What's the latest on Lingard?

Advertisement
I'm confident. His main adviser loves Texas.

Thought his advisor admitted that he barely even knew Lingard. Turns out that he really doesn't have any influence at all.
Ever hear of arms length advising?

Cute, arms length advising...lol... truth is I really don't think our staff will let itself be "McFarland" again. They won't drop all their eggies in the Lingard basket. Look for Davis from Carol City to be 1A on their board. And another RB to emerge as their 3rd option very soon.

Is this a good thread for me to talk about how I think Chris Curry is an elite talent at RB for next year's class?

That's not my call.

I'd like to see Lingard commit before we start handjobs elsewhere.

So we're waiting until 2018 NSD then

Well commits and letters are two different things aren't they? I think we learned that quite well over the last 48 hours.

Ideally Lingard would commit early and allow us to fully pursue our 2nd/3rd choices. Unfortunately it appears as if that might not happen.

So are you just being snarky or do you have something to contribute here?

Is this a good thread for me to talk about how I think Chris Curry is an elite talent at RB for next year's class?

That's not my call.

I'd like to see Lingard commit before we start handjobs elsewhere.

So we're waiting until 2018 NSD then

Well commits and letters are two different things aren't they? I think we learned that quite well over the last 48 hours.

Ideally Lingard would commit early and allow us to fully pursue our 2nd/3rd choices. Unfortunately it appears as if that might not happen.

So are you just being snarky or do you have something to contribute here?

Have you seen the context of this thread? I'm absolutely being snarky. Do you have anything to contribute?

EDIT: I will add that I think February 2017 is too early to have absolute certainty as to who should be a #1 option vs 2nd/3rd choices. The ebbs and flows of how the boards value prospects over the timeline of the recruiting year has proven that. I want to discuss prospects instead of just ride the hollow wave of promoting one prospect over another out of the gate. With that said, Lingard is absolutely a #1 option at RB, I'm just not committed to the idea he is in a tier by himself yet.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The staff should continue to recruit him, but assume that Lingard is going somewhere else so we don't get caught with our pants down at this time next year. There is no reason we can't sign two great RBs in the 2018 class.

The staff should continue to recruit him, but assume that Lingard is going somewhere else so we don't get caught with our pants down at this time next year. There is no reason we can't sign two great RBs in the 2018 class.

Agree with this. Orange City is OOS so far as we are concerned. He's not coming until he faxes an LOI.

Advertisement
I'd like to know if we have a real chance or are handlers gonna steer things in an awkward manner.

very real chance, my friend.

& define "handlers" for me

In this context 'handlers' is defined as @Tweed . or what ever tha fvck his handle is

Tweed loves him some canes. definitely dont see that being an issue for us.

& when the **** are the mods gonna turn the handle linking back on??

a lot of talent to be had & youre not going to have a better opportunity to sell than what we have after our last couple classes of only 1 RB each along with our starter almost assuredly leaving for the NFL

I'd recruit from a group of 5 or 6 guys and take the first 2 or 3 who commit and shut it down. Minute one of the commits starts talking to other schools you start recruiting from your list again.

Where'd the cousin Coleman wind up? He was a hot commodity after Lingard said he wanted to play with him.

Advertisement
I'd recruit from a group of 5 or 6 guys and take the first 2 or 3 who commit and shut it down. Minute one of the commits starts talking to other schools you start recruiting from your list again.

Where'd the cousin Coleman wind up? He was a hot commodity after Lingard said he wanted to play with him.

LOL, let it go man. Lorenzo was simply trying to help his cousin get noticed.

Not a good look throwing him under the bus since it was you that brought the package deal to the internetz first.

Either way, best of luck to you and the young man.

Now I'm forbidden from asking a simple question about Coleman because Gentweed gets triggered? Don't come at me, bro.

Advertisement
He didn't sign anywhere as far as I know. I still hope we pick him up, we have four scholarships available.

I'd like to know if we have a real chance or are handlers gonna steer things in an awkward manner.

very real chance, my friend.

& define "handlers" for me

In this context 'handlers' is defined as @Tweed . or what ever tha fvck his handle is

Tweed loves him some canes. definitely dont see that being an issue for us.

& when the **** are the mods gonna turn the handle linking back on??

That very well may be but at this point we don't have much room for error.

I don't understand all the talk about other schools ACC and SEC to boot.

Advertisement
Back