What's the loudest you've ever heard the orange bowl?

paksat

Junior
Banned
I'd have to say it was in 2003 right after the canes scored the go ahead touchdown and the gators got the ball back on that possession

Advertisement
[video=youtube;4D9WVH-KU14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D9WVH-KU14[/video]

I was 12 years old and I remember it like it was yesterday. The INT for a TD was ridiculously loud. I was sitting in the West endzone and I could not hear myself think. Never seen anything like it. However, I hear 1989 vs. ND was the loudest game ever but I do not remember it.

UF vs. Miami 2003 epic comeback in the 2nd half the OB was literally shaking. That was my first game at the OB my freshman year at the U and it was unreal. Sad part it was the first and best game as a Cane fan since.

The 94 FSU game was incredibly deafening. I remember hearing after the game that it was the loudest game ever at the OB, but I am sure there are several that were in the same range. Like the 89 ND game. That pick 6 was the loudest thing I have ever heard in a stadium, anywhere.

Advertisement
Place was going absolutely nuts against UCLA in 98 and there were 40k people in the stands.

Devin hester kick return against Louisville in 04. I was 11 and I remember having to park at someones house and smelling all the Latin food and the atmosphere was just electric.

Advertisement
Devin hester kick return against Louisville in 04. I was 11 and I remember having to park at someones house and smelling all the Latin food and the atmosphere was just electric.

West Virginia game Thursday night, where Winslow caught that 4th down pass on his fingertips. I'll never forget that moment.

It was pretty damned loud the day the city brought out the wrecking ball.

I don't think it was ever louder than that.

2002 FSU game...it was a ******* noon game, everyone was wasted and on the verge of eat stroke, and then McGahee took a screen pass 80 yards

Advertisement
I was at nearly every home game from 1989 until they tore it down.

This is an easy one for that time period....UM - Notre Dame 1989.

The only game that comes close was the Washington game in 2001.

Advertisement
A monster truck show in 1987. Gravedigger and El Toro Loco left it all out on the field. Brock Berlin-2nd half against UiF is my #2 . Even watching it now on tape for the 753rd time is still electric.

I was at nearly every home game from 1989 until they tore it down.

This is an easy one for that time period....UM - Notre Dame 1989.

The only game that comes close was the Washington game in 2001.

Yep... 2001 Washington game was unreal! We beat that @ss and it was insane the entire game!! I would say the Gator game (2003) was second loudest for the games i attended. Season ticket holder at OB from 03-07 and various games in 00-02.

West Virginia game Thursday night, where Winslow caught that 4th down pass on his fingertips. I'll never forget that moment.

I literally, with great sadness and reminiscence, JUST watched clips of both of those games on YouTube. Those definitely weren't the best teams we've ever had, but were arguably the most exciting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back