001
- **** was insane. "The Freaks" Came out as Ed Reed said they would prior to that game

#1 Quietest: Miami vs Florida State - 2000
- It was amazing. When that kick was in the air you could have heard a pin drop... and we had a capacity crowd WITH bleachers put in. What was it, 88,000? Possibly my greatest Cane moment....

Advertisement
'89 ND hands down, even Holtz commented how electric it was, when Conley broke the tackle and scored you see on the TV replays Holtz squats down with this look of "aw **** this is gonna be rough".
'01 is up their with the most hate you could ever feel for an opponent, everyone wanted blood.

Haven't been to a Miami home game since 83 vs notre Dame and I hardly remember ****.... But when I heard that crown after the Carlos Jones pick 6 in 94.... First time a crowd gave me goosebumps.... Only thing close to that was when munyon missed that kick in 2000....the way the crowd reacted was 5 years of pain

2002 FSU game...it was a ****ing noon game, everyone was wasted and on the verge of eat stroke, and then McGahee took a screen pass 80 yards

this. sometime in the 3rd quarter I had to go below into the shade for about 15 minutes to keep from passing out. The heat that day was ridiculous

Advertisement
Back