What's the loudest you've ever heard the orange bowl?

1989 v ND was bananas. Seriously thought the OB might collapse. Great times.

Advertisement
89 Notre Dame.

I was at the game then watched the recording the next day. Right before kickoff they did a quick two question interview with Lou Holtz. Right at the end of it Holtz turns to the reporter and says, "Have you ever seen a crowd like this in your life?" You can see the look on Holtz face. Like foreshadowing in a movie.

The Washington game was not close to being the loudest. The game got out of hand so quick the atmosphere actually kind of died. It's ND 89 and it's not close. Carlos jones is #2

Advertisement
I was at the fsu/miami game when Shockey caught the touchdown to take the lead...that's the loudest ive ever heard a stadium

Advertisement
'89 Bernard Clark's pick or Thrill Hill's 3rd and 43 first down. The OB exploded. Upper deck swaying a good 5yrds. Washington beat down at night had a weird gallows feel. Wide Right 3 came close to '89.

Go Canes!

That game was nowhere near as loud as the 94 FSU game. Oh it was rocking that night, but not like 94 FSU.
I was at nearly every home game from 1989 until they tore it down.

This is an easy one for that time period....UM - Notre Dame 1989.

The only game that comes close was the Washington game in 2001.

Yep... 2001 Washington game was unreal! We beat that @ss and it was insane the entire game!! I would say the Gator game (2003) was second loudest for the games i attended. Season ticket holder at OB from 03-07 and various games in 00-02.

Devin hester kick return against Louisville in 04. I was 11 and I remember having to park at someones house and smelling all the Latin food and the atmosphere was just electric.

You nailed it!! Devin Hester kick return against hators, by far the biggest eruption at the OB...

Advertisement
1989 v. Notre Dame.

The OB was shaking. Just deafeningly loud.

Loudest game I've ever attended at any stadium.
I went to every game mentioned. I have never been apart of a crowd like the 1989 Notre Dame game. Two great teams. I couldn't sleep after going home. I wanted to go back to the stadium. The Miami Nebraska first national championship game was close and a better game but the 89 game was magic.

89 UM vs notre dame. Nothin nothing compares with that game and ive seen them all since 1980. Unreal atmosphere

Advertisement
You ever seen the Orange Bowl backed up?

No?

Well I have. It wasn't pretty.

At least there wasn't a "blue lot".

Devin hester kick return against Louisville in 04. I was 11 and I remember having to park at someones house and smelling all the Latin food and the atmosphere was just electric.

You nailed it!! Devin Hester kick return against hators, by far the biggest eruption at the OB...

This and its not close.... been to all home games from 81-2012 ( sunlife I gave up) gator games were always loud but hester KO was deafening

Advertisement
Back